UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clapham Common is on the South London link? Right at the bottom?
Hahaha sorry you're right, I didn't scroll far enough. Still - I don't think it's a reliable place for that kind of activity. It's not somewhere he'd drop by on a whim or just in case something was happening.

For anyone questioning the possibility that she wouldn’t have complied if he had told her he was Police...

If I was stopped and addressed by someone claiming to be the police, I strongly suspect that I wouldn’t question it, I would panic, and would do exactly what they asked. I’m also 33, and have a professional career. It wouldn’t even occur to me to challenge them - they’re the police, they’re there to protect us.

I guess Id probably do differently now, however until you’ve been in a situation like that you can’t possibly know how you, never mind anyone else would respond.
Yeah I think ultimately, it's impossible to guess when you haven't been in that situation. I keep thinking it over, and keep coming down on different sides. But ultimately, I think it would depend on your state of mind - if you felt safe or if you didn't. If you feel jumpy and nervous you're going to respond differently than if you feel confident and happy in that moment. Obviously this is totally irrelevant if she was just taken unawares and bundled. I suppose the scenario I'm describing is if he approached her under the guise of being a good copper/good samaritan.

Errr, Clapham Common is a well known spot for Gay cruising, indecent exposure and other encounters. I too live very nearby and I have seen it myself so yes, they could 'get it done in that regard'
Cruising yes, dogging? Not so much. But that's IME, obviously.

Candle trail proposed from Ashford to London in memory of Sarah Everard

Stephanie Staunton, who lives nearby, is organising the poignant tribute to the 33-year-old, who was last seen on March 3 in Clapham.

5V8POHZWHMPO7IK21RVU.jpg

She's asking people to light a candle in their window from Ashford to Brixton next Wednesday at 6pm, to "light Sarah's way home".

Candle trail proposed from Kent to London for Sarah Everard

Do you all know about the ignore button? Now you do!

If you click on any poster's avatar, a little window will come up that has a number of options. On the far right of that window, it says "ignore." If you click that and put a poster on ignore, the forum will automatically hide all of their posts. The poster doesn't know you did it, and you can remove it at any time.

This is helpful for both discussions you do not want to read (ignore those posters for a couple of hours) or people you seem to really not get along with (ignore them forever). It helps keep the peace and I encourage you to "ignore" liberally.
Perfectly explained. Thank you @Alethea I’m sure you just helped many new posters.

I am really wondering about whether WC may have partaken in dogging, and that is why he detoured to Clapham. And knows these deserted/wooded areas in Ashford.

A search for popular dogging spots in Kent according to MSM
The places to avoid in Kent after dark - unless you're into dogging

3 spots named in Ashford - all of which are a very short distance to the Leisure Centre/police searches, and 2 are woodlands....

And Clapham Common is named here for top South London dogging spots. The only one close to his work and on the way back home, which may explain why he detoured 30 mins to Clapham to head back home.
The 31 notorious South London dogging sites which come alive after dark

It would also explain an indecent exposure charge, as dogging/cottaging are not illegal per se but the charge of indecent exposure is often used in these cases. Wonder if there have been witnesses (other doggers/cottagers) who have come forward about him.

JMO
I have been pondering on the indecent exposure element. I read that the charge of IE also related to Sarah.

As she is sadly and obviously not here to report that, how do the police know about it?

Either:

A. she mentioned it on her call to her bf and he told police

B. It was seen by a third party who reported it (but then didn’t see whatever happened next..? - seems unlikely)

C. WC confessed to it

If a. It suggests a time lag between the two incidents between WC and SE - so maybe she saw him eg on the common, he clocked her see him and followed her..? Either to try and prevent her reporting it/‘deal’ with her so she couldn’t, or because someone seeing him somehow elevated his desire to do something worse?

Or is there an option D. I haven’t thought of?

Just to put the WC and SE connection queries to bed. There is absolutely NO way a pumped up, egotistical, minimally educated alpha male with his the profile would have mixed in her social circle. From a socio-economic perspective - its highly hughly unlikey.
That's a little judgemental and snobby. Who knows what circles she mixed in. By all accounts she was a nice person and may have mixed with people from all socio-economic backgrounds regardless of their level of education or wealth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn