UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am new here although been reading for a while and found it helpful to read the theories.

Just a thought. With lockdowns and men unable to use prostitutes for their sexual gratification, or at least more difficult to do so, maybe this could lead to a build up in violent/sadistic urges? JMO

Also still in shock he is a serving officer and wouldn’t be surprised if he has a history of offences. Although the fact he’s gone through the highest security clearances must have meant he’s either highly arrogant or had nothing to hide prior to joining. Very scary.

I know a lot in the London area say his commute is doable, but his role in the police is probably long shifts 12 hours?, on call etc. He drove back after a relief shift so that would make sense. Would he commute after every shift? A few said trains are probably not going to line up too much with his work pattern

I'm still of the opinion of flat share or something similar.

There was coordinated searches of multiple properties on the same day.

Pure speculation on my part, I have no idea, and we all have preferred theories, but my feeling is that he knew of her, but she didn't know him. If she walked that way regularly, and he stayed there, it's not impossible. But that could just be me trying to rationalise how this random awful thing could happen. The think I noticed from the cctv photos was there were a lot of cars around the area of the A205 she disappeared on, but very few people. But also the cars seem to come in groups, so there'd be very few, then a lot when presumably nearby traffic lights changed. That would create an opportunity for someone who knew the road. But just speculation by me.

Ironically I am originally from the town next door to JD in Connecticut. We had mutual friends.

Her case made me so sad. I followed it here closely. A beautiful mother with her gorgeous children and seemingly so kindhearted and generous. In complete contrast to the selfish man she married .. and don’t even get me started on MT. Uh. The twists and turns in that case were just awful. I do hope she is found one day. I’m so sorry for your friends loss.

WC = Wayne Couzens. Name of police officer arrested in connection with SE (Sarah Everards) murder. Suspects are always given initials instead of full names when discussed.

There is no rule on that. Many of us tend to use initials, it's faster and won't get picked up by the Google robots and shown as a link - and, for me personally, I don't want to give the suspect the courtesy of a full name. However, it's up to the individual. You can call him Wayne, WC or Couzens - all are acceptable.

I think the opposite - that they suspected him but had no clue where she was and hoped he would lead them to her, which he couldn't have done had he been in custody. And perhaps he did, but sadly she was not alive by then anyway. But JMO and I have no background in LE so perhaps no understanding of how these things work.

You might be right. I just think operationally unless they knew she was dead they would have to act to arrest. The fact his wife was suspected of assisting and his access to other properties they couldn’t take a chance.

Imagine if they had enough evidence of abduction to put him under surveillance on Saturday, saw him making unconfirmed or indistinguishable trips to buildings, and it later came out in an autopsy that she had died Monday night. That’s all just an example but essentially the police have a duty of care to preserve life, so unless they were 100% certain she was dead I find it hard to think they would have had him under surveillance for anytime before arresting him. It could result in a tragic missed window of opportunity.

JMO

The family have told the press she didn't know him though.

Do you mean that to the best of the family's knowledge she didn't know him? Or do you mean that the police have told the family that she didn't know him?

There is no way the family could list everyone she knew with any degree of certainty. No chance.

No offence intended, but I’m assuming that all of the posters like yourself who are talking about whether she would have “willingly” gone along with him or whether she would have “agreed” to get in the car, are either big burly men or women lucky enough never to have been physically attacked.

I am very fortunate to have survived a couple of severe physical attacks with no major damage (many years ago) and my experience is it just doesn’t work like that when a determined and aggressive man suddenly strikes.

I don’t believe the poor woman had any chance of resisting him at all, particularly as it seems he struck suddenly.

THIS. Thank goodness someone has said it. Any woman who has never been attacked by a strange man has no idea how strong and lightening quick men are. He could have had her in that car and restrained before she even knew what hit her. The only slim hope that a highly situationally aware woman would have had would have been to have seen him coming, knock him off balance and run, but the guy's centre of gravity is about 30 inches from the ground - she would have had no chance at all - I would have had no chance and I can fight and have 80lb on her.

Also - the Met Police use tricks - which I have seen first hand - to inflict pain and/or instantly immobilise people - even very large men - two I have seen used are something they do to a person's ear to bring them to the floor helpless, and another similiar thing with a finger. If he wanted her in the car, she would have been put straight in the car - no negotiation or stories needed.

There is no rule on that. Many of us tend to use initials, it's faster and won't get picked up by the Google robots and shown as a link - and, for me personally, I don't want to give the suspect the courtesy of a full name. However, it's up to the individual. You can call him Wayne, WC or Couzens - all are acceptable.

Ah! Now I’ve learned something new :) I’ll continue to initial too though for the same reasons you’ve given.

These are very interesting.

Despite the photo fit looking all wrong (eyebrows too dark?) the micro-location of the Sevenoaks attack looks eerily similar to the Poynders Road/Rodenhurst Road corner - wide A road, resi area on outskirts of town. And the MO could explain this case - attempt to lure off a main road along side street for indecent act but not necessarily murder. So emboldened by that event he has escalated but that the murder was a panicked response to the attack not going the way he expected or she tried to take her phone out to capture him or call for help and he then overpowered her AND immediately switches off her phone.

Just a theory.

Going back over the last seven or eight years, there have been a fair few unsolved sex attacks in Kent committed by men whose age/build/e-fit seem quite a lot like WC.

