Found Deceased UK - Paul Conte, 21, last seen 1am, Putney, SW London, 15 Aug 2021 *has autism & ADHD*

MsMiniSleuth

Reaction score
The older sister of a "funny, opinionated and loyal" man who has not been seen for more than 48 hours has urged her brother to come home.

Paul Conte, 21, from Putney, is a kickboxing instructor who suffers from ADHD and autism.

He was last seen wearing grey tracksuit bottoms and a white t-shirt in the Barnes area at 1am on Sunday (August 15).

Leanne Conte, 31, Paul's older sister, described her brother's disappearance as out of character.

She told My London: "Paul has ADHD and autism, so he doesn’t like change and him not coming Is completely out of character.

"He goes to work and comes home and sees his girlfriend and his friends, he likes his comforts."

0_E86wh0RWEAMgIli.jpg

It's believed the young man could be in the Barnes area, according to the Metropolitan Police.

Paul has brown curly hair, is 5ft 11in tall and weighs 82 kilos.

Missing kickboxing instructor with autism described as 'most loyal person ever'

Police have been searching for a young man who disappeared on his way home from a party in south west London.

Kickboxing instructor Paul Conte, 21, was last seen in Barnes around 12.40am on Sunday, August 15.

Mr Conte texted his girlfriend to say he would be walking back to Putney, a journey which should have taken no longer than an hour.

Scotland Yard said he was captured on CCTV in Galata Road and Parke Road in the early hours.

Huge police search for ‘most loyal’ brother, 21, missing after Barnes party

Paul Conte, 21, had been to a party in Barnes on Saturday 14 August - but has not been seen or heard from since.

Cops say Paul left the party just after midnight on saturday at around 12.30am.

He was seen on CCTV in Galata Road, SW13 at 12:35am and again at 12.38am on Parke Road, SW13.

Police believe he should have walked through the Barnes area on his way home. Paul should have been home an hour later - but never arrived.

Now officers are growing increasingly concerned for his welfare. They are asking people in the area to check their door bell footage to see if there is any sighting of Paul.

Sergeant Amy Everitt, of the Met’s South West Missing Persons Unit, said: “Paul’s disappearance is completely out of character and we are growing increasingly concerned for his welfare.

“Officers are working hard to find him and, we very much want to hear from anyone who has been in contact with him, or may have seen him in the Barnes area at around the time he was last seen.

“If you live in the Barnes area, especially the roads around Ferry Road, SW13, please check any door bell footage you may have to see if you captured any images of him.

“Please do contact us if you have any information that might help us find him.”

Anyone with information to call 999 quoting reference 3655/15Aug. You can also contact the Missing People charity anonymously by calling 116 000.

Desperate search for missing man, 21, last seen leaving party in West London

Hope this young man is found safe. Worrying that he is so close to Thames.

Map shows Ferry Road, where left party around 00.30, then sighting on Galata Road at 00.35, then Parke Road at 00.38.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210818-102701_Maps-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20210818-102701_Maps-01.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 13
I feel quite sad about this one. Shed a little tear. Some get to you more than others, and although I had waited to post in case he was found, I had been reading about him early yesterday. He reminds me of the many young guys I come into contact with in my music writing life.

I said previously being so close to water had my alarm bells ringing. I hope it was maybe an accident, he had a few too many at the party, and slipped or fell, and not that he had felt so alone, and life was too hopeless to go on.

Rest easy now, Paul.

Police were called to Putney Bridge on the River Thames around 7am this morning, and believe they have found the body of Paul Conte. His sister called him "funny, opinionated, and the most loyal person ever"

Police have found a body in the search for a missing 21-year-old man who disappeared after a party.

Paul Conte, a kickboxing instructor, was last seen in Barnes, west London, in the early hours of Sunday, August 15.

Metropolitan Police officers have since recovered a body from the River Thames at Putney Bridge in south west London.

The force confirmed in a statement: "Although formal identification awaits, police believe that the deceased is Paul Conte..."

Police find body in search for kickboxer who disappeared after party

BINKY Felstead has led tributes to her "kindest soul" friend after the body of a missing man was found in the Thames.

Police believe the body of celebrity kickboxer Paul Conte, 21, was found at Putney Bridge, West London, around 7am on Wednesday.

Heartbroken Made In Chelsea star Binky, 31, and husband Max Frederick Darnton, 31, hailed their pal as a "proper diamond".

Paul disappeared on Sunday after a house party, texting his girlfriend around 12.40am to say he was walking the two miles home from Barnes to Putney.

His disappearance sparked a huge police search before the Met’s Marine Policing Unit made the grim discovery.

Newlywed couple Binky and Max shared Instagram photos of them training with Paul in their garden.

A message on Binky's Insta page said: "Rest in Peace, Paul. Terribly sad & horrific.

"Pleasure to have known you. You really had the kindest soul. Sending so much love to you and all your family and friends."

Binky Felstead leads tributes to 'kindest soul' after body found in Thames

Woman says police won't tell her where her brother's body is after he drowned
20 Aug 2021
SBM

Paul's sister, Leanne Conte, has slammed the Metropolitan Police for their response to the missing person appeal, as well as the support they received following her brother's death. She claims the police haven't told the family where his body is, when they will be able to formally ID it or when it will be released for a funeral.

Leanne said: "The police have been absolutely disgraceful in finding my brother. "After informing me of my brother being dead, we have had no further contact. "We don't know where he is currently being held. "We have no idea what is meant to happen next. We haven't even been to officially ID him yet."

20 Aug 2021
SBM

Paul's sister, Leanne Conte, has slammed the Metropolitan Police for their response to the missing person appeal, as well as the support they received following her brother's death. She claims the police haven't told the family where his body is, when they will be able to formally ID it or when it will be released for a funeral.

Leanne said: "The police have been absolutely disgraceful in finding my brother. "After informing me of my brother being dead, we have had no further contact. "We don't know where he is currently being held. "We have no idea what is meant to happen next. We haven't even been to officially ID him yet."

How distressing for them.

His body was found by a member of the public in the River Thames at Putney Bridge at 7am on Wednesday.

Leanne has praised the public for the help they offered but feels the police let her family down.

"We found the footage so we could find the location he was seen, we told them where they needed to look," she said.

"A passer-by spotted him in the Thames."

Detective Chief Inspector Clive Vale, South West Public Protection Team, said: “My deepest sympathies go out to Paul’s family at this incredibly difficult time.

"We understand that this is a painful and difficult time for Paul’s friends and family. Officers are continuing to conduct an investigation into the circumstances of Paul’s death, which is being treated as unexplained.

"This was not the outcome that any of us had hoped for. In situations like these, we aim to do everything in our power to find out what happened and bring closure to the family. As part of our efforts to find Paul we conducted searches, reviewed CCTV, and conducted face to face enquiries.

“We are working closely with the coroner’s office and liaising with his family.

“As is routine in the circumstances, the matter has been referred to the Met's Directorate of Professional Standards."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrigokurita
Back