Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ye
I think I remember that case , wasn't it some years later that the conviction was finally made.

IMO , the accused is so sure that he won't be caught that once out of London, its that complete belief, that means dumping of evidence can be simple processiing through normal channels, like recycling and a near by builders bag can be used , because if the accused believes he's no where near being caught , then he can be relaxed about evidence because by the time anyone catches up , the evidence is basically run through systems , especially the hire car.

Yes, he wasn’t arrested until 17/18 years after she went missing. Only ended up serving 6 years...awful.

I agree with you. He felt a false sense of security once he left london.

I think someone else posted a while back (although speculation) that when the number plates of the hire car were run through the system, they could have matched those from the IE and been automatically linked, which could have helped them determine who the alleged perpetrator might be. That is all supposition as well of course. But I can't see he would use his own car for the IE as it could be traced back to him easily.

So the timeframe of the hire car would be good to know (and we probably won't know until further info is released). I am still trying to work out if he could have, say, hired it for a week, done the alleged IE incidents in it and still had it on 3rd March (3 or 4 days later). But then presumably he'd have been going home in between so maybe not.

I've been puzzled about the use of the hire car. I could understand maybe with false plates, but in this case it seems to have been traced back to WC as quickly as it would have been in his own car, and surely he would have known that?

I've mentioned before about use of a white Astra that could superficially appear as an official police car (pretty sure they do still use Astras), but I'm also starting to wonder now if it's a psychological thing - avoid sullying the family car and making it a crime scene. JMO.

I keep being drawn back to the car hire situation. I appreciate it’s not really achieving anything to speculate where he hired from, I guess I’m just wondering why he hired a car.

Bear with me here!

Because he hired it in Dover part of me wonders if he’s able to sort of ‘borrow’ a car on a more informal basis from ex work contacts.

Now, I know Europcar / Hertz / Enterprise are a definite NO there. Too big. Too national. But this interests me ...

“During the 70s, BCB evolved again and expanded into vehicle body repairs from Kenning Car Hire Dover and then the Canterbury and Gillingham depots. It also became an MOT testing station until May 2015.” snipped from the KentOnline article about his dads garage closing down. (SOURCE: End of road as garage doors close for last time)

So I did some digging into ‘Kenning Car Hire’. It no longer exists, but the address came up (SOURCE: Screenshot from here https://dover.cylex-uk.co.uk/company/kenning-car---van-rental-18784121.html)

Then I took a look at GoogleMaps to see what’s in its place. And what do you know .. a new car hire place called CMW. SOURCE: screenshotted on google maps

I’m no expert on car makes and models, but would any of our vehicle experts care to take a look at the forecourt and confirm whether one of these cars fits the description of white Vauxhall Astra? Google Maps
Nice sleuthing !

Thanks @TheEditor . Could you take a look at these please and tell me if any of these are an Astra?

SOURCE: Google Maps

Really late on this but FWIW the top one is a Hyundai i40 estate, the middle is a Vauxhall Corsa and bottom is a Toyota Auris Estate.

If anyone has questions about cars feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer.

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie here, I've been following the conversations here for quite a few days and have found it to be a precise and grounded source of information in contrast to some confusion in the media and social media. Most importantly I've found the discussions here very thoughtful in preserving the dignity of tragic SE and her loved ones. I have a couple of questions that have been bothering and worrying me for days, as SE has been on my mind pretty much constantly since I found out about her disappearance. I am very familiar with all the areas in the investigation, as have lived for 28 years around the parts of SW London where SE visited, walked and lived, I also grew up in Kent and still have close family ties and friends in the Ashford and surrounding areas. Sorry for the long intro and apologies if I've missed the information I'm about to ask, as I'm still trying to navigate my way through all the threads about SE. Firstly, did the accused drive SE straight to any of the Kent sites as soon as she was abducted? Or is it possible he had lodgings somewhere close-by? I'm haunted by that car journey because I've driven from that part of SW London to Kent hundreds of times, so I know how long it takes! Was SE already deceased for the journey? Or still alive for the drive to Kent? Probably a stupid question, but has a motive been identified yet? I hope in asking these questions that I haven't broken any rules on here. Thanks everyone.
None of that is known.

Hi frosty, welcome.

I believe the answer to all your questions is we do not know.

You may need to change the initials to ‘the accused’ to not fall foul of the law now the alleged perp has been charged.

All of this is moo.
Thanks, have just edited out the initials.

