UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if she was followed on foot, and the person following was close enough to hear that she had finished her phone call. She might have been too distracted by the call to realise. But I can't work out the next bit - without her interaction being seen. Lots of windows overlooking and traffic passing, unless she had chosen the riskier and more secluded short cut. I look at the quickest route and think it's the least likely choice, because of safety, but since she is missing maybe it does point to that being the one she took. Plus it could explain why she didn't hop on a bus, if she was walking off the main road.

What's confusing me, based on what little we know, is that she has gone off grid with her phone in an inner london suburb - with no trace

Seems unlikely she has merely been followed and attacked in the street - as then she would be found pretty quickly?

So either she has got in car, or entered a building IMO

Brixton is hardly the wildwest - people don't vanish into thin air while walking the streets?

I lived in that area several years ago and would have no issue walking around the streets at night, I guess lockdown may have made them quieter but many areas of London are really busy, you wouldn't know there is a lockdown. My concern is that she may have taken a shortcut across Clapham Common - the main paths are lit at night but the rest would be dark. Fingers crossed that Sarah is found safe soon.

I lived in that area several years ago and would have no issue walking around the streets at night, I guess lockdown may have made them quieter but many areas of London are really busy, you wouldn't know there is a lockdown. My concern is that she may have taken a shortcut across Clapham Common - the main paths are lit at night but the rest would be dark. Fingers crossed that Sarah is found safe soon.

So they are trying to figure out how far along she got - or even all the way home.

I wonder if she just got a flat phone battery ...

Do you mean you think she reached home and someone in a neighbouring flat has harmed her?

I wouldn’t rule it out as impossible. The police say they are unsure if she made it home, but I suppose if there was no phone activity after the 21:28pm ping then it’s unlikely she returned home.
Unless this is an intentional disappearance and she turned her phone off, went home to grab some things and then left. But nothing suggests this at the moment.

Very worrying to read about this, I work in Clapham Junction and grew up in the area where Sarah has gone missing from. I have done that similar journey myself many years ago and my memory is that back then it was distinctly quiet, hardly anyone around, hardly any cars, I don't know what it's like now, but I do know once you reach Cavendish Road & Weir Road localities then your in an area which is like a maze, many of the residential streets have back alleys, at the far end of Cavendish Road you then have Tooting Common, there's a couple of railway bridges, if you walk under the 2nd bridge, you end up in a very secluded part of the common, if memory serves me correctly. Its a very quiet and residential area but then I am only assuming that is the route she took

Sarah Everard, 33, vanished as she walked home to Brixton, south London, from the Clapham Junction area.

She spoke to her partner en route but has not been heard from since about 21:30 GMT, friend Rose Woollard said.

Sarah Everard: Police 'increasingly concerned' for Brixton woman

https://twitter.com/LambethMPS/status/1367784499237576704?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1367784499237576704|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-56281473
Thanks for creating this thread looked a few days ago and there wasn’t one, just searched again and you have created one, thanks

At this stage I imagine police have to keep an open mind and consider all scenarios,however unlikely, then narrow down the possibilities as more evidence is discovered . I would expect it takes time to look through cctv and collect any local door and private camera footage.

There hasn't been any mention of Sarah's partner apart from the fact they were speaking on the phone for 15 minutes and the call ended at 21.28pm that night. Sarah was reported missing by her friends nearly 24 hours later, not by her partner.

I am still surprised her partner did not phone or text her after the phone call to make sure she had got home safely that night.

There hasn't been any mention of Sarah's partner apart from the fact they were speaking on the phone for 15 minutes and the call ended at 21.28pm that night. Sarah was reported missing by her friends nearly 24 hours later, not by her partner.

I am still surprised her partner did not phone or text her after the phone call to make sure she had got home safely that night.

I suppose it is possible that her boyfriend has been included in the term group of friends ,rather than being named specifically.

my thoughts too. Partner could imply male/female. Wonder if this is deliberate?

Partner feels like a longer term relationship and for me evokes a feeling of trust rather than ‘boyfriend’ In these situations. But this is contradicted by the complete lack of anything other than the phone call.

They were after all the last person to speak to sarah.

friend is the last known person to see her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado