GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Newbie here. I am another who has been lurking for a while, reading through various posts on this case, which has really got under my skin. I can't say why Becky's tragic story has effected me so deeply but I have to say there seems to be something inherently different about it. I have to say I think the level of insight here is quite inspiring whilst still managing to be respectful.

I apologise if this has already been discussed - I must confess I have not read every single post in the thread - but I just wanted to offer some info (without inferring anything) on SH. From what I can see, her friends on Facebook are all quite adamant that she cannot be fully involved. Many of them are posting things to the effect of 'the truth is much bigger than what you see on the surface' and 'do not judge until you know all the facts'. In my travels on the internet I found an old social media page for SH (Bebo) - it seems that a few years ago she was still in touch with her family 5 years ago, as well as at least knowing NM. Which is possibly completely irrelevant as what 16/17 year old is not living with their parents in most cases - but she seemed to be close to them - especially her sister. Fast-forward to today - SH has very few friends judging by her activity on Facebook, and is estranged from her family and old best friends - I think it has been mentioned that her relationship with her mother is non-existent and she is not friends with any of her family or siblings on Facebook.

In context - for a 21 year old to not have any ties to their family on social media is significant. To me, and I do not want to jump to conclusions or make excuses for the girl - it all seems very reminiscent of a woman in an abusive relationship. Her entire life seems to revolve around NM. One of the main tactics of controlling / abusive men is to isolate their victim from their friends and family - basically anyone who has not been pre-approved or will see too deeply into the relationship. By all accounts SH is a very quiet and introverted girl, which fits. Some have described her as 'odd'. If this was the case, and she is for any reason frightened of NM, it would make perfect sense that she would be inclined to lie for him without question or knowing the full extent of what he had done.

Please do let me know if this level of speculation is not allowed!

Hi all,

Newbie here. I am another who has been lurking for a while, reading through various posts on this case, which has really got under my skin. I can't say why Becky's tragic story has effected me so deeply but I have to say there seems to be something inherently different about it. I have to say I think the level of insight here is quite inspiring whilst still managing to be respectful.

I apologise if this has already been discussed - I must confess I have not read every single post in the thread - but I just wanted to offer some info (without inferring anything) on SH. From what I can see, her friends on Facebook are all quite adamant that she cannot be fully involved. Many of them are posting things to the effect of 'the truth is much bigger than what you see on the surface' and 'do not judge until you know all the facts'. In my travels on the internet I found an old social media page for SH (Bebo) - it seems that a few years ago she was still in touch with her family 5 years ago, as well as at least knowing NM. Which is possibly completely irrelevant as what 16/17 year old is not living with their parents in most cases - but she seemed to be close to them - especially her sister. Fast-forward to today - SH has very few friends judging by her activity on Facebook, and is estranged from her family and old best friends - I think it has been mentioned that her relationship with her mother is non-existent and she is not friends with any of her family or siblings on Facebook.

In context - for a 21 year old to not have any ties to their family on social media is significant. To me, and I do not want to jump to conclusions or make excuses for the girl - it all seems very reminiscent of a woman in an abusive relationship. Her entire life seems to revolve around NM. One of the main tactics of controlling / abusive men is to isolate their victim from their friends and family - basically anyone who has not been pre-approved or will see too deeply into the relationship. By all accounts SH is a very quiet and introverted girl, which fits. Some have described her as 'odd'. If this was the case, it would make perfect sense that she would be inclined to lie for him without question or knowing the full extent of what he had done.

Please do let me know if this level of speculation is not allowed!

Hiya, welcome to the group :welcome4:

There has talk about an abusive relationship aspect but somewhere in the depths of these threads so would take ages to find. It's definitely an angle a few people are looking at. I've only looked at her FB and noticed the constant tagging of NM etc and I have couples on my FB that are the same, I see it more as an insecurity issue than a sign of abuse but I've really not looked too far into it too much.

Hiya, welcome to the group :welcome4:

There has talk about an abusive relationship aspect but somewhere in the depths of these threads so would take ages to find. It's definitely an angle a few people are looking at. I've only looked at her FB and noticed the constant tagging of NM etc and I have couples on my FB that are the same, I see it more as an insecurity issue than a sign of abuse but I've really not looked too far into it too much.

Thank you! :happydance:

I know what you mean - I also have friends that are the same (super irritating!) - but I think it's the lack of interaction with anyone else that is intriguing. She seems to have 2 main friends who like or comment on her posts but other that that she does seem pretty isolated. I will be really interested to know what her exact involvement is. The fact that Nathan is quite a lot older than her is also interesting. I mean, she has possibly been romantically involved with him since she was 16 and he was 24, that's pretty creepy in my opinion :scared: ... it also indicates that he might have a thing for young girls, something which does not bode well for this situation. In any case, when an older guy gets hold of a young girl from such a young and impressionable age, it can make it pretty easy for them to completely indoctrinate them.

