UK UK - PETER TOBIN - 48 Victims?

Discussion in 'Serial Killers' started by Earth, Dec 21, 2014.

1. martin123

martin123 Active Member

its certainly echos a tobin murder and has a slight feel of bible john about it aswell. Tobin was living in Brighton between 1973 and 1976. But he was very mobile and i do believe Tobin killed more victims during this time.

2. Earth

Earth Well-Known Member

Would any of these fit?

https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/help-us-find/jacqueline-o-loghlen-93-000038 - Jacqueline O'Loghlen, 23, Islington, 30th June 1985. Missing.

https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/help-us-find/rebecca-tyler - Rebecca Tyler, 35, 18th November 1992, Ilfracombe, Devon. Missing.

http://www.unsolved-murders.co.uk/murder-content.php?key=971&termRef=Jacqueline Palmer-Radford.

I can find very little information on these, in some cases, I can't find their ages or places of death.

http://www.unsolved-murders.co.uk/murder-content.php?key=1509&termRef=Alison Bigwood - Alison Bigwood, 20, 1976. Murdered.

http://www.unsolved-murders.co.uk/murder-content.php?key=1620&termRef=Margaret Doran - Margaret Doran, June 1981, Brixton. Murdered.

http://www.unsolved-murders.co.uk/murder-content.php?key=1518&termRef=Elaine Smith

http://www.unsolved-murders.co.uk/murder-content.php?key=1512&termRef=Carrina Bigg-Wither

http://www.unsolved-murders.co.uk/murder-content.php?key=1135&termRef=Fiona Saunders

http://www.unsolved-murders.co.uk/murder-content.php?key=1604&termRef=Rachel Applethwaite

http://www.unsolved-murders.co.uk/murder-content.php?key=1700&termRef=Yana Jones

http://www.unsolved-murders.co.uk/murder-content.php?key=2443&termRef=Wendy Gallagher

I also have a theory with the Jill Barnard and Jill Brown disappearances. We don't know where Tobin was between the break-up of his second marriage and 1979. It's suggested he may have lived in south-east England.

Jill Brown disappeared in Dovercourt, Essex. Perhaps Tobin moved to Essex in 1976/1977. He goes through London one day in October 1977, maybe trying to get to Glasgow or Brighton. He spots Jill Barnard on a street corner or leaving her flat and thinks, that's an opportunity. He goes up to her, maybe in his car, asking for directions or something. She spots somewhere on a map or tries telling him where to go. She's distracted and he pulls her in or maybe asks her to help him, a la Bundy.

He threatens her, maybe strangles her to unconsciousness or semi-consciousness, then when they're out of London, he pulls in a lay-by and eventually kills her. Maybe he thinks about dumping the body there, but for some reason, he doesn't. He takes the body home and hides her in a shed or basement or, like Vicky, under the stairs. He thinks about what to do and then decides on burying her in the garden.

Would he do it at night? Would he do it under pretense of gardening? He just puts it to the back of his mind and moves on.

New Year approaches and he decides he quite likes the nice young lady living in his village. He's planning already and asks her to come over whenever she wants. He sees her going to work one morning or maybe just pops by and she says she's got New Year blues or maybe just fed up about something in her life. He tells her he'll call the launderette and say she's sick, invites her over. Maybe his place isn't far and there's less chance of being caught.

He lets her have a drink, maybe a few drinks. Maybe he drugs her. He would repeat this action 27 years later with Cheryl Maclachlan. He attacks and kills Jill. He then buries her under the basement or the patio or something. Maybe he dumps her far away, so nobody would convict him and find the other body. After all, who would suspect nice Mr Tobin or Mr Semple or Mr Jeffries (his second wife's surname) or whatever he called himself?

Just is just my theory, but it would fit in with what we know.

