GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it normal for police to release this sort of information to the papers before a verdict? I’ve always seen things crop up within a few minutes of a guilty verdict, and assumed the police released it to the media as soon as the verdict was delivered, and the media were ready and waiting for it.

I’m a bit uneasy if it transpires they’re handing out this sort of footage before deliberations have even concluded.

With things like the notes, it was the judge who decided they could be shared with the media and public (I thought).
I think it may indicate that partial verdicts have been delivered. Obviously just speculation, because I thought the same as you. That nothing would be sent to the media until a verdict was known.

They can release arrest footage during a trial. This was released before Dawn Lewis was found guilty.

They probably can and if the person is convicted it makes little difference. If the person is acquitted then I think they'd be potentially in bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph