UK - Rebecca Joynes, teacher, accused of sex offence against 2 pupils

She will get a minimal prison time sentence. They prefer to deal with things like this with strict, very long term licensing requirements. I think the theory is that a prison sentence of say 4 years leaves them free to do as they please after the 4 years but long term SHPO can last forever

In the eyes of those who knew her, Rebecca Joynes was a “nice and quiet” person who lived in a leafy village.

Growing up, Joynes was the eldest of two children who enjoyed gymnastics and dancing.

Joynes was described by her dad, who attended court to support his daughter, as a “perfect child in every way” who from “child to adult was always at the top.”

more at the link...........

Gross.
She might have been a perfect child in his eyes but she's now a grown adult, guilty of being a repeat sexual predator. Daddy needs to work on accepting that. I'm not saying he should stop loving his daughter but I think healthy boundaries are well overdue. I don't think she'll ever accept she's a predator, especially when she's got family enabling her to behave how she does, never accepting responsibility
MOO

This is outrageous, bail!?
Well let's just hope come Monday afternoon that she's not out waiting for the school bell to ring to hunt down the next victim!
I find it absolutely appalling she has been given bail considering what she did the last time. MOO

"Figures uncovered by the i newspaper under Freedom of Information rules
showed 35 teachers were handed prohibition orders by the Teaching Regulation Agency
over sexual misconduct allegations in the year to March 2022,
up from six the previous year.

It marked the highest figure since it began recording the statistics in 2018.

In response,
Stephen Morgan, Labour's shadow schools minister,
called for action
'to tackle this epidemic of unacceptable behaviour'.

The Department for Education responded that it had

'strengthened guidance for schools on how to deal with reports of sexual abuse'."

She was incarcerated for several months before being released on bail due to the 'intractable' problem of her child's impending birth

Adjourning the case, Judge Kate Cornell granted Joynes bail and gave her a last chance to see her baby before she is put behind bars.

It can now be revealed that her barrister unsuccessfully attempted to argue that Joynes could not be guilty of sexual activity while in a position of trust in relation to the second boy as she had by then been suspended as a teacher.

Judge Kate Cornell rejected Michael O'Brien's bid to throw those charges out, pointing out that Joynes was still being paid her salary at the time.

She was incarcerated for several months before being released on bail due to the 'intractable' problem of her child's impending birth

Adjourning the case, Judge Kate Cornell granted Joynes bail and gave her a last chance to see her baby before she is put behind bars.

It can now be revealed that her barrister unsuccessfully attempted to argue that Joynes could not be guilty of sexual activity while in a position of trust in relation to the second boy as she had by then been suspended as a teacher.

Judge Kate Cornell rejected Michael O'Brien's bid to throw those charges out, pointing out that Joynes was still being paid her salary at the time.

I know it was her Barristers job to defend her, but I really couldn't live with myself especially in these cases, arguing she was no longer a teacher so it made it ok to groom and abuse a child :(

Saddest thing in all of this is the little girl who didn’t ask for any of this unwholly mess her mother has created. Poor little mite.
Hope the baby can be somehow protected from sexual predator mother? Childhood SA can start very early and in subtle but nonetheless very destructive ways, with longterm consequences. Other than the baby being given up for mandatory adoption, I don't know how that would or could work. Poor little mite indeed. :(

MOO

In the eyes of those who knew her, Rebecca Joynes was a “nice and quiet” person who lived in a leafy village.

Joynes was described by her dad, who attended court to support his daughter, as a “perfect child in every way” who from “child to adult was always at the top.”
RSBM for focus

"Nice and quiet girl" hides true self in leafy village. "Perfect in every way" except unhealthy interest in much younger boys.

Just days after the damning conviction, a former colleague of Joynes, 30, has revealed how the shocking scandal eroded the relations between pupils and staff as a 'toxic' atmosphere led to an exodus of 'distraught' staff.

'They completely stopped trusting us,' the teacher at the secondary school in Greater Manchester told The Times.

She added that after Joynes was suspended, rumours started to spread that she had been buying alcohol for teenagers whom she had invited to her flat for a party.

As the scandal engulfed the school, eight male pupils jokingly identified themselves as Joynes' victims on an online group. Others made TikTok videos calling her a 'paedo' who 'likes kids' and graffitied the toilet with 'Free Ms Joynes'.

Joynes was described as acting like a 'cool girl' who would stop to chat with female pupils about fashion during breaks and would 'strut' down corridors between classes while they cheered her on.

Looking back, they feared this was 'over-friendly'. In contrast, although Joynes had a good working relationship with her colleagues, she never interacted with them 'on a personal level'.

It was to be expected IMO.
(For those who know school life reality)
Now, the notoriety will stick to the school.
That happens when a line is crossed
and red flags not noticed by superiors.
JMO

I am BIG on boundaries and this is common but so wrong on every level.
I see it a lot with parents and their children being claiming to be “ best friends “
You are not your child’s best friend, first and foremost you are their parent.
End of lecture !

OT
But she looks completely different in each photo I see.
Mugshot/blonde/brunette -
Like 3 different women :oops:

I would never guess it is the same person.
same...when Boy A described her as "obviously good looking" i had to scroll up to those court photos to make sure we were talking about the same person !! of course in hindsight she looks that way to me because i know her behavior is vile.

"The many faces of Rebecca Joynes:

How paedo teacher put on a 'show' during trial

as she joked with 'protector' dad,

clutched onto her baby's bonnet to look like a 'martyr'....

and used her outfits to try and con the jury."

1716627538525.png

"The many faces of Rebecca Joynes:

How paedo teacher put on a 'show' during trial

as she joked with 'protector' dad,

clutched onto her baby's bonnet to look like a 'martyr'....

and used her outfits to try and con the jury."

View attachment 505741

I can't believe I've just read a DM piece that doesn't once give me a property value! :eek:

Interested to learn that touchy-feely dad was also a maths teacher.

Only just stumbled across this case.

Wow, what a double standard world we live in. Society needs to accept that women can be paedophiles and even if 'legal at 16' there's still been a huge abuse of power here.

Don't even get me started on the photo of her dad with his arm around her almost touching her breast :eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aussie Aussie
Back