3. martin123

martin123 Active Member

There is a huge amount of potential victims that could be linked to Tobin.We do know that After 1976 Tobin spent some time living in Portsmouth where there were unproven accusations that he abused an 8 year old.From 1989 to about the early 1990s he worked as an instulation fitter a job that required him to travel the country who knows how many victims he claimed during this period.He used so many aliases and owned so many cars we may never know. I just wonder if there was anything discovered from the womens jewlery he kept.

4. Earth

Earth Well-Known Member

No, that's the issue. The jewelry, as far as I know, is sitting there in Operation Anagram's safes. I'm trying to work out who it belongs to, but some, including small earring clips and an orange bag, are going to be impossible.

On the left is a picture of a Royal Mechanical and Electrical Engineers' Badge. On the right is a badge found in Tobin's possession. (Sources: Bickerton Jewellery and BBC News)

REME_2.jpg _46016481_jewellery_sussexpolice_226.jpg

Helen Puttock, the third Bible John victim, had a husband in this corps. I'd say this could be a firm connection, especially since DNA from the Bible John case is probably insufficient.

I don't know how to attach the picture, but there was a pair of green-grey rosary beads with cross attached. Christina Bracken, also known as Sister Jacinta, vanished in Swansea on 19th May 1979. The 38-year-old was last seen near the city's Quadrant multi-storey car park. Her handbag was on the foreshore. This is similar to how Vicky's purse was left near Edinburgh train station.

Christina is missing.

These rosary beads are highly likely to belong to a Catholic. It could also help if the purse with 'Lourdes' on it was hers, maybe a souvenir from the religious site?

A Rotary watch was found in Tobin's possession, with lines on the face and diamond pattern. From research, I found that this resembles a 1970s watch.

Teresa De Simone was killed in Southampton in 1979. She had been to a disco, just as the Bible John victims went to ballrooms. She was found in her car, with her tights down her ankle, strangled with her missing crucifix and her belongings scattered around the car park, as the Bible John victims' belongings were. Her car keys, Rotary watch, two necklaces, three rings and a bracelet are missing. Note: the jewelry she wears in the picture of her, does anyone know if that's missing?

There is DNA available from her murder.

Margaret Frame was killed in Stanmer Park, Brighton on 12th October 1978. She was stabbed in the back, it took ten days to find her, similar to how Angelika was hidden inside the church but it took days, there was an attempt to severe her head, a reminder of the Cockley Cley body and her jewelry was stolen.

One small ring in Tobin's possession (fingers in plastic gloves are holding it) looks like a ring Margaret owned. http://theargusandleaderseries.news...ooking_back_margaret_frame_jewellery_1978_jpg
    Her ring was 18 or 22 carat and small size.

Sadly, the writing is very hard.

In the time I've looked over the jewelry in the last two years, I also found myself drawn to the purple flower necklace. To me, it seems 'mumsy' or sophisticated, so perhaps one of the older suspected victims (Esther Mersy, Dorothea Meechan, Marion Hodge, Janice Weston) owned it.

There are many St. Christopher medals; St. Christopher is the patron saint of travelers so maybe a hitchhiker wore it. (Barbara Mayo, Jackie Ansell-Lamb, Elia Karjalanien)

The ring with two horseshoes seems 'childish' to me, so perhaps a younger victim owned it. (Suzanne Lawrence, Johanna Young, April Fabb, Lisa Hession, Pamela Hastie)

Another ring held by plastic glove fingers is very faded. It seems to be a head, reminding me of a coin, but it's difficult to work out.

The ring which is all white stones makes me think of dinner parties. Maybe it's also sophisticated. Perhaps Janice Weston, a businesswoman, had it?

The ring with blue stones missing makes me think that, despite this, it was taken care of really well, by Tobin or the owner. It also seems, even with all the blue stones, to have stood out. This could have been chosen purposely. Jessie Earl was an art student and it seems very bright and friendly.

I hope this helps get Operation Anagram to examine the stated incidents.

I can't help but compare him to Ted Bundy.

