Found Deceased UK - Richard Okorogheye, 19, Oxford Student, Ladbroke Grove, West London, 24 Mar 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem I have with the dogging gone wrong theory is he lives in Central London and doesn't own a vehicle it appears. Far closer spots he could go to which wouldn't cost him £50 to travel to. Him turning his phone off also makes no sense in that context - It's sex - Not Serious Organised Crime. It'd make far more sense for him to answer his mums call and give some rubbish excuse than to ignore her call and then turn his phone off which is going to arouse even more questioning.

It's the same with drugs, no one who lives in Central London is getting Ubers to Loughton for a bit of weed. The fact he's vulnerable and been shielding him makes it unlikely he's become some sudden drug dealer - How would he have met them?

Not sure where the dogging theory is coming from but if it turns out the body is RO and suicide is confirmed/strongly suspected then for me it is just doubly sad that it seems to me he went to great lengths to conceal he was going to do this and it is likely nobody will get any answers, least of all his poor family.

Or it might also just be not giving a casual hookup your home address. Seems to me if the choice was between meeting in the open or inviting over to the family home, I'd know which one I'd choose - no chance of a family member coming across a visitor, either.

If his home was in an apartment block with cctv, that may put him off having more casual visitors. I am also wondering if he had IT equipment or business info that would make him more selective about who he invites in.

Yes, it is. That and the fact he lives with his mother might be enough to deter him from having people over. Young adults can be funny about that even when there isn’t anything in particular they’re trying to hide though.

Sometimes there’s nothing to hide at all, they just don’t want family asking questions or getting involved in their personal relationships.

I’m not sold on any dogging connection. Always struck me as a hobby and community mostly populated by at least 30+ if not older. Not that I’ll pretend to know an awful lot about it. I could be very wrong.

After the Sarah Everard case I spent many a sleepless night contemplating the horror in how the average person passing you in the street might have thoughts and intentions darker than you can ever imagine. My friends in their early twenties have already had sexual experiences where their hook-up has set out with intentions on that particular night that they cannot be dissuaded from, doesn’t matter to them whether or not the other person is consenting. The idea that people with these fantasies can be and often are ordinary people, police officers even show how close to home these people can be and how dangerously common these fantasies have become (perhaps due to the internet providing access to extreme *advertiser censored*? Lockdown causing some kind of sexual repression? Who knows?)

Last edited:
Or it might also just be not giving a casual hookup your home address. Seems to me if the choice was between meeting in the open or inviting over to the family home, I'd know which one I'd choose - no chance of a family member coming across a visitor, either.
I'm not seeing this myself. Cold temperatures cause pain for sickle cell sufferers. I just dont see any young lad travelling all that way for a "hook up" after midnight in a cold dark forest in March let alone RO with his health concerns.

JMO

Definitely. Flings or meetups, definitely common - dogging, not so much.
I am 21 and know a handful of people in their early twenties (that are open about the fact they go dogging). Though it’s not called this, it is often arranged via Tinder/Grindr etc these days. Some have gotten themselves into very risky situations that initially seemed like innocent fun. Meet ups are rarely in the cold dark forest but rather a car parked in such a location. Richard in all likelihood may not have headed to this place with any intention of such activities but that doesn’t mean somebody in a passing/parked car that spotted him didn’t set out on heading to a place with such intentions

If he’s withdrawn and isn’t doing much interpersonal stuff for real but seems to be spending a lot of time developing online relationships I’d be more worried about the impact of distressed young people hunting down other distressed young people and hearing little outside that sort of virtual bubble, as often tends to happen these days. It can be a source of support for sure but it’s also not great for young people with poor mental health to get their entire perspective on life from other people with poor mental health.

After the Sarah Everard case I spent many a sleepless night contemplating the horror in how the average person passing you in the street might have thought intentions darker than you can ever imagine. The idea that people with these fantasies can be and often are ordinary people, police officers even show how close to home these people can be and how dangerously common these fantasies have become (perhaps due to the internet providing access to extreme *advertiser censored*? Lockdown causing some kind of sexual repression? Who knows?)
But RO intentionally went to the forest, he clearly had a purpose.