The suggested sexual assault they were involved in doesn't necessarily have to have happened at the same time as the murder?
"She was going to tell what we done, I done it for us" therefore you need to help me dispose of her body type scenario. That theory could be applied to a number of things; drugs, stolen goods etc I guess but I still believe the motive was sexual. To get others involved there has to be a vested interest and I don't think drugs or stolen goods is enough to involve them in the disposal of a body. None of them appear to be hardened criminals or big time drug dealers/thiefs who are dealing in values that would lead to killing someone who was a risk to the business. It seems a lot more seedier in my opinion. However, stranger things have happened.
BBM
Still can't see the Sexual Assault thing and I hope for once i'm right on that part! I don't believe BW ever left the house at Crownhill, at least not conciously. Was thinking about Snowdrops comments on the affect personality can have. Family said BW was shy, but we also know from DG that she could be feisty and stubborn. She had been 'bunking' off School at a young age...and could stand up for herself well in certain circumstances. Family photo's don't show any particular animosity so I think the key is to work out 'What it was that got NM to the point of Murder, if not Sexual assault?' MOO

From what I can tell NM & SH and there child were regular visitors to Crownhill house, so what was different that day to make him kill? AG mentioned BW was slightly grumpy,....
What/who could have made her grumpy?
Is it odd that Becky's whereabouts on the Wednesday haven't been released, was she meant to be at home or maybe babysitting for NM/SH and didn't turn up? Is it possible NM was concerned for his Mother's health and tried to lecture BW in some way?
Was SH at the root of it, was he protecting her in some warped way?
What had happened that was bad enough to cause NM to lash out?
Or was this really an accident that went horribly wrong?
Why would 5 other people (include SH here) then help to cover up, and risk Prison & losing their own Families?
I don't see sexual assault, but I also don't see what else it could be. I am edging towards the other '4' being dragged in, unwillingly or as is possible, they came across the body and called Police. I have read much about the friends and support for the '4' but nothing at all in defense of NW. SH had allegedly alienated alot of Family and friends before this crime occurred and I don't see her as being particularly scared of him, though I guess it's possible.
I had hoped that (if accidental) NM may have shown instant regret and remorse when discovered and told the Police everything in the hope of getting forgiveness from AG at least. This doesn't appear to be the case. The point was made that no kind of contact be allowed between SH and NM which makes me wonder how different their version of events is.
It is possible that SH is so blinded by love she is still convinced by whatever he told her or they were hoping to pin it all on the other '4'.
This case has me even more puzzled and left with many more questions than answers and also several legitimate possibilities. I am hoping that with all the evidence the Police have it is just a case of putting it all in order. Great respect for the way they have dealt with it so far, they seem absolutely determined to get solid convictions. MOO FWIW :scared:

From what I can tell NM & SH and there child were regular visitors to Crownhill house, so what was different that day to make him kill? AG mentioned BW was slightly grumpy,....
What/who could have made her grumpy?
Is it odd that Becky's whereabouts on the Wednesday haven't been released, was she meant to be at home or maybe babysitting for NM/SH and didn't turn up? Is it possible NM was concerned for his Mother's health and tried to lecture BW in some way?
Was SH at the root of it, was he protecting her in some warped way?
What had happened that was bad enough to cause NM to lash out?
Or was this really an accident that went horribly wrong?
Why would 5 other people (include SH here) then help to cover up, and risk Prison & losing their own Families?
I don't see sexual assault, but I also don't see what else it could be. I am edging towards the other '4' being dragged in, unwillingly or as is possible, they came across the body and called Police. I have read much about the friends and support for the '4' but nothing at all in defense of NW. SH had allegedly alienated alot of Family and friends before this crime occurred and I don't see her as being particularly scared of him, though I guess it's possible.
I had hoped that (if accidental) NM may have shown instant regret and remorse when discovered and told the Police everything in the hope of getting forgiveness from AG at least. This doesn't appear to be the case. The point was made that no kind of contact be allowed between SH and NM which makes me wonder how different their version of events is.
It is possible that SH is so blinded by love she is still convinced by whatever he told her or they were hoping to pin it all on the other '4'.
This case has me even more puzzled and left with many more questions than answers and also several legitimate possibilities. I am hoping that with all the evidence the Police have it is just a case of putting it all in order. Great respect for the way they have dealt with it so far, they seem absolutely determined to get solid convictions. MOO FWIW :scared:

BIB There wouldn't be any reason to release details of where she was on the Wednesday evening as there doesn't seem to be any doubt that she arrived home on the morning of the 19th. DG posted that she was staying with friends on Wed and that he had spoken to her on Wed evening. Also that AG had let her in on Thurs morning. Her aunt said that she was their babysitter so it's not impossible that she was actually babysitting for NM/SH and that she stayed with them on Wed evening and NM took her home in the morning. That said, NM is reported to have been working on Wed evening and SH is said to have rarely gone out without NM so I don't know how likely that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member