5. martin123

martin123 Active Member

the sister of Helen Puttock claimed she saw bible john showing her sister a military badge that could have been a Royal Mechanical and Electrical Engineers' Badge.He seemed to be showing it off. It could be coincidence but to me ive always believed tobin was bible john.

joejs89 likes this.
  6. martin123

martin123 Active Member

I find it hard to believe that still no hard evidence has emerged linking Tobin to other crimes. There are other victims of Tobin out there.

joejs89 likes this.
  7. Cici_Cyclone

Cici_Cyclone Member

I suspect there are more victims who were runaways hitchhiking who sadly didn't get listed as missing like Dinah... Or there was a gap in time after being missing before they encountered Tobin so have never been linked to jinx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. martin123

martin123 Active Member

i believe Tobin is responsible for Louise Kay going missing.No trace of her or her car have ever been found.

9. [video=youtube;jzGKMQCErHo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzGKMQCErHo[/video]

10. martin123

martin123 Active Member

The man is pure evil. He attacked a woman in the 1960s the only reason she wasn't killed was because a couple walked by and he ran off. He was prepared to kill then.

11. MelmothTheLost

MelmothTheLost Well-Known Member

12. Romanystar

Romanystar New Member

I've always wondered if Marie Garrity and Barbara Finn (both missing from hillfields red light area in Coventry in 1990s) were Tobins victims. Barbara isn't on the missing persons website as the police didn't bother to alert them. I got the local paper to cover her case.

13. Sabex

Sabex New Member

RomanyStar,

The more I research this guy, the more I think he's responsible for both Barbara Flynn and Nicola Payne. They vanished within about 6 weeks of each other I think.

He was actively killing in 1991, having killed at least two girls that we know of in that year.

Tobin seemed to exclusively go for young, pretty brunettes - both Barbara Finn and Nicola Payne fit that description. We know he had ties to Coventry because he fled there and hid with the Jesus Fellowship after attempting to murder the babysitters in aroundabout 1993 IIRC. He's also more than capable of hiding a body.

I think that when we find one of them, we'll find the other.

What I'd like to know is why Operation Anagram stopped looking into the two Coventry women, because they were definitely interested in 2012:
    http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/victims-of-serial-killer-peter-tobin-248076

EDIT: Just checked my notes, and yep, Marie Garrity is a young, pretty brunette, who went missing in '95. I need to check his spells at Her Majesty's pleasure, to see if he was out at that time.

14. martin123

martin123 Active Member

I don't think Peter tobin was responsible for nicola payne as I believe the two men who stood trial in that case are far more likely to have been responsible. I do believe and always have that tobin is bible John and believe he is responsible for many more crimes.

15. ayrshireman

ayrshireman New Member

Sorry, this is Sinclair all day long. It fits his 'MO' to a tee. And fits in with the idea the unsolved Glasgow murders of 1977 were a crime spree by Sinclair and his brother in law Gordon Hamilton. It is also said that Anna Kenny knew Sinclair somewhat through mutual friends and that's probably why she got in with someone she recognised.

16. ayrshireman

ayrshireman New Member

Contrary to myth, most Scots do NOT celebrate Burns Night.

17. ayrshireman

ayrshireman New Member

Helen Kane is another Sinclair killing. He lived at the time about two streets away from the construction site in Edinburgh, where her battered body was found.

Sharon Hoare is widely believed to be victim of Camden Ripper, Anthony Hardy.

Lamplaugh almost everyone agrees was another victim of the vile John Cannan.

Weston?. IMO the husband (now dead) had much more to do with the murder than thought. Even after his alibi was established, police still questioned him. A very odd case. Potentially anything from a random predator to something involving drugs and hit-men.

18. ayrshireman

ayrshireman New Member

19. ayrshireman

ayrshireman New Member

20. Pinkizzy

Pinkizzy Well-Known Member

Can someone place these murders on a map?