VERDICT WATCH UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADMIN NOTE:

This is a trial thread to discuss the trial only. It is not a general discussion thread.

Although WS is based in the USA, we do try to manage the various discussions according to laws of other countries.

As this trial is in the UK, the case is under sub judice so please stick to discussing the trial content without posting anything that violates the following principles:

Basically anything that may prejudice the accused’s right to a fair trial
Any suggestion, opinion, or direct accusation that the accused is either guilty OR innocent
(i.e. the accused cannot be called "the killer"; use "the accused", "the alleged killer", or "the defendant")
A defendant’s previous history of any offences is off limits
Scandalizing the court (disparaging judges, lawyers, any officer of the Court) is off limits
Broadcasting anything about proceedings which happen in the jury's absence is off limits
Any non compliance with an Order of the court is off limits

Note in the event of an Appeal subsequent to verdict:

Appeals are usually heard by senior judges who are not likely to be influenced by the media, therefore responsible comment is usually considered acceptable once a trial has concluded, regardless of if there is going to be an appeal.

Reference: UK Contempt of Court Act 1981

ADMIN NOTE:

Please remember that WS copyright rules and copyright law require that images have a link to the original source to give credit to the source.

Also, Mods not only have to edit the OP to remove unsourced pics, they then have have to go through all subsequent pages and posts to edit where the post has been requoted by others. OR we can remove the entire post and all responses and response to responses.

All we ask is that members ensure a link is provided. It takes only a moment for the members but takes WS staff a lot of time to fix if the link is not included.

Length of Deliberations Predictions

Jul
Mon 10th - day 1 (afternoon only) - 2pm to 4pm minus 5mins = 1h 55m
Tue 11th - day 2 - 4h 20m
Wed 12th - day 3 - 4h 20m
Thu 13th - day 4 - 4h 20m
Fri 14th - day 5 - 4h 20m
Mon 24th - day 6 - 4h 20m
Tue 25th - day 7 - 4h 20m
Wed 26th - day 8 - 4h 15m
Thu 27th - day 9 - 4h 20m
Fri 28th - day 10 - 3h 50m (12pm - 4pm minus 2x 5 min breaks)
Aug
Tue 1st - day 11 - 4h 10m

Running total = 44h 30m

Still in the game -

45h 10m - @esther43 (backed by @marynnu )
58h - @Jw192 (backed by @Sarahlou )
70h - @bobbymkii (backed by @Dotta )
75h - @CS2C (backed by @Kittybunny )
80h - @V347 (backed by @crystalline )

Length of Deliberations Predictions

Jul
Mon 10th - day 1 (afternoon only) - 2pm to 4pm minus 5mins = 1h 55m
Tue 11th - day 2 - 4h 20m
Wed 12th - day 3 - 4h 20m
Thu 13th - day 4 - 4h 20m
Fri 14th - day 5 - 4h 20m
Mon 24th - day 6 - 4h 20m
Tue 25th - day 7 - 4h 20m
Wed 26th - day 8 - 4h 15m
Thu 27th - day 9 - 4h 20m
Fri 28th - day 10 - 3h 50m (12pm - 4pm minus 2x 5 min breaks)
Aug
Tue 1st - day 11 - 4h 10m

Running total = 44h 30m

Still in the game -

45h 10m - @esther43 (backed by @marynnu )
58h - @Jw192 (backed by @Sarahlou )
70h - @bobbymkii (backed by @Dotta )
75h - @CS2C (backed by @Kittybunny )
80h - @V347 (backed by @crystalline )
And there I go...
I held on for a while, I didn't account for the significant amount of appendix evidence, but it's been fun, and I graciously bow out.
I am still trying to figure out how mentally exhausted these jurors must be; they deserve an all-inclusive 10-day vacation to wherever they choose.

I have just handed in my last term paper for the year, I have an open-book exam which we have a week to complete, and I'm on study break until September, but I have been checking in daily.
I hope it is not too much longer; this case needs some finality for the parents and everyone involved. They all need a 10-day all-inclusive vacation of choice and closure however that appears.

I hope today is the day but I have a feeling that it may be Friday. If they haven’t reached unanimous verdicts by Friday afternoon then perhaps the judge will allow majority verdicts then? IMO as soon as he allows for a majority, verdicts will be announced very shortly after. I suspect there are 1 or 2 hold outs on some charges which is why the jury seem to be deep diving into the evidence and asking the questions they have.

MOO

I can feel it in my bones.... and no @Dotta its not arthritis!

They do start court quite late in the mornings though :(
IMO this is why it seems to have been such a long deliberation. The shorter days plus the whole week off have made it seem like they’ve been deliberating for a long time. However, if they were deliberating for 8 hours each day for example 9 til 5 like many trials do, it would have only been around 5-6 days so far which in a trial this complex with 22 charges to consider isn’t long atall.

IMO the 4.5 hour court days are the reason this seems to be taking so long, imagine each morning they have a little recap of what they discussed the day before, after weekends having to refresh themselves on where they were Friday etc that could take half an hour before even getting down to the actual deliberations!

MOO

I hope today is the day but I have a feeling that it may be Friday. If they haven’t reached unanimous verdicts by Friday afternoon then perhaps the judge will allow majority verdicts then? IMO as soon as he allows for a majority, verdicts will be announced very shortly after. I suspect there are 1 or 2 hold outs on some charges which is why the jury seem to be deep diving into the evidence and asking the questions they have.

MOO
I'm also thinking that Friday may be when he will ask about progress. Its been a long trial with a ton of evidence, however, so we may still be in for a while longer of the waiting.

I'm kind of surprised that the jury haven't asked more questions regarding the Facebook searches and handover notes.
I think if they were thinking possibly NG then they would definitely be asking for more detail?
I'm just thinking this because these are the types of topics that skeptics have been using to challenge arguments.

I'm kind of surprised that the jury haven't asked more questions regarding the Facebook searches and handover notes.
I think if they were thinking possibly NG then they would definitely be asking for more detail?
I'm just thinking this because these are the types of topics that skeptics have been using to challenge arguments.
I expect they’ve had a lot more detail on these things during the course of the trial than what we have from the reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500