UK - Remains of Sarah Mayhew discovered in Rowdown Fields in New Addington, Croydon, 2 April 2024

JennieM

Reaction score

Police identify human remains found in Croydon park as Sarah Mayhew​

[…]

The remains of Sarah Mayhew were discovered in Rowdown Fields in New Addington, Croydon, on the morning of 2 April.

The Metropolitan police said the family of Mayhew, who was from Croydon, had been informed of her death and were being supported by specially trained family liaison officers.

A 44-year-old man and a 48-year-old woman who were arrested on Saturday on suspicion of murder remained in custody pending further enquiries, the force added.

[…] The two people in custody were known to Sarah and at present we are not looking for anyone else in connection with her death.”

Ch Supt Andy Brittain, the lead for policing in Croydon, said: […] “Your local policing teams will continue to be visible and available to discuss your concerns, and answer any questions you may have as best we can. We repeat our thanks for the support and patience of the public, which has allowed officers to carry out important enquiries at the scene.”

Last week the Met said it had consulted a forensic anthropologist who confirmed that the remains came from one victim. The force said at the time it was not searching any other sites.

Sarah Mayhew

A photo issued by the Metropolitan police of Sarah Mayhew.
Photograph: Metropolitan Police/PA

1712609673913.jpeg
Police near the scene in Rowdown Fields, a park in Croydon, south London where human remains were found

1712609523691.jpeg
Her remains were found on Rowdown Fields in Croydon on April 2 at around 9am

Woman, 48, and man, 44, are charged with murder of Sarah Mayhew, 38, whose remains were found in a Croydon park - as male suspect is also accused of making indecent images of a child​

I was wondering wether it could be this Steve who has been charged with murder, although the areas don’t match the age does. Also possible to me he went to live in another area when released.

I was wondering wether it could be this Steve who has been charged with murder, although the areas don’t match the age does. Also possible to me he went to live in another area when released.
Wonder if this is also same Steve? Age & area seem to match BBC News | UK | Youth remanded in custody over cab murder

I believe these are their Fb profiles:

''Police are continuing to hunt for the remains of a woman whose body was allegedly cut up with power tools and dumped in a south London park, a court has heard.''

''Watts, of Featherbed Lane in New Addington, appeared via videolink from HMP Bronzefield for a preliminary hearing in front of Judge Philip Katz KC.

The court heard it is alleged both she and Sansom were present at the time of the murder.

She was remanded into custody until a plea hearing on June 27. A provisional four-week trial has been set for February 17 next year.

Sansom, of Burnell Road, Sutton, south-west London, is due to appear at the same court on Thursday afternoon.''

Wonder where the black eye came from assuming a fellow inmate?

Has it been hinted at how/if sarah knew the accused?

Wonder where the black eye came from assuming a fellow inmate?

Has it been hinted at how/if sarah knew the accused?
I have not seen any info on the connection. From her FB it seems like Sarah was sadly struggling with addiction, so possibly because of that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fe!ng!rl
Back