UK UK - Ruth Wilson, 16, Dorking, 27 Nov 1995

I’m of the concerned that Ruth passed away that night or the next day.she had a bank card on her and never used it and as far as we no never contacted her sister or any of her friends again
So sad

I’m of the concerned that Ruth passed away that night or the next day.she had a bank card on her and never used it and as far as we no never contacted her sister or any of her friends again
So sad
I think it was easy to start up a new bank account though back then, wasn't it?

Dose anyone no if the bottle,notes and tablets are real ? If they are why don’t the police take DNA form them,as that would give them a definite answer as to if Ruth left them there

Good point. JMO.

Edited to add, I've just read this. What Happened To Ruth Wilson?—She's Been Missing For 25 Years | Mrs H | NewsBreak Original

and I was struck by this part "The following day, Ruth attended church as usual and stayed behind for a handbell practice. After she headed for a youth group in Dorking, which she was actively involved in. ln wrapping up her day, she passed by her ex-boyfriend's house for dinner, and nothing seemed off at all." Did she arrange to be picked up at the layby by Box Hill at either handbell pratice, or the youth group? Also im confused about dinner at ex boyfriends house. I thought she went to an indian restaurant? JMO MOO

Last edited:
Sometimes the simplest things are overlooked. Is it possible for Police to ask to check the Deed Poll and see if she applied to change her name? Then she could open a new bank account etc. JMO. MOO. Edited to add you have to be age 18 to do this. So would have had to wait 2 years or 1.5 years depending how long until she was 18. Also is it traceable her NI (national insurance) number? You need that to work and to get medical help. Has this been checked? It could be used under a new name if name officially changed.

Last edited:
Good point. JMO.

Edited to add, I've just read this. What Happened To Ruth Wilson?—She's Been Missing For 25 Years | Mrs H | NewsBreak Original

and I was struck by this part "The following day, Ruth attended church as usual and stayed behind for a handbell practice. After she headed for a youth group in Dorking, which she was actively involved in. ln wrapping up her day, she passed by her ex-boyfriend's house for dinner, and nothing seemed off at all." Did she arrange to be picked up at the layby by Box Hill at either handbell pratice, or the youth group? Also im confused about dinner at ex boyfriends house. I thought she went to an indian restaurant? JMO MOO
Good points,100 percent she arrange to meet someone
She was out for a curry the night before

I cannot rule out Bellfield but the odds seem stacked against a girl planning her disappearance and then having the bad luck to bump into Bellfield on a back road mainly used by locals. If we did not have the evidence of her planning I would be more inclined to look at known offenders including Bellfield.
Bellfield had a dislike for blondes not brunette’s and he’s attacks dint start till well after 1995.all though is a possibility I think the chances are slim.I would more lean towards the child rapist that lived in dorking and was active at the same time of Ruth’s disappearance.I can’t remember his name but I think someone on here has posted about it before.

I have not looked at a map to see the pub and the road she was last seen on until now. I was lead to believe the road she disappeared on had no housing, just a rural pub on a rural road. Shocked to see houses on the road sides and a very large residential 'mobile home' park behind them. Has the mobile home park been there all along? Also shocked to see how close Betchworth is and her school Ashcombe School. Also Reigate road where a witness who knew her saw her with a blue suitcase that day or the day after. If Ruth went to Box Hill regularly after school then its is my own opinion that she went there to meet someone local. It's my belief she either was hidden or helped to a new location by someone local or that someone was up to no good. JMO MOO.

Edited to add: In the very beginnings of this thread on post #2 this was mentioned: "
Sergeant Shane Craven, who heads the East Surrey Missing Persons Team, said:
“In the week following Ruth’s disappearance there were some fairly reliable sightings of her in the Dorking area by people who knew her well. " (quote from post #2 in this thread). If that is so then its clear to me she was staying somewhere in that time. JMO MOO

Last edited:
Does anyone know exactly which bridlepath entrance RW was dropped off at by taxi?
They said it was the one directly opposite the pub car park,I find this hard to believe as it is not a lay-by more of a bridle path entrance and it would of been easier to drop her off in the pub car park.there is a bridle path about 150 meters pass the pub(on the same side as the pub) that I’ve parked in before.I was there last November at 4.30pm it was rainy and more or less pitch black,as I drove off I could not see the tree that was 5 metres behind me let alone a person as the cab driver has testified.

