UK UK - Preston, Lancs, WhtMale 35-50, stated "I want to go back to Warner Park", Aug'78

*edit* Bit of hope, you linked this man and said he couldn't be the UID. Is that just due to his age?
Simon Armley has been missing from Eastbourne, East Sussex since 28 July 1977. He was 24 years old. UID found about a month later, a ~5.5 hour drive away from Eastbourne.
I think they look similar, comparing the hair line, the nose, the thick eyebrows, and the facial hair (just shaved differently).
198.jpg

image1_4d2e86fc3513acf8b997ded4ff1c7ad1.jpg

Thanks, for doing the site by site. Yes, he looks very similar to me. It's because of the age I have doubts. Also I'm not sure about the moustache growth, could be shaven in this shape, where in the UID it's much fuller. You also would think that LE would look first in their missing persons files and would have find this missing man. Would love to see some teeth of the missing man.

already got a reply back!
"Thank you for taking the time to contact us about a possible identification of missing person Simon Armley with the unidentified male- 06-024910. I have looked at both pictures and I agree with you that there is a good likeness. The discrepancy with the age could be explained by the fact that the deceased male had apparently been living rough for some time.

I will pass the information to the investigating Police Force in case they have more information that might enable them to match the two. Unfortunately we do not seem to have any biometric information for Simon Armley so I am not sure that it will be possible to positively identify him to the satisfaction of a coroner. "

"Thank you for taking the time to contact us about a possible identification of missing person Simon Armley with the unidentified male- 06-024910. I have looked at both pictures and I agree with you that there is a good likeness. The discrepancy with the age could be explained by the fact that the deceased male had apparently been living rough for some time.

I will pass the information to the investigating Police Force in case they have more information that might enable them to match the two. Unfortunately we do not seem to have any biometric information for Simon Armley so I am not sure that it will be possible to positively identify him to the satisfaction of a coroner. "

That's great the response at first, so quickly and the content of the response. Fingers crossed. I also wonder about accuracy of the height of John Doe....

Great work.

Wow, what a promt response from National crime agency. I am a bit suprised that they and also someone else here mentioned that he might have been sleeping rough.

My impression is that he wore quite elegant cloth - grey suit (both jacket and trousers) and also black shoes. I wonder if it was case of disorientation due to some illness episode (bipolar, shizophrenia or some recent trauma etc) rather then homelessness. That his cloth was already infested by vermim is quite shocking and just reassuring me that it was some mental episode and not regular homelessness. (just in my humble opinion)

Question is, why was he in Longton?

Last edited:

:) Thank you for doing that!

And...
Wow - I'm impressed with the rapid response but especially the fact they took the time to look then replied including their own thoughts with the explanation.

The slight discrepancies could be easily be down to a number of things
as already stated the date the photo of Simon was taken, another big factor is the UI pic *this was taken post mortem*:confused:

I'm sure 'whoever' did try to make him look the best they could for the pic.? All cleaned-up, hair washed, brushed &
... a shave. So possibly give him a neatly trimmed 'tash, beard?

:rolleyes: I hadn't taken any notice of the height...
but *IF* that's correct isn't that point kinda somewhat of a 'biggie' ;)

Less than 5ft tall ??
( 152cms - 4′ 11.8" )

:cool: I don't know guys ... but I'm thinking "Warner Park" maybe is NOT the biggest clue here :D

Anybody able to find more info on Roy Lewis? He had mental illness, last seen January 2nd 1973 in great Yarmouth (?) He was 46.

Do you have a link?

:) Thank you for doing that!

And...
Wow - I'm impressed with the rapid response but especially the fact they took the time to look then replied including their own thoughts with the explanation.

The slight discrepancies could be easily be down to a number of things
as already stated the date the photo of Simon was taken, another big factor is the UI pic *this was taken post mortem*:confused:

I'm sure 'whoever' did try to make him look the best they could for the pic.? All cleaned-up, hair washed, brushed &
... a shave. So possibly give him a neatly trimmed 'tash, beard?

:rolleyes: I hadn't taken any notice of the height...
but *IF* that's correct isn't that point kinda somewhat of a 'biggie' ;)

Less than 5ft tall ??
( 152cms - 4′ 11.8" )

:cool: I don't know guys ... but I'm thinking "Warner Park" maybe is NOT the biggest clue here :D

Maybe Warner Park was a house for the elderly or mental patience...did a little search but didn't came up with anything. I know in the UK there are much more people missing then listed on the missing persons site. Looked at Scotland and Ireland missing persons site...didn't find a lead. But I could be wrong....just like I found Simon Armley and was sure he couldn't be our UID. I was also wondering about the gray suit...no shirt or tie mentioned what is weird if you dress neatly....or indeed somebody lost the decorum...

My impression is that he wore quite elegant cloth - grey suit (both jacket and trousers) and also black shoes.

Question is, why was he in Longton?

...I was also wondering about the gray suit...no shirt or tie mentioned what is weird if you dress neatly....or indeed somebody lost the decorum...
e91eaf717dc6cd90786d5de7b2d40533.jpg
Not so weird back in England circa.1977 :D
71WWDX-T9OL._SY606_.jpg

22794064_298869260615787_4434008577216086016_n.jpg

I don't seem to be able to find anything other than the one article, I don't know if Norfolk police would tell me any more info?

You obviously would wore a shirt and a tie....most of the time.
Not necessarily...there's many mundane reasons for him not wearing a tie when found. He may have just removed it?

But late 1970's men wearing suits was a popular fashion trend...:D

54fc5e4fb5935f288e59467dab745ab3.jpg
recommendations-fashion-n-style-apparel-unique-70s-fashion-for-men-how-to-get-the-1970s-style-the-trend-spotter-than-modern-fashion-n-style-apparel-ideas-inspirations.jpg
:eek:
pink-70s-suit.jpg

Not necessarily...there's many mundane reasons for him not wearing a tie when found. He may have just removed it?

But late 1970's men wearing suits was a popular fashion trend...:D

54fc5e4fb5935f288e59467dab745ab3.jpg
recommendations-fashion-n-style-apparel-unique-70s-fashion-for-men-how-to-get-the-1970s-style-the-trend-spotter-than-modern-fashion-n-style-apparel-ideas-inspirations.jpg
:eek:
pink-70s-suit.jpg

Great pics btw. Of course you are right, it's just with what kind of perspective you looking at this case. If this was a fashionable young man, he could have worn a suit for fashionable reasons, without a tie, with a turtle neck for instance. The gray suit just makes me think this was an older person and not sleeping rough. It's hard to explain, I think you get it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back