UK UK - Rodrigo Falcon, 33,’last seen 2am at vault nightclub’ Aviemore, Scotland, 11 December 2022

A renewed appeal has been made to help trace Rodrigo Falcon one month on from when he was most recently seen in Aviemore.

The 33-year-old was reported missing on Sunday, 11 December, 2022. Extensive searches and police enquiries have been carried out in Aviemore and the surrounding area, sadly so far without success.

Rodrigo had been in The Vault nightclub on the night he was last seen.

The most recent confirmed sighting of him was on CCTV walking on Grampian Road towards the southern end of Aviemore around 3.10am on Sunday, 11 December, 2022.

Inspector Craig Johnstone, of Aviemore Police Station, said : “It is now one month since Rodrigo was reported missing and despite significant efforts by police and the local community he has not yet been found.

“It is clear from the response by the community how much concern they have for him and I want to take the opportunity to thank them for their assistance.

“We continue to work to locate Rodrigo and I would urge anyone who believes they may have information which has not yet been passed to us to get in touch, no matter how small you feel the details you have are.

“If you can help then please come forward by calling 101, using reference 2387 of 11 December.”

Rodrigo is described as being 5ft 6in tall, of slim build, with dark hair cut in a mullet style with a moustache and beard.

When last seen he was wearing a red jumper and baggy jeans with no coat.

Registered just to make a comment. I wish there was more attention on Rodrigo's case.

We go up to Aviemore every year and always frequent Pine Marten Bar & Scran pub where Rodrigo works. A great little place, and they're a lovely group that run it. <modsnip - no link>

Could a motorist have picked him up from the side of the road that night? Maybe trying to assist him as he wasn't wearing his coat, or maybe Rodrigo flagged someone down, and something happened from there?

Where are you, Rodrigo? Heartbreaking for the whole community.

Last edited by a moderator:

New article from 5 days ago.

Rodrigo has been missing for two months and still no breakthrough.

Why was Rodrigo walking on Grampian Road towards the southern end of Aviemore around 3.10am, despite him living in Dalfaber in the opposite direction? Was he going to meet someone? Did he have a destination in mind? JMO/speculation.

CCTV image of his last sighting below.
He appears to be walking with purpose to me. Although must have been very cold not wearing his coat. Why did he leave his coat and phone at the nightclub?

JMO, just trying to keep the case alive. Would be good to have input from others.
1676546182739.jpeg

A new article.

Private Investigators have started working on the case. Hopefully this can help bring a breakthrough.

“ “They are starting from scratch going through the events of the night and appealing for information.

“The main point of the appeal is to see if there is any new information we can get.”

Rod was in good spirits that night. It was initially believed he went to a party.

He left the club without his jacket and was seen on CCTV walking on Grampian Road in the opposite direction of home.

Rod was wearing a red jumper and jeans, heading south past the Premier Inn, and possibly walking onto the A9.

The last confirmed sighting of Rod was at 3.15am at the Premier Inn.

No trace of him has been seen since.

Scott said: “As far as we are aware there has not been any sign of his phone at all.

His phone was a bit damaged and it was always needing charged. He would charge his phone at work, or wherever he was.

“The general consensus is that his phone ran out of battery when he was out.

“The private investigators will do credit checks around the UK to see if his card has been used.”

“Maybe someone saw him walking on the A9 and gave him a lift? We are hoping that anyone with any tiny piece of information will come forward.

“He has literally vanished. We are trying our hardest to find him. Any information could help. If anyone spoke to him outside The Vault, please get in touch.””

Edited by me for length.

An update from 6th March. Pine Marten Bar is the bar where Rodrigo works. The manager is also his flatmate and coordinating the search for him.
The Pine Marten Bar + Scran

"Hey Team, Wee Rod update.
https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/beneaththesurface...
This past weekend some amazing people from Beneath The Surface took a 6 hour drive on Friday evening to search some unsearched waterways around the Aviemore area and river down to Boat of Garten. No sign of Rod which is a relief as it does give us hope that he is still out there somewhere.
These guys truly are amazing, they are a non profit organisation and some of the kindest people I have ever met. They help people free of charge and on there own time (weekends after already working 5 days a week). They continue to help people across the UK and are just an amazing organisation. So if you have any spare moneys you’d like to donate to keep these amazing people going please do! They did a fantastic job when they were here and we cannot thank them enough for all the work they have done!
Cheers Team
"

Part of me thinks it's great if he has not been located in the nearby waterways. But also this part of Scotland is so vast and wild. If he had ended up in a waterway that night in December, I suppose a river could have taken him further away and he may never be found.

But why? Why would Rodrigo just walk away from the nightclub, his night out with friends, no jacket, and walk along the road and simply disappear?

IMO there only seems two options:

1. He walked away intentionally, to the nearest body of water, and got swept away. Even if Rodrigo was depressed (and there's no suggestion that he was), I don't think this would be the logical sequence of events that anyone would take. The middle of a night out, I'm going to walk miles through the freezing cold and dark to the nearest loch.

2. He flagged down a car on the A9 and has hitchhiked his way to a new life. But again, why? He leaves behind some very caring friends and by all impressions seemed to have a carefree, fun life in a beautiful part of the world.

This case will always bother me.

You're right, it is. But he didn't have his phone with him and I guess probably no torch either. There's no street lights around the area he was last seen so I can't imagine how he could have got that far away on foot even if he was trying to.
Completely agree with this. I don’t believe he wandered off into the wildnesses/towards water personally.

But there is a quote (source a couple of posts up) that he had his phone with him, but it was commonly on dead battery:

“Scott said: “As far as we are aware there has not been any sign of his phone at all.

His phone was a bit damaged and it was always needing charged. He would charge his phone at work, or wherever he was.

“The general consensus is that his phone ran out of battery when he was out.”

I hope they find him one way or another soon - the unknown I feel is even harder to live with.

This isn’t a case I was familiar with but I’ve read the whole thread and read a few articles which I found online.

From what I read I didn’t see whether this would be the correct way for him to be heading if he was going home - does anyone know if this would be the correct way for him to be heading?

Also the CCTV is just over an hour apart in time yet he’s only travelled 0.6 miles that’s very slow walking - MOO is that this suggests that he stopped somewhere possibly contemplating things. I know I’d certainly be walking quicker than that in December in Scotland.

It’s a sad case as from what I read he seems a lovely popular man

A new appeal has been made to help trace Rodrigo Falcon, one year on from when he was last seen in Aviemore.

Rodrigo, now 34, was reported missing on Sunday, 11 December, 2022.

He had been at The Vault Nightclub and the most recent confirmed sighting of him was on CCTV walking on Grampian Road towards the southern end of Aviemore around 3.10am.

Extensive police enquiries and searches of the area were carried out but Rodrigo has not been traced.

Inspector Craig Johnstone, of Aviemore Police Station, said: “It has now been one year since Rodrigo Falcon was seen by his family and friends.

“We know from the response by the community in the village and surrounding area how much concern they have for him and I know that Rodrigo has never been far from the thoughts of many over the past 12 months.

“Officers carried out extensive searches to locate Rodrigo, including door-to-door enquiries, liaising with other agencies and reviewing CCTV footage.

“We continue to ask people with any possible sightings or new information as to Rodrigo’s whereabouts to get in touch with us.

“If you can help then please come forward by calling 101, using reference 2387 of 11 December, 2022.”

Rodrigo is described as being 5ft 6in tall, of slim build, with dark hair cut in a mullet style with a moustache and beard.

When last seen he was wearing a red jumper and baggy jeans with no coat.

Screenshot_20231211-130450_Facebook-01.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey
Back