UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
But she'll be evaluated by skilled professionals, wise to the ways of manipulation! I'm not understanding why you think she has any balls in her court as far as where she gets to spend her sentence. She can't decide anything, she's at the mercy of those who assess her. They're the ones who'll make the decisions here, not her.

Also, her manipulation of others occurred when she was an unknown quantity, when no one had any reason to feel they were being manipulated. That's not the case now. Her manipulating days are over.
Her manipulations are not over. Skilled professionals fall for these tricks quite often. We have seen many mental health patients released by the professionals, only to go on and to attack or kill again. We've seen the stories on this forum.

She is being treated like a patient instead of a prisoner. She is being coddled and doted on by the skilled professionals and she is probably loving it. I'd prefer she be sent to a regular prison and do time among the other convicts, where I think she belongs.

Last edited:
She is being treated like a patient instead of a prisoner. She is being coddled and doted on by the skilled professionals and she is loving it. I'd prefer she be sent to a regular prison and do time among the other convicts, where I think she belongs.
How right you are!
"Coddled and doted on" sentence made funny things to my blood pressure :mad:

Her manipulations are not over. Skilled professionals fall for these tricks over and over. We have seen many mental health patients released by the professionals, only to go on and kill again. We've seen the stories on this forum.
snipped for focus

Royal College of Psychiatrists report

I thought this was interesting Katy

PTSD probably represents the great malingering challenge of our time. It has a definable (and diagnostically essential) clear cause, which can lead to compensation litigation and various other claims for assistance. As such, the potential for unscrupulous manipulation is obvious and, indeed, PTSD is the only condition for which DSM -5 specifically warns clinicians to watch for malingering.

fundamentally PTSD is ‘easily malingered’, and it has been referred to as the ‘diagnosis of choice’ in civil litigation.

bit of context if anyone hasn't come across ' malingering' before, summarised
definition: Malingering is the dishonest and intentional production or exaggeration of physical or psychological symptoms for external gain. It differs from factitious disorders, such as Munchausen syndrome, in which the gain is psycho(patho) logical secondary benefit....

The DSM has to specifically warn clinicians - because it's challenging to diagnose ( and easy to research)

Last edited:
"ITV News approached Tony Chambers outside a house in Bolton, where he refused to address claims he overlooked concerns about the killer nurse.

Asked if he ignored the concerns of doctors at the time of Lucy Letby’s murders, Mr Chambers said:
'I’m going to save it for the public inquiry'."

Last edited:
Dr Ravi Jayaram's reaction to Chambers ( there's an interview of him at this link)

Reacting to ITV's footage of Mr Chambers, he said: "What's really made me angry looking at his reaction, is his dismissive attitude.

"For the sake of the families of the babies that were harmed, for one of the people in senior management to come out and apologise, it would be so important.

"There are some things that don't need to wait for a public inquiry - to admit you made some errors would be a good start."

ITV keep up the pressure
'ITV News approached Tony Chambers outside a house in Bolton, after he repeatedly declined requests for an interview.'

Chamber's most recent post in Liverpool. A Director post at Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospital Trust.
Link to Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust's staff magazine LUHFT Life - March - Issue 8

Lawyer placing FoIA request to try to find out whether TC has now left his post & whether he was paid off from that post too Information on Tony Chambers's Leadership Role and Tenure at Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust - a Freedom of Information request to Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Last edited:
Sure, but even if she ends up in a place like Rampton, she'll still live a very controlled and restricted life. For all her life. As she deserves.

Rehab/recovery is at the heart of the service within Rampton, isn't it? Is that why you feel it's inappropriate and/or a 'soft' option? I'm just interested in your thinking here.

For me the idea of being locked up for life - regardless of where that might be, prison or psychiatric hospital - is absolutely terrifying (my blood runs cold even at the thought of it, I'd really rather die) so that probably is informing my 'does it matter?' stance on where LL ends up. For me, the punishment is the permanent loss of freedom and autonomy.
I don't think it's necessarily inappropriate or a soft option. Shes incarcerated for life, after all.

It's certainly softer than an actual prison, though. If I had the choice of either I know which one I'd be picking.

Last edited:
"ITV News approached Tony Chambers outside a house in Bolton, where he refused to address claims he overlooked concerns about the killer nurse.

Asked if he ignored the concerns of doctors at the time of Lucy Letby’s murders, Mr Chambers said:
'I’m going to save it for the public inquiry'."

He looks like s h I t
Would never believe that’s a man in the top job at the nhs earning 300k a year. Wtf

I don't think it's necessarily inappropriate or a soft option. Shes incarcerated for life, after all.

It's certainly softer than an actual prison, though. If I had the choice of either I know which one I'd be picking.

She's not in a position to pick though so she'll end up wherever the professional evaluations of her 'condition' feel most appropriate.

As it should be.

urm honestly, you gonna throw a duckling in with piranha In the fish box?

I still maintain this is a weak and meek individual, hence her targets (Yes I did just vomit) As stomach churning and despicable ,to put it lightly as she is she still has a right to protection. You really going to let one monster feel good for eating another monster? I wouldn’t. I’m going to knock ones head as I see it inflate, metaphorically speaking and without favour. I’m the boss not their ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74