Sevenoaks, September 2020: Woman lured to pervert's van by tale of sick child

"The suspect is described as white, in his mid-40s, 5ft 8in, of stocky build with receding shaved hair and stubble."

Z4MH7YHBZ9D37DADWFIB.jpg

Ashford 'serial sex attack suspect', 2013:

Police hunt Ashford 'serial sex attack suspect'

The attacked is described as being white, bald, about 6ft 2in [obviously a disparity with WC's height] with a large frame and aged in his late 30s to late 40s.

_69201011_ashfordefit..jpg

Folkestone 2013, 'Man hunted over "knifepoint sex attack"'

"...in his mid-30s, 5ft 6ins, with short ginger or strawberry blonde hair and was unshaven. He is reported to have muscular arms"

Man hunted over 'knifepoint sex attack'

6FMTM0B1CTJVF0BW2CIV.jpg

Yes that's true but I'm struggling to think how her boyfriend and family wouldn't know and where she would know a policeman 15 years older who worked such long shifts. So far she doesn't have the rumours about her personal life that Claudia Lawrence had. Nor the sort of things that came out about Corrie McKeague and his girlfriend having an open relationship.

As you say, she appears to just have been walking home.
When we say "know", it could be that their paths crossed to say hello, not a relationship or even on name terms. She may have just seen him in the area before in a police capacity? I still think it's more likely that he maybe knew her, but she didn't know him, i.e he had seen her walk that path before and she caught his eye. :-(

Hmm I also think the pictures of EC now means the press knows something we don't and she is likely more involved than just providing a false alibi.
I thought the first instance in The Sun could just be sloppy and a mistake, but I've also seen EC is pictured twice in the Daily Mail too.
How very sad.
EDIT: JMO

Could someone advise me on what I'm doing wrong in regards to uploading photos, it keeps saying the file is too large, is there a particular setting my phone should be on lol, I did manage a couple of pics yesterday, however I cannot upload anything today, any advice for a non tech person:)
Are you trying to change your avatar when getting this message? It’s a common error in this process. If so, you can easily solve your problem with the avatars by using this program:
Gravatar - Globally Recognized Avatars

Most photos can usually be posted via the copy/paste method. You can also click the more options tab. Paste links and photos, then click preview. You will also see your photos pop up as attached. I find the more options reply window easier at times for ensuring photos and links post properly by using the preview window.

What really saddens me with this case (apart from the outcome obviously), is that SE was probably acting in good faith before she got in the car because he is a policeman. Authority is a powerful thing and to resist arrest is an offence. He probably told a story that was somewhat convincing at the time, in a moment of confusion, such as saying he would bring her to a local police station for questioning… But can you imagine that feeling, of driving further and further outside the built up areas, past several police stations, onto the motorway…at some point you realise you’ve been deceived. He stops being friendly, your phone has been confiscated, you’re handcuffed, he’s probably blaring music to cover the noise of your screams, the windows are probably tinted. You see only the odd person on the street anyway because everyone is indoors because of covid. Can you imagine how scary this must have been. This man is seriously dangerous. I feel so sorry for her to have to go through this, I wish I was at that corner at the time and somehow stopped it all.

This 100%. Also I’ve been looking to stop and search rights in stronger detail today and it’s all fairly confusing. Can anyone tell me with a link of possible what our rights are if stopped by an officer/officers and told to get into a car and you feel vulnerable? Is there a right if stopped by a lone officer in an unmarked car, even if flashing a badge, to ask for confirmation from the station before proceeding because that’s the bit that’s not clear.

bearing in mind that if he lured her through stop and search or what have you he’d have 100% have had a story ready to confidently give her as to why she needed to comply, and therefore a lot of our standard rights in that instance (eg getting reason, badge number etc) stands for nothing. Are we legally allowed to demand further confirmation in the spirit of personal safety?

I find it interesting that most on twitter are taking the stance that Sarah was plucked from the street by a random individual despite taking all precautions. This has not been confirmed and is in fact statistically very unlikely. My view is that the victim was likely somehow known to the offender.

It is worth remembering that Met Officers in central London can rarely afford the living costs, and it is common practice to rent a place in the area for when they work, but then leave to a permanent residence away from London during time off. I am aware of multiple officers who do this.

If the arrested officer turns out to be the offender, then did he have a flat on Poynders road for this work purpose? If so, then victim/offender had potentially crossed paths previously given she would have walked this route multiple times. Phone records would help with that line of enquiry.

The A205 seems too busy and visible to abduct someone a stranger without being seen. On the other hand, if the victim was known to the offender then she could well have entered a property or a waiting vehicle with no concern that she was unsafe. I believe there must have been some form of prior contact/relationship between the two.

The outpouring stories from women regarding their own experiences walking home is truly scary, and we need to do more to make women feel safe when walking out and about. I do however think, that many are jumping to a conclusion about this being a stranger abduction when this has not been confirmed. The statistics suggest the theory to be highly unlikely.
The police have said several times that he was unknown to her. The statistics do not indicate that this is highly unlikely.

There are still questions being asked over whether WC and SE knew each other. I know the source isn’t exactly the best (The Sun) but they are not believed to have met before.

SARAH Everard had never met the Met gun cop arrested on suspicion of her kidnap and murder and had no link to him, it was reported today.

Sarah Everard 'had no link & never met' Met cop arrested over kidnap & murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member