GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me if this is me being thick but - what in the NM interview is *****ing??? He says something along lines of 'view only bonded over *****ing?

Please tell me if this is me being thick but - what in the NM interview is *****ing??? He says something along lines of 'view only bonded over *****ing?

b i t c h i n g

I was about to ask the same thing! I thought wait a minute, what? (I wrongly thought it was a word beginning with F)

The Det Sgt who investigated the shed is giving evidence. Family of Becky are visibly upset. Sobs coming from public gallery.

He told the jury how he was on duty in the Barton Court area of Bristol late at night on March 2 this year.

He stopped a blue Ford Fiesta driven by James Ireland and a passenger called Karl Demetrius.

The officer then went to 9 Barton Court and met Karl’s twin brother Donovan Demetrius who said the house belonged to his twin brother and girlfriend Jaydene Parsons.

The jury heard there were two large dogs in the house.

Det Sgt Dowding then searched the property to make sure no-one else was in the house.

He called in forensics experts and at 1am went out into the back garden where there was a large shed.

Det Sgt Dowding said: “My general impression was the shed was full.

“Just to the right of the door was a blue plastic bag with a rucksack on top of it and a number of suitcases.

“The officer and myself then opened the large case nearest the door and found a number of items inside.

“They appeared to be parcels of cling film with plastic bags.

“The bags had numerous parcels inside.

“I pulled out one of the smaller parcels about the size of a rugby ball to see what the item was.

“I held the torch and the pair of us examined it by feel to try to work out what was inside.”

The jury heard closer examination revealed it was a hand.

He says he found a severed right hand with the fist still clenched inside clingfilm package in Bristol garden shed

Many tears and screams from public gallery.... Judge has had enough for this morning - Adjourned for lunch. Back at 2pm.

Perhaps they took the door off once forensics had finished with it, to allow more space for the forensics team and the photographers to work in the bathroom. It doesnt look as though they moved the stack of rubbish in the bathroom, so I imagine space was at a premium.

Edit to add .................. Just see Jessie's post above - there never was a door

Daily Mirror article 'DC Simon Wallis...said the bathroom door was shut, with a towel rolled up at the bottom....It was cleaner than the rest of the house. The bathroom window was open. The actual bath itself was clear.'
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-murder-trial-shown-6628363

I've said before that I can't imagine that SH and NM are sticking to their original stories. I think this is one of those cases where the evident lack of thought in their initial interviews ( SH's contradition about whether Becky was punished , or got away with things for example ) will end up proving their desire to conceal, and pointing to their guilt on the murder charges
. The text conversation about raping a young girl, coupled with the logical inference you've explained so well as to what the hell they expected to happen afterwards.

NM didn't hesitate to kill her, whatever it was that lead him to do so so early in his plan, he doesn't seem to have dithered over it. Their apparent calm after the fact seems out of line with the idea that that wasn't the plan from the outset.

What will be interesting will be the reasoning given by the defence for not buying the clean-up materials until after.

I was about to ask the same thing! I thought wait a minute, what? (I wrongly thought it was a word beginning with F)

Yeah, me too - then I saw it typed out in full on the FB board

I've said before that I can't imagine that SH and NM are sticking to their original stories. I think this is one of those cases where the evident lack of thought in their initial interviews ( SH's contradition about whether Becky was punished , or got away with things for example ) will end up proving their desire to conceal, and pointing to their guilt on the murder charges
. The text conversation about raping a young girl, coupled with the logical inference you've explained so well as to what the hell they expected to happen afterwards.

NM didn't hesitate to kill her, whatever it was that lead him to do so so early in his plan, he doesn't seem to have dithered over it. Their apparent calm after the fact seems out of line with the idea that that wasn't the plan from the outset.

What will be interesting will be the reasoning given by the defence for not buying the clean-up materials until after.

BBM - I don't expect that they had considered dismemberment as part of whatever plan they had.

Sorry, could you clarify the bit in bold above? Has a text conversation been released? I must have missed that.

Daily Mirror article 'DC Simon Wallis...said the bathroom door was shut, with a towel rolled up at the bottom....It was cleaner than the rest of the house. The bathroom window was open. The actual bath itself was clear.'
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-murder-trial-shown-6628363

Oh interesting. Two conflicting reports. So I will go back to my initial thought, they took the door off to allow more space for forensics and photographers.
also they could have taken the door away ( same as in Joanna Yeates case ) for more detailed examination.

Sorry for the silly question.

When the jury has to leave for legal arguments, what exactly does this mean? What are legal arguments and why can't the jury hear them?

No the text hasn't been realised as far as I know.

Thank you. Do you have a link to an article where reference to this conversation was released to the press? This is the first I've heard about it.

Sorry for the silly question.

When the jury has to leave for legal arguments, what exactly does this mean? What are legal arguments and why can't the jury hear them?

I think ( tho am not 100% ) that Prosecution and Defence are arguing about various parts of evidence - Defence perhaps trying to have some evidence ruled as inadmissible.
So if the Jury stayed and heard all this, then they would remember the piece of evidence, even if the Defence was successful in getting it ruled out.
So easier to not have them hear it in the first place.

It sounds as though KD and JI had come out of work together again on March 2nd. I wonder why?

It sounds to me as though NM told police where Becky's body was at just about the same time as KD and JI were heading back to Barton Court, I wonder if they were hoping to move the packages themselves before the police turned up?

Were they worried because they'd heard NM had been arrested, or did DD or JP contact KD and say the police had arrived? I can't work out how that all happened.

Sorry, could you clarify the bit in bold above? Has a text conversation been released? I must have missed that.

Not sure if this is exactly the conversation info, but it shows the info about the video on the phone

Mr Mousley said: "Texts and Facebook traffic between them in November and December 2014 was found on one of the phones which revealed a shared interest in teenage, and perhaps sometimes younger, girls and of kidnapping one of them.

"Both phones contained bookmarks for internet sites concerning teenage girls and petite females.

"There were also videos of something sometimes described as three-way sex."

He added on one phone was a video which shows the rape of a teenager, during which the attacker puts his hand over the victim's mouth.

Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Becky-...tory-27941905-detail/story.html#ixzz3oXvMgXBL
Follow us: @BristolPost on Twitter | bristolpost on Facebook

It sounds as though KD and JI had come out of work together again on March 2nd. I wonder why?

It sounds to me as though NM told police where Becky's body was at just about the same time as KD and JI were heading back to Barton Court, I wonder if they were hoping to move the packages themselves before the police turned up?

Were they worried because they'd heard NM had been arrested, or did DD or JP contact KD and say the police had arrived? I can't work out how that all happened.

Yes I misread that item at first and thought it was the previous Monday.

Either someone called them back to the house ( did JP or DD know the police were coming round ? seems unlikely but still ) or it might have been the first opportunity that KD and JI were in work together and able to slip away to do the moving of packages.

Im being thick too mrazda71 I want to know:gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member