Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to choking someone unconscious, unless you have actually choked them to death, again, they will regain consciousness in a few seconds from releasing the choke.

A few seconds maybe, but she would be struggling for air, woozy, dizzy, completely deplete of energy. It’s more than enough time for him to handcuff her and put her in the drivers seat or in the boot of the car.

JMO

This is just something I know from my own line of work. But one thing people who undertake scams and phishing rely on a lot is urgency. They get people to click on links in emails by making the subject of the email something that a person would want to do right away. I've seen everyone from top executives to people who work in the area become victims. I think people sayingthey definitely would not get in the car are a bit naive. If that is the route he went down he'd want to add pressure and make it so that her getting in the car is something that needs to be done NOW e.g. she's walking into a police operation, someone is following her etc to not give her time to start to think properly about what is being asked.

Yes, good point. I keep going over how the accused got SE on the car. I’m beginning to think now that maybe he did have a gun hence the email to work about wanting to be taken off fire arm duties. If the accused suspected that LE thought he had a gun then, yes, he could be warding off an armed police siege. JMO

If they had any suspicion he had a gun, his arrest would have involved a firearms unit. I personally don't see it. I am really not convinced a gun was involved in this so far. JMO, but he would not require a gun to carry out this crime and there's no reports that he was involved in a gun club, had any access to firearms or was involved in anything with previous convictions to suggest the ability to acquire one illegally.

Thank you MsMiniSleuth.

Apologies, I was not aware - I have deleted my post but am not sure how to delete it when it appears in other's posts?

I always like to think the same but when I was flashed I froze because I couldn’t quite believe what was happening. I can’t fault anyone freezing at that moment either.

It's not something you can control at all, it's a natural fear response in mammals basically, you don't really have much control over it, it's decided somewhere deep in your brain unconsciously in an instant, no one should be made to feel bad about it.

Consider:

The bus that captured the Astra with doors open .... no figures mentioned.

Because IMO the figures have not yet reached the vehicle.

I think the driver of the Astra parked it, hazards on, doors opened, then doubled back, leaving it just as the bus would capture it. Meanwhile perhaps the driver concealed himself long enough for Sarah to pass him, then overtook her from behind, bundling her straightaway into the back of the Astra. Retrieves her phone, if it had fallen. Renders it useless. Closes the passenger door, walks smoothly to the driver's side, hazards off, doors closed, drives away. Two minutes.

JMO

I know someone who as a woman on her own in a quiet city street at night, walked past a car that the driver had the driver's seat laying down and tried to get her in the car. I can't remember if the door was open or not and how it happened. I just remember the detail about him laying down in the car waiting to pounce. He failed, but tried to get her in the car.

I think this is all pure speculation. It’s grainy cctv footage - they may have suspicions, they may not. For some investigators that could be the working theory, for others it’s not. I just don’t see how it is provable either way. But in these circumstances it really doesn’t matter (but as a young women walking alone in London my natural instinct is to be wary of literally everyone. My spidey-senses would be naturally cautious of any lone male unless he was a policeman, in uniform, in a marked car. Also, I have literally know idea what a warrant card is supposed to look like. So someone not in uniform or a marked car approaching me would make me v nervous because how the hell do I know that isn’t just a fake piece of paper. I’m not saying he didn’t produce warrant card, i’m also not saying I would 100% not be taken in if the circumstances were the same. I’m just saying it really probably doesn’t make a difference either way.)

I know exactly what a warrant card looks like because I have watched a billion British police dramas and it’s not a exactly a secret what one would look like. You can google what one looks like and plain-clothed police are not that uncommon.

I know exactly what a warrant card looks like because I have watched a billion British police dramas and it’s not a exactly a secret what one would look like. You can google what one looks like and plain-clothed police are not that uncommon.

He'd also know the exact procedure for someone questioning the validity of a warrant card to a point you'd trust him because Johnny your average pervert isn't going to be reeling this off the top of their head so casually.

A few seconds maybe, but she would be struggling for air, woozy, dizzy, completely deplete of energy. It’s more than enough time for him to handcuff her and put her in the drivers seat or in the boot of the car.

JMO

I fully agree it would give the accused time to get handcuffs on her. However, the moment she regained consciousness you would have no wooziness/struggling for air/depleted energy.

I know it sounds odd, but the moment the choke is released (whether you’ve regained consciousness or not) your breathing automatically regulates perfectly normally. You’ll wake up feeling confused for a second or two (as you won’t remember why you went unconscious, you always forget the choke) but you can then quite literally instantly jump up and run around.

Chokes will quite literally incapacitate someone for seconds and leaves absolutely no lasting effects. (Hence why they’re legal/widely used in so many martial arts)

But as you said, it would give time to apply handcuffs, just not time to stuff someone into a car as you’d be carrying dead weight also.

MOO...The tweet from the press re court hearing said what had happened to SE was "scary".
IMOO...the flashing hazards suggest to me to be staged (to look to others on the road/pavement that someone was momentarily parked up to offload/load the car from the adjacent flats).
Forensics and UV light...the charge of "abduction" (by force?)...the "two figures" on camera...I think accused was laying in the shadows, watching for onlookers, grabbed and incapacitated and bundled (maybe the boot). Just my understanding of wordings...

Personally I found that tweet from the court reporter a little odd. Of course whatever happened to her was scary - she was abducted from a street on her way home and later turned up dead in a builder's bag.

JMO, but I don't feel like there's anything in that "scary" that adds any extra colour to what I could already imagine happened to this poor woman.

I agree with earlier poster ..I think its possible the accused didn't park in the road..there seem a few areas to park around the front and side of flats where car would be visible from bus cctv
I thought that too, as a passing car (on a busy road) could potentially take a door off / there could be an accident etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleCrimeOnThePrairie