VERDICT WATCH UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be soooo disappointed if LL is found guilty ( as I think she will be), but we never learn any more about her past, her motivation, her mental state, etc. Speaking for myself (and I believe for you too my friends), one of the reasons why I am here is because I have an enquiring mind, and I really want to know.

This is one of those times, where I desperately wish this case was in the US, where everyone in their mother is allowed to come out of the woodwork, and speak about all the (in hindsight, of course) weird encounters they had with the alleged perpetrator.

In the case of the recently arrested alleged serial killer in Long Island, there is a parade of schoolmates, neighbors, acquaintances, co-workers, etc., sharing their creepy encounters, oddities, etc about this guy.

Alas, No such luck on Ms. Letby from our friends across the pond (from this nosy US follower)!

I think he might offer a majority verdict once the 50 hour deliberations have passed. Which could be today or Monday. They started late today.

I know in the grand scheme of things it’s not important but I can’t help but feel for Dan too, and the other media people outside, turning upto court every day and just sitting around waiting for a verdict.

I wouldn't feel too sorry for them since they get paid for it. I'm not being unsympathetic but it's their job and hanging around is part and parcel of it. I'm sure they're well practiced at amusing themselves while they wait.

In any case, the task at hand being what it is, it all seems pretty much on track to me. Another week of deliberations would seem perfectly reasonable.

Last edited:
I will be soooo disappointed if LL is found guilty ( as I think she will be), but we never learn any more about her past, her motivation, her mental state, etc. Speaking for myself (and I believe for you too my friends), one of the reasons why I am here is because I have an enquiring mind, and I really want to know.

The psychology of LL is pretty much what's engrossed me in this case from the off. Objectively, and if guilty/found guilty, she's fascinating.

While I doubt we'll ever get to know motivation /what drove her since that would have to come from her - and even she may not know or be able to articulate why she did what she did - I'm sure we'll get the gaps filled in as regards her past.

Last edited:
I'm gonna use some reverse psychology. As every prediction I've made so far has been wrong I'm gonna predict that the verdict will be at some point after 45 hours of deliberation!

Fingers crossed I'm wrong again ;)
I don’t think reverse psychology works on the god of fate, I would presume it would anger him from a mere mortal. I have heard blood sacrifices work wonders though. ;)

Do we think the judge might make enquiries at 4pm today about whether they need help? It's been 2 weeks
Is this a normal thing? I would assume the judge is happy for the jurors to take their time. It has been a long trial after all and there is lots of counts to consider. I wouldn’t like to think they’d be hurried in any way for not being a unanimous verdict in such a short space of time.

I have never really taken much notice of how long the jury have been out on cases but now I’m obviously obsessed with every hour and minute. Considering everything I don’t think they have been out that long tbh. The week we lost just makes it seem unbearably long. Next week for sure.

This is one of those times, where I desperately wish this case was in the US, where everyone in their mother is allowed to come out of the woodwork, and speak about all the (in hindsight, of course) weird encounters they had with the alleged perpetrator.

In the case of the recently arrested alleged serial killer in Long Island, there is a parade of schoolmates, neighbors, acquaintances, co-workers, etc., sharing their creepy encounters, oddities, etc about this guy.

Alas, No such luck on Ms. Letby from our friends across the pond (from this nosy US follower)!
Sounds very different to our system. With your system, the jury gets the benefit of hearing from all sorts of people from the suspect's past...

But I'm not sure it would even help in this case, as it was stated that she was of previous good character, no previous convictions, etc.

Sounds very different to our system. With your system, the jury gets the benefit of hearing from all sorts of people from the suspect's past...

But I'm not sure it would even help in this case, as it was stated that she was of previous good character, no previous convictions, etc.
A shame the opportunity was not utilized by LL!

I have never really taken much notice of how long the jury have been out on cases but now I’m obviously obsessed with every hour and minute. Considering everything I don’t think they have been out that long tbh. The week we lost just makes it seem unbearably long. Next week for sure.
I think half a day per charge would seem within normal parameters, if they were looking at them as singular cases. I'm thinking 12 people, who have each heard each baby 5 times. (Six if you count the opening speech as well)
I wonder how much detail they retained between them all.
As an onlooker, I have to admit I lost concentration on some of the later cases, such as J, & N. I'd be totally relying on someone else to fill in the gaps for me there!

I think half a day per charge would seem within normal parameters, if they were looking at them as singular cases. I'm thinking 12 people, who have each heard each baby 5 times. (Six if you count the opening speech as well)
I wonder how much detail they retained between them all.
As an onlooker, I have to admit I lost concentration on some of the later cases, such as J, & N. I'd be totally relying on someone else to fill in the gaps for me there!
I dont think many people have been able to recall everything in detail. I need to check everything really although I have a good recall of significant events such as Baby A and the rash,baby e and the parents and mum, doc choc but I didn’t find his presence in the evidence significant And more besides.

Imagine the differences between us and the jury as well. We don’t even have the full picture Or all the data and we also have much more time to be able to constructively assemble an understanding of the evidence we have access to. The jury have had a fraction of that time for much much more data. so I couldn’t say on whats a reasonable time to expect.

I dont think many people have been able to recall everything in detail. I need to check everything really although I have a good recall of significant events such as Baby A and the rash,baby e and the parents and mum, doc choc but I didn’t find his presence in the evidence significant And more besides.

Imagine the differences between us and the jury as well. We don’t even have the full picture Or all the data and we also have much more time to be able to constructively assemble an understanding of the evidence we have access to. The jury have had a fraction of that time for much much more data. so I couldn’t say on whats a reasonable time to expect.
Personally I think there’s a case that @Tortoise should be judge, jury and verdict giver as she has a better grasp of this case than any of the jury possibly.

This trial has so many potential consequences . As you might know from previous posts
I live in Chester. A colleague and a friend have shall we say a personal interest

So the verdict and the wait are like throwing a stone into a pond. The ripples -

Parents of babies involved in charges . And their extended families and friends

Accused herself
The parents of the accused
Legal Teams
Friends of accused - including some colleagues

Colleagues many of whom have been thrown under the proverbial BUS

Dr Choc

AND I know from
Being local that the repercussions will not be just local
But national …
If guilty

What an appalling mess and convoluted evidence for the jury to sift through .

It might just be a listing error and absolutely of no relevance but they are not showing court 8 as being the usual satellite court on monday, notwithstanding it’s been technically empty for the last few weeks it’s always shown on the court lists. Not Monday though.

It might just be a listing error and absolutely of no relevance but they are not showing court 8 as being the usual satellite court on monday, notwithstanding it’s been technically empty for the last few weeks it’s always shown on the court lists. Not Monday though.
It might be used for another trial, no?
Isn't there a backlog of trials there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members