UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do think a police officer phoning up a member of the public asking about how to view footage from traffic cameras is ridiculous. It breaches professional standards. Not to mention the police know how to contact the traffic camera operating companies directly. If this police officer didn't, then he/she should've asked their sergeant and arranged it.

It's possible, but please consider this is not from an official TFL site but a 3rd party site that saves the snapshots. I can't see why your average Bobby is going to know this as they wouldn't need to use it

I'd be amazed if a Police Car has been used, aren't they tracked by GPS?

What if the police officer wasn't actually on duty at the time? He could have used his own private car. He may know this London area through his police work and came up to loiter and be nefarious on his day off. Or hung about after work had finished?

Just a thought.....

What if the police officer wasn't actually on duty at the time? He could have used his own private car. He may know this London area through his police work and came up to loiter and be nefarious on his day off.

Agree.
He might not even be stationed in town.
I think the MET covers 32 boroughs, some bordering Kent?

Last edited:
What if the police officer wasn't actually on duty at the time? He could have used his own private car. He may know this London area through his police work and came up to loiter and be nefarious on his evening off. Or hung about after work?

Just a thought.....

I think that's far more likely. Even if he was aware of how to disable the location tracking that starts to become a red flag on its own. Just doesn't seem well thought out for someone who'd know this stuff.

That is a fair consideration. The Airwave radio system may also perform the same function if it is being worn.

I'm sure it'd raise eyebrows if there was an unallocated Police car picked up on CCTV in the area also. Assume if this was seen they'd want to speak to the colleagues about anything they saw?

I believe they have GPS and most have cameras too.. though I don’t know if these cameras are always on/feed anywhere or are operated by the cars driver and only turned on when needed/stored in the camera memory..

The pic I shared earlier may or
may not be a police car.. can’t even tell that for sure..but it was in the area around the time of SE’s disappearance...(will attach again for those who missed)

I know a police car in a high street in London is not at all unusual, and we don’t know if the officer who may or may not be involved was even on duty during the time of SE‘S disappearance.

But like I said on my previous post it’s been driving me insane so I wanted to share though I did think everyone might agree I’m going insane to be pointing out a police car in London...:confused:

Attachments

• 50CA858C-D910-49A4-84EA-342DE215EFD4.jpeg
    50CA858C-D910-49A4-84EA-342DE215EFD4.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 174
I wonder if she was flagged down by a police officer claiming to be doing ‘routine covid checks’ on random members of the public - maybe he asked her how many times she had left her house today and for what purpose. He then asks her to step into the back of the car so he could take some of her details and she complies as most citizens would and he drives off with her to somewhere more secluded to commit other acts that I don’t want to think about too much. JMO.

First post here, apologies in advance as i can't work out how to multi quote yet..

I'm reasonably local within 5 mins drive from all this - there hasn't been routine covid checks even on quieter roads in since lockdown started, let alone the south circular A205 which is a fast road even in the wee hours.

Even if it was viable explanation, it's very rare for a met officer to be single staffed in a vehicle, and even if they were, the tracking of the vehicles is done via transponders within the car itself and not anything that can be turned on or off by the officers for obvious reason. The newish tech of airwave radio used across las/met/lfb would leave enough footprint that would be easily traceable also.

Re the kent link, it would depends on how accurate they are wanting to word their press release. The london part of kent would be 10 mins drive from there at that time of night so this chap could be Penge, West Wickham, or as close as that. Irrelevant i know, just saying how close Kent would actually be to this loc.

Thanks and sorry for no doubting cocking up on protocols here with my first post.
T

Plus, I think usually police officers drive around with another police officer. They are normally in pairs. It'd be rare to get just one. It could happen in some UK police forces, but I don't think so on a nightshift in London.
MOO.

I think that's far more likely. Even if he was aware of how to disable the location tracking that starts to become a red flag on its own. Just doesn't seem well thought out for someone who'd know this stuff.

Not all police officers have a knowledge or understanding of such investigation methods. They are normally the preserve of intelligence work or major crime investigation.

If tracking was switched of that could demonstrate a degree of planning or pre-meditation.

Last edited:
I believe they have GPS and most have cameras too.. though I don’t know if these cameras are always on/feed anywhere or are operated by the cars driver and only turned on when needed/stored in the camera memory..

The pic I shared earlier may or
may not be a police car.. can’t even tell that for sure..but it was in the area around the time of SE’s disappearance...(will attach again for those who missed)

I know a police car in high street in London is not at all unusual, and we don’t know if the officer who may or may not be involved was even on duty during the time of SE‘S disappearance.

But like I said on my previous post it’s been driving me insane so I wanted to share though I did think everyone might agree I’m going insane to be pointing out a police car in London...:confused:

I expect they have this covered but you can do no harm reporting it.

Not all police officers have a knowledge or understanding of such investigation methods. They are normally the preserve of intelligence work or major crime investigation.

If tracking was switched of that could demonstrate a degree of planning.

As an aside thanks for providing your info, it's been insightful. My day job is Information Security and a close colleague is ex NCA digital forensics... When I asked why he moved his line was "The pay is better and I've not seen child *advertiser censored* here yet"

JMO I’m new so not sure if allowed own opinions as such, but will delete if not, I have followed but never commented, but I was thinking,

If the call ended at 9.28 was the call ended, due to a PO attempting to speak to her? Maybe a case of saying to her partner, oh I’m gonna have to go, type thing, and was the phone then turned off, due to him making out she is under arrest? Whether or not he was in uniform or not, would have thought he would have his badge?

obviously all speculation in my own mind, and just my own opinion.

I'm sure it'd raise eyebrows if there was an unallocated Police car picked up on CCTV in the area also. Assume if this was seen they'd want to speak to the colleagues about anything they saw?

Just taking an unallocated police car wouldn't be very easy to do without creating a data trail.

I don't suspect that this will be an officer on duty in a police vehicle.

It will more than likely be someone that SE knew on a personal level.

For me the thought of a police officer targeting women on a busy London street at 9.30 at night doesn't strike me as the MO of someone who knows about LE.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member