They said it was the one directly opposite the pub car park,I find this hard to believe as it is not a lay-by more of a bridle path entrance and it would of been easier to drop her off in the pub car park.there is a bridle path about 150 meters pass the pub(on the same side as the pub) that I’ve parked in before.I was there last November at 4.30pm it was rainy and more or less pitch black,as I drove off I could not see the tree that was 5 metres behind me let alone a person as the cab driver has testified.

Its reported early on by Police (see post #2 in this thread) that it was a bridle path. However information was also given that it was a desolate spot with only a nearby pub, but that isn't true, there are houses lining the road and a large mobile home park behind them and other houses. The houses that line the road look much older than 1995.

Regarding BBM that is really interesting. Only thing I can think of is were there cars approaching (from rear of taxi) and highlighting her?

Edited to add: JMO MOO

Its reported early on by Police (see post #2 in this thread) that it was a bridle path. However information was also given that it was a desolate spot with only a nearby pub, but that isn't true, there are houses lining the road and a large mobile home park behind them and other houses. The houses that line the road look much older than 1995.

Regarding BBM that is really interesting. Only thing I can think of is were there cars approaching (from rear of taxi) and highlighting her?

Edited to add: JMO MOO

Yes there are lots of houses farms etc that have been there well before 1995,I think the caravan park opened in the seventies ? Good point about another cars lights but back then I don’t think it was a very popular road and if there was a car behind the taxi why dint the person come forward and say they had seen RW ?

Yes there are lots of houses farms etc that have been there well before 1995,I think the caravan park opened in the seventies ? Good point about another cars lights but back then I don’t think it was a very popular road and if there was a car behind the taxi why dint the person come forward and say they had seen RW ?

It wasn't a well publicised case when it happened.

The producer of the RW missing program martin bright has said when he talk to a few police officers that were involved in the initial search there were just four of them,two dog handlers and two normally policemen the bigger search team did not come till days afterward.hence why I think dorking police did not want to take part in the program,they no they made errors and I don’t believe they followed up witnesses probably.As to the case not having much coverage I blame the parents for not pushing the police anoth. It’s a very strange case and there are persons or person that no’s what happened and they could take it to there graves.very sad

The producer of the RW missing program martin bright has said when he talk to a few police officers that were involved in the initial search there were just four of them,two dog handlers and two normally policemen the bigger search team did not come till days afterward.hence why I think dorking police did not want to take part in the program,they no they made errors and I don’t believe they followed up witnesses probably.As to the case not having much coverage I blame the parents for not pushing the police anoth. It’s a very strange case and there are persons or person that no’s what happened and they could take it to there graves.very sad
Regarding the Martin Bright documentary he mentioned something saying Ruth was studying in the library the day she went missing. I would like to know if this is from witness informatino or they just assumed she was studying. Or does Studying just mean looking at books and not doing work? All very vague. JMO

Regarding the Martin Bright documentary he mentioned something saying Ruth was studying in the library the day she went missing. I would like to know if this is from witness informatino or they just assumed she was studying. Or does Studying just mean looking at books and not doing work? All very vague. JMO
There must witnesses that have seen RW in the library,but the only ones to no that for sure are Surrey police,and they don’t seem very accommodating with letting the public have any information.I thought it was a joke when they put out a statement about there’s 5 different theories as to what happened to RW ? Me,you or joe public could have come up with that and what the police said was just pure speculation.as said in previous posted they messed up with this one and should just put there hands up and apologize.in my opinion is practically impossible that RW dint tell her ex boyfriend what she was up to,he no’s and wether he swore he would never tell anyone or something more sinister was going on only he could answer that question.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back