Are you thinking some random person happened to be there too and caused him harm?

I'll happily go further into this if the PM comes back as suspicious or inconclusive. I just think when you apply Occam's Razor - His mum stated very early on in the investigation that he'd been struggling recently, he's ignored his mum's phonecall and then come off the network, he's not travelled there in an economic way, he's gone to a location a fair bit from his home and that he's unfamilar with apparently without his wallet all points to a lack of concern about what happens after. No need to explain what went on last night if you don't plan to be around in the morning, no need to worry about the cost of the trip because he won't need the money anyway, no need for his wallet because there is no chance he's going to want a snack on his way back into central.

Bottom line is that we don't know why he went there.

His parents have publicly stated their belief that he was groomed. But they have also stated a number of factors which could be taken to suggest he was depressed. They are unaware of any connection to Epping Forest

I've not come across anything about friends, romantic interests, hobbies and activities (other than online gaming). Has anyone else seen anything (TOS suitable) that tells more of what he was like, and what he was in to?

I'll happily go further into this if the PM comes back as suspicious or inconclusive. I just think when you apply Occam's Razor - His mum stated very early on in the investigation that he'd been struggling recently, he's ignored his mum's phonecall and then come off the network, he's not travelled there in an economic way, he's gone to a location a fair bit from his home and that he's unfamilar with apparently without his wallet all points to a lack of concern about what happens after. No need to explain what went on last night if you don't plan to be around in the morning, no need to worry about the cost of the trip because he won't need the money anyway, no need for his wallet because there is no chance he's going to want a snack on his way back into central.
I agree with you. Adding, no jacket because his self care wasnt there and he wouldnt be needing it.

I'm not seeing this myself. Cold temperatures cause pain for sickle cell sufferers. I just dont see any young lad travelling all that way for a "hook up" after midnight in a cold dark forest in March let alone RO with his health concerns.

JMO

To be honest I'm with you here. I don't think he was going out looking for a casual meeting - these are just my thoughts on the hypothesis.

JMO, either a note is missing from a terribly sad suicide scenario, or something has gone amiss when RO tried to attend a previously organised meetup.

I've not come across anything about friends, romantic interests, hobbies and activities (other than online gaming). Has anyone else seen anything (TOS suitable) that tells more of what he was like, and what he was in to?

The only extra information about him personally has been on SM from people who apparently know him. MSM has been very limited on anything but very basic facts.

To be honest I'm with you here. I don't think he was going out looking for a casual meeting - these are just my thoughts on the hypothesis.

JMO, either a note is missing from a terribly sad suicide scenario, or something has gone amiss when RO tried to attend a previously organised meetup.

I don't think he was going for hookups either.

On the suicide note point, only a minority of people who commit suicide leave a note.

I don't think he was going for hookups either.

On the suicide note point, only a minority of people who commit suicide leave a note.

Sorry, I should have specified that maybe it wasn't a conventional one - is it possible he closed up accounts, post queues, or finished online business? I feel he may have left a digital footprint with tying up loose ends if this is the case.

Infinit, your post makes perfect sense to me. The whole scenario (at least based on the info we have so far) could be interpreted as Richard not having to bother to explain or justify his apparently inscrutable decisions/plans for that evening if, very sadly, he knew he wouldn’t be around to have to do so.

If he did go there to meet up with someone you'd assume he'd get dropped off at the edge closest to the point to save him walking. The only real place is Earl's Path Car Park, which should be covered by The Robin Hood Thai cameras and the cameras on the roads around Smarts Ln. I think it would be feasible for the Police to find cars that have not come straight through in an expected period of time.

If something did occur at Earl's Path Cark Park you've got a hell of a job carrying him to the pond unless you used a vehicle - Again - Should be picked up on CCTV.

If the plan was to meet at Wake Valley Car Park the logical thing would be for him to get dropped off at The Woodbine Inn which gives him a shorter walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500