GUILTY UK - Rikki Neave, 6, murdered, Peterborough, 28 Nov 1994 *Arrest*

Ugh Ruth needs to consider that people testified in court to what she did to the children. I can promise there are many more witnesses who were not even called to testify. Added to that her eldest child at least would be old enough to testify as to why she was put in a childrens home.

As for saying things about Trevor I guess thats easy when someone is dead but...his eldest daughter ended up living with him which is weird when you consider her words.

James Watson was aged 13 when he lured six-year-old Rikki to woods near his home in Peterborough on November 28 1994.

He throttled the boy from behind with a ligature or anorak collar, to fulfil a “morbid fantasy” he had told his mother about three days before.

He stripped Rikki and posed his naked body in a star shape for sexual gratification, deliberately “exhibiting” him near a children’s woodland den.

On Friday, Watson will return to the Old Bailey where Mrs Justice McGowan will sentence him to life and set a minimum term before he can be considered for release.

Child-killer James Watson, 41, has been jailed for life with a minimum term of 15 years at the Old Bailey for murdering six-year-old schoolboy Rikki Neave in 1994.

I understand the sentencing restrictions, but 15 years is nothing. Especially considering the years of freedom he's had ...

I actually dont think it is a bad sentence....When you consider that James Bulgers killers were arrested in 1993 and let out 200l...just 8 years later....I think 15 years isnt that light. I didnt realise til just now just how little time they served til just now

At this point I just hope that Becky Rochelle and Sheradyn can move on with their lives knowing they have received justice for Rikki and forgetting their horrible start in life. I also hope...that any claims of trying to challenge the abuse claims are dropped so the girls can now have some sort of closure in all this.

Rikki's sister Rebecca Maria Harvey broke down as she told how losing her younger brother was "like losing the other half of me".

She said: "I still wake up every day thinking it was a nightmare. I never had a brother to grow up with.

"Rikki is the one who is not here and lost his life, but the effect this had on me and my family is just never-ending.

"This has been so traumatic, not knowing what happened to him or why. Not only did I lose Rikki, but I lost my whole family."

Sentencing remarks attached, from here:

I found this paragraph interesting in who it didnt mention...to be honest I think the Judges comments were pretty fair

6. However he never had the chance to grow up to be happy and to lead a normal and fulfilling life. That opportunity was denied to him by his murderer. Equally, the chance for his sisters to grow up knowing him and having a bond with him has been taken away. I have heard evidence from the family today, the loss they have suffered will stay with them forever and no sentence that I can pass will ever ease their suffering.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back