UK - Sabina Nessa, 28, found murdered in park, SE London, 18 Sep 2021 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised it took a week to track him down, as they seem to have his movements on CCTV and know his number plate etc. Feels similar to Wayne Couzens to me. Probably works in London and felt safer committing offences there as it's not so close to home. Wonder if there are any reports of other crimes in the area leading up to this.

Check our SN’s YouTube channel, it’s easily found if you haven’t already. She was advertising and letting out rooms a year or two ago by video. In London though if I remember correctly.
Thanks for heads up! I didn’t realise she had a YT channel.

https://youtube.com/channel/UC50bCsgEay_9hM5YSzC662A
Is the one in the back of this photo the same make as the compounded one just to get an idea of what too look for.
2002 Nissan Almera 1.8 - MOT 29th March 2022

I think it’s the model with more of the bubble shape across windows and roof. I’m not great with cars but I’ll see if I can find one that looks similar.

These are the pics of the car in the Daily Mail articles

Attachments

• ADD7618C-165D-44C1-BC9C-2027B94DA133.jpeg
    ADD7618C-165D-44C1-BC9C-2027B94DA133.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 40
  • E9EFDD11-17A6-46FB-A75C-D90D82F26409.jpeg
    E9EFDD11-17A6-46FB-A75C-D90D82F26409.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 32
I'm a little confused. The Daily Mail article suggests that Sabina was hit over the head close to her apartment and left in the park. The article suggests the CCTV footage of the suspect now under arrest was filmed in Pegler Square. So if he is the perp he has to have been in both places - Pegler Square near the location of her date at the Depot and near her door - to do so he would have had to have known her date plans? Otherwise its a massive coincidence, is it not? Forgive me if I've mis-read or mis-represented the article or published info.

JMO

I'm a little confused. The Daily Mail article suggests that Sabina was hit over the head close to her apartment and left in the park. The article suggests the CCTV footage of the suspect now under arrest was filmed in Pegler Square. So if he is the perp he has to have been in both places - Pegler Square near the location of her date at the Depot and near her door - to do so he would have had to have known her date plans? Otherwise its a massive coincidence, is it not? Forgive me if I've mis-read or mis-represented the article or published info.

JMO

That footage is likely after the attack, hence his suspicious behaviour, so he's making his exit there. He attacked and went through the park and eventually headed up to Pegler Square and on from there to who knows where and possibly his vehicle.

That footage is likely after the attack, hence his suspicious behaviour, so he's making his exit there. He attacked and went through the park and eventually headed up to Pegler Square and on from there to who knows where and possibly his vehicle.

Ah yes that makes sense. I'm tired. I guess it depends too where his vehicle was spotted - in the square or near her apartment?

Ah yes that makes sense. I'm tired. I guess it depends too where his vehicle was spotted - in the square or near her apartment?

There's a lot that really doesn't make sense. But it seems he attacked her near her home/entrance to the park and then carried her 200 yards probably unconscious, which takes some doing especially as there is a busy road in the distance to his left and the park seems quite open and there could have been dog walkers etc around to see him. I'd imagine he would've stayed close to the river for cover and it would have been dark though so very possible he wouldn't have been seen at all unless someone got up close. Then he headed towards the community centre possibly for cover so he could continue his attack and then attempted to conceal the body and proceeded to head north out of the park and ending up in Pegler Square.

Seems inconceivable but I suppose a random sexual predator is prone to high risk behaviours. I'm assuming he had a car parked somewhere but the direction he's walking on the CCTV takes him out on to the main road.

Met police statement said the footage was from before she was murdered.

Detectives continue to appeal to identify man in Sabina Nessa murder investigation

“Urgent enquiries continue to identify a man seen on CCTV footage in Pegler Square, SE3 shortly before Sabina’s murder. These images were released as part of media appeals on Thursday, 23 September and Friday, 24 September.”

Apologies, thought that may have been misreported as only one site seemed to say it was prior to the attack, didn't realise it was on the met site also. Definitely dark in that footage though so can't have been too long before and he seems to be acting way too suspiciously for someone who hasn't even done anything wrong yet.

I don’t understand some of the police statements and requests for information in this case. It’s a minor point I mentioned before, but I see they’re now saying the object the CCTV guy is holding is red. It’s always looked distinctly red to me and not orange, so I don’t really get why they put “orange” out there, maybe someone who can’t distinguish colours drafted that appeal (or maybe I am the one with colour blindness!), or they thought the CCTV wasn’t showing colours properly?! It’s very odd.

It makes me wonder about some of the other information we have been given like whether that CCTV is really from before the murder or not.

I continue to hope there will be a murder charge shortly.

You cam park in Pegler Square...I think, at the end. Could he have done that and then walked down to where Sabina lived. That makes it seem like he targeted her rather than a random attack.

I am confused why police were following the arrested man for hours before arresting him as opposed to just arresting him on sight immediately, they already had the body so no need to follow him in the hope he leads them to the body like was the case with WC, so I can’t work out why they felt the need to wait to make arrest

I am confused why police were following the arrested man for hours before arresting him as opposed to just arresting him on sight immediately, they already had the body so no need to follow him in the hope he leads them to the body like was the case with WC, so I can’t work out why they felt the need to wait to make arrest

Same here. Dare I suggest, it could just that news media "sensationalized" the new development?

It is also possible the reason the police followed the man without arresting was because they weren't sure of his identity and wanted to confirm it first. Not sure but just trying to reason out here.

Last edited:

Perhaps they don’t have the murder weapon, or they suspect him of having a lockup or something like that perhaps not registered under his own name, where other evidence might be, and were hoping he’d visit it and therefore lead them to that.

I don't think they have a motive yet, so following him might help reveal something. Probably the connection to SN isn't quite clear yet or they might believe he wasn't acting alone?

DP

Maybe to lead them to other conspirators?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa