UK - Pregnant at 11 years old

She was in foster care because she drank, smoked and became pregnant under the care of her mother.
bykerladi said:
I disagree. The foster parents were lax enough to let the 11 year old drink and get pregnant, so what makes the government think the foster parents can raise a baby?

I hope this child isn't a write-off. i'm speaking of the 12 year-old now.

her mother clearly didn't raise her with any values to speak of, so how was she to find her way in the world?

i would hope she gets a home where she has a chance in life.

as for the baby: what can i say?

from what i can tell the young mother drank and smoked throughout the pregnancy, which probably has caused untold damage, physically.

my first thoughts are the baby should be adopted out to offer the chance to move away from what would appear to be a situation without hope. but who am i to make such a judgement when i haven't the first idea of what brought the 12 year-old to the state she's in. oh, i know the reported story but have no earthly idea of what her life really is.

and should a baby arbitrarily be taken from their mother? in this case my first thought is 'yes'.

but on reflection, there are no easy answers. :(

lizziedripping said:
SCOTLAND'S youngest mum has left a foster home without her month-old baby, it emerged today.

http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=1418&id=1016302006

July 22nd 2006
SCOTLAND's youngest mum was arrested and held in a police cell after being found drunk at her mother's home.
Police were alerted after the 12-year-old, who fell pregnant at the age of 11, failed to return to her foster family.

http://news.scotsman.com/edinburgh.cfm?id=1066272006

This is really sad. Sounds like the girl may already be an alcoholic and possibly mentally ill due to her behavior and suicide attempt after the arrest. She is still a child and needs help. I noticed that the article said that she saw a psychologist after the suicide attempt. The girl needs to be seeing a psychologist regularly due to the things that she had been through and due to her behavior. If she doesn't get some quick help she will destroy herself through the destructive behavior.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back