UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think its quite likely she went with someone she knew....either met in the street or a car stopped with someone familiar driving

then it would be a random encounter rather than something pre meditated

you have to think though in a normal situation she might except a lift from someone she know but because of the lockdown rules? in place I don't think she would have done that because the bus only takes 10 minutes as well

Last edited:
Random comment but I wonder why she didn't get an uber.

It seems from her clothes that she likes exercise, it's suggested that she might have had some wine, a walk to clear her head or get some fresh air sounds like a reasonable thing to do but where I live ubers are really a thing so perhaps I'm not the best person to judge

I think if she was abducted in a car her phone would have pinged in different locations in a short space of time. I wonder was she meeting up with someone else secretly on an app (even though I understand this seems out of character and she is in a relationship) - Only her close friends would know this was a possibility. I also wonder did someone do something closer to home, perhaps a neighbour or an acquaintance. I’m sure this was sexually motivated, she’s very attractive, but it seems that unless it happened in a secluded park there seems to have not been much of a scuffle which someone would have likely heard.

It seems from her clothes that she likes exercise, it's suggested that she might have had some wine, a walk to clear her head or get some fresh air sounds like a reasonable thing to do but where I live ubers are really a thing so perhaps I'm not the best person to judge

Was there a comment from a friend in MSM about a 'ride' home?

That made me think of an uber, or as if the friend thought she was getting uber.

I would think uber would be the no.1 choice of a young professional woman travelling home alone from a friend's house after dark in SE London.

If her phone pinned last near Clarence avenue and not again then my guess is something happened fairly close to that area. Does anyone know if Clapham Park Estate is a bit of a no go area at night? It’s right beside where her phone last pinged

rules still state not in someones home or garden. and wednesday night was freezing.

i couldn't see if she was wearing a fitness tracker, wonder if someone could access her account to follow her journey.

I don't think she was warmly dressed enough for spending time outside not moving, it'd been pretty cold in the evenings the last few days

I’m not sure of her personal circumstances or living arrangements, but I find it very strange that nobody reported her missing for such a long period of time? Did no one check in with her or expect texts or phone calls. I’m wondering about the boyfriend in particular?
Overall, given the very basic facts we know, walking alone in a very dark secluded area with headphones in, feels like it left her in a very vulnerable situation.

I've walked in these areas often enough at night, it's normally fine nowadays, it's not like it was in the 90s or early 2000s.

However I found something that struck me. I may be putting two and two together and making eight though: https://twitter.com/BossBarb/status/1367786235071238146

Someone complaining just a few days before their car had been attacked in the evening by a stranger bang on the route we are talking about, seemingly very close to junction of A205 and Clarence Avenue.

just read there have been a few attacks recently in the area

14th jan Hydethorpe rd and one in Radbourne rd....females attacked. not mugged,assaulted/attacked

There was also a report made to police today via social media (and apparently directly to police prior to that) of "a man in van on Rodenhurst about 10d ago who followed a 14yo female pedestrian." They also mentioned it's "within 100m of where Everard’s phone’s last contact."

I checked and it's the next road along, parallel to Clarence Avenue.

I’m not sure of her personal circumstances or living arrangements, but I find it very strange that nobody reported her missing for such a long period of time? Did no one check in with her or expect texts or phone calls. I’m wondering about the boyfriend in particular?
Overall, given the very basic facts we know, walking alone in a very dark secluded area with headphones in, feels like it left her in a very vulnerable situation.

we don't know the situation she was due to meet up with her boyfriend the next day but all I know is I would not be 100% comfortable that my girlfriend was walking the street at night time alone

I've walked in these areas often enough at night, it's normally fine nowadays, it's not like it was in the 90s or early 2000s.

However I found something that struck me. I may be putting two and two together and making eight though: https://twitter.com/BossBarb/status/1367786235071238146

Someone complaining just a few days before their car had been attacked in the evening by a stranger bang on the route we are talking about, seemingly very close to junction of A205 and Clarence Avenue.

complete with photo of the idiot!!!

I don't think 23 hours is a long time to be out of touch with anyone, especially during the working week.
She spoke to her partner that evening and they discussed how their day had gone, arranged to meet the next day, so IMO that's a pretty healthy attachment.
I live on my own and haven't spoken to fam or friends since yesterday morning.

Last edited:
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Just a couple of things I’ve observed that may or may not be of note.

Looking at her Strava shows that she is very familiar with the two parks that have been searched today. It also shows that her GPS has been off the pace or location more than once in the last couple of months. I wonder if that means the ping could be a slightly different location to what we’ve been told - hence the wider area that the police have shown interest in and the second park being searched

It’s really not a long time, I’m surprised she was reported missing so quickly. When I was living away from home it would have taken weeks to report me missing (housemates assumed I’m back home, family assuming I’m having a good time, work assuming I’ve quit etc). She’s an adult. Work may have thought she was pulling a sickie, partner not expecting to see her till later... she must be very loved to be reported so quickly.

I'm not tech savvy so when they say Cavendish Road is the last 'ping' or whatever of Sarah's phone, what does that mean? A phone mast ping has a much wider area so is that a Google map location thing or something?

In terms of 'behaviour' as a woman living in London I would walk home alone (sometimes inadvisably) but I would never get into a stranger's car willingly. I can't imagine Sarah would either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675