To me, the obvious answer to this is that the accused's own car registration had been recorded in the course of the IE incident only three days earlier. I think he would be unsure how likely that was to be followed up on and might have intended to use the hire car for a while to avoid his own car being flagged up in the course of his normal commute.

I have been thinking a lot about the hire car, in particular the alleged footage showing it with hazards on and both doors open, which seems like an odd occurrence to me. As a driver, if you pull over and get out of your car, you close the door beind you pretty much automatically. That goes double on a busy road like the South Circular. Even if you don't care about the safety of your car or other road users, a drivers door wide open like that would draw (one presumes unwanted) attention to what the accused was doing. Added to that, Poynders Road is an uphill gradient as you drive east away from the Common, so even if you exited carelessly, the door would tend to fall closed by itself. What all of that says to me is that the drivers door in particular was opened hurriedly and with force. In addition the passenger door was open even though both people, as I understand it, were outside the car on the CCTV footage.

Based on this, I speculate that Sarah may have got into the car voluntarily, perhaps on the basis of a warrant card and a story of an attacker on the loose, etc, and that the accused then started to get into the car himself. At that point, I wonder if Sarah suddenly realised what she was doing was a bad idea, changed her mind and fled the vehicle leaving her door open, causing him to leave his side, flinging his door open abruptly in pursuit of her. He would then have to subdue her with force and get her into the car quickly before anyone noticed. I don't doubt he could have done so, but I also think this unexpected turn of events and the fear of perhaps having been seen may have started a cascade of unintended consequences that ended in her murder. (RIP)

Despite appearances, I don't think the role of the hire car necessarily demonstrates premeditation.

Of course this is all just speculation, MOO, etc.

I think someone else posted a while back (although speculation) that when the number plates of the hire car were run through the system, they could have matched those from the IE and been automatically linked, which could have helped them determine who the alleged perpetrator might be. That is all supposition as well of course. But I can't see he would use his own car for the IE as it could be traced back to him easily.

So the timeframe of the hire car would be good to know (and we probably won't know until further info is released). I am still trying to work out if he could have, say, hired it for a week, done the alleged IE incidents in it and still had it on 3rd March (3 or 4 days later). But then presumably he'd have been going home in between so maybe not.

I think the white Vauxhall Astra being the same make as a police car is too much of a coincidence.
I think he kept his uniform and used his credentials and Covid restrictions to lure her into the car.

Here in Dublin the police are constantly stopping and interrogating people due to Covid restrictions, so I assume it's the same in London.
He might have said "Oh you're going to Brixton, Im going that way anyway".
I find it hard to believe he bundled her into the car on such a busy street.

He probably drove towards Brixton and the rest happened on a quieter street.

There was a similar case in Ireland just a couple of years ago. Guy aged 40 with no criminal history, abducts and murders young woman. Although that was a quite country road during the day time. Sometimes there's simply no logic to these type of crimes.

IMO, people are making too much of the fact that Sarah was identified using dental records. Visual identification is rarely used anymore. And when it is, it is done by photos or video. It is simply too barbaric and problematic to do a visual Identification. It is so traumatic that the identifying person could have hysterical blindness and mis identify the deceased. A deceased person most of the time does not look like they did when they were alive. Even a few days exposed to the elements is enough to render a deceased person unrecognizable. The most common way to identify a body is using fingerprints, then dentals, then DNA. Visual identification is not used for homicide cases. Any speculation on the condition of Sarah's body is that, speculation.
I identified my sister for the police after she had been dead for 6-7 days. That was 16 years ago and it is projected onto the back of my eyes so I see it every night before I go to sleep. I am glad that things have changed somewhat.

The area they are searching in Sandwich, any cameras in that area

Not sure if this link will go direct to Sandwich but you should be able to move the around and zoom. It shows the CCTV for all the towns in this cae.

ArcGIS Web Application

The area where this new search is is surrounded by CCTV!

I am now wondering how it is going to be ensured that the accused does not compromise the security of the buildings he guarded or the teams he worked with?
Wow good question. Think we should compile a list of questions for met legal team. I imagine conversations with US have been a bit awkward.

I noticed that the Guildpark Car parking area in Sanwich, near the Rope Walk has a large auto repair / car wash area at the side of it.

Would his vehicle have been tracked to the car wash place by CCTV and maybe some surveillance cameras there noted someone who resembled the alleged perp putting something in the recycling and/or strolling along the river there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa