UK UK - Sarah Wellgreen, 46, Kent, 9 Oct 2018 #2 *B. Lacomba guilty*

Do we know if the occupant of the house who gave video evidence was the older or younger child of Ben and Sarah?

No, but it only makes sense that it was the older. imo.

There was a statement posted here that was given to the police by this witness describing SW the morning before she vanished. It made me think the witness was a tween or a teen. They had a very good vocabulary iirc.

Yes, so that is what I mean, the statement from 'the occupant' only makes sense that it was the older of the 3 children, with the oldest being 12 (not sure if 12 NOW or 12 at the time, which was one year ago making him 11?), but in any case, didn't sound like it was the twin approx 6 y/o's, imo.

Except the first attending Police Officer gave evidenve to say BL had been showing her messages on SW phone from the bf from the night before she went missing. Those messages were imessages so it can only have been the iphone he was showing the officer. I think the prosecution challenged him on it yesterday?
That may be so, but it was not clear to me during that cross examination whether his initial reports of what was on her phones came from imessages on the iphone, or on one of her two other phones which were available for him to view messages on. Does anyone have the statement handy from when police said what BL was reporting initially about S's boyfriend texts so we can see if they were talking about the same?

Live updates as Sarah Wellgreen's ex-partner goes on trial accused of her murder

Its in this link he showed PC Manley messages between SW and NJ from the night she disappeared, an imessage log (guessing from NJs phone) shows those messages were sent iphone to iphone so could only have been her missing iphone4 rather than either of the 2 samsung (Android) handsets that dont have the imessage feature.

Im buying the officer being truthful over BL.

Ps. Im going to be quite willing to buy no predermination, but an act of anger and loss of control.

This is where we wiĺl all have diff opinion? :(

I admit l think he planned it. I think he selected the location to put Sarah's body in advance. I think he waited until the early hours to do whatever he did. So after the phone activity stopped at 1.40am. It was 40 minutes or so until he got picked up on CCTV l think. I wonder if he suffocated her. It doesn't explain the wet PJ top. But it might have been body fluid.

No, but it only makes sense that it was the older. imo.

There was a statement posted here that was given to the police by this witness describing SW the morning before she vanished. It made me think the witness was a tween or a teen. They had a very good vocabulary iirc.

Accused 'left house' on night missing mum vanished

This is worded slightly differently to how I've seen it previously. I've spent ages too, looking for the occupant testimony where they say something along the lines of 'Sarah's face looking grumpy the days/week before she disappeared' but I can't find it!!

I feel like the occupant who got up in the middle of the night 'could' have been any of the children ... but the comment about her looking grumpy (or something) sounded more like an older child.

I'm also thinking that if something had occurred for example, and I was lying and saying 'no no, my almost 13 year old is mistaken, it was the night before I got up to look at noisy wildlife - most 13 year olds I've ever known would absolutely argue til blue in the face that I was lying and they were not mistaken!

'In an interview shown on video in the court the witness said they had last seen Sarah, then 46, the evening before she disappeared, and that Sarah had been in a good mood, sending text messages on her phone.

Later on the witness woke in the night.

They said: “I checked in Sarah’s room and she wasn’t there and her bed was wet.

“The top of the bed was wet. I felt it.

“It hasn’t been wet before. It was water.”

The witness said Lacomba was out driving his taxi at the time and that they had gone downstairs to watch TV.

Then Lacomba had come home and they had gone to bed.

The witness said Lacomba had also said they didn’t need to worry about Sarah because the police were finding her.

Lacomba REALLY should change his plea and tell police where she is ... he's guilty as sin. One small coincidence is one thing but this is ridiculous ... I don't even think the jury will be deliberating for too long.

Here's the map from NAG to Littlefields. After that there is no more cctv sighting and there is the 2 hour time gap before he is caught again, returning back to NAG.

Google Maps

re the Nerf Guns, usually played in the local village hall in NAG

I don't think that map is right:

'At the eighth location, identified as Littlefields, the prosecutor said: "The prosecution say the defendant's car was seen here at 2.20am and 52 secs on October 10, about nine seconds after the last sighting.

"However, the prosecution do not know whether the vehicle captured at 2.20 am and 52 secs carried on down this road, Plaxdale Green Road, on the night of October 9 and 10 or if it turned off somewhere."

She explained that the road led to the Hilltop Hotel and a junction 'leading in several different directions."'

Jury visits key sites in murder trial

If he didn't dig the grave in advance.. Coldrum Long Barrow isn't far from there. Ancient burial site, apparently. It's quite open though. It does feel like the middle of nowhere in that area, even though you know you aren't in the middle of nowhere. Labour in Vain road is at the bottom of Plaxdale Green Road, it's really long and it seems to hr surrounded by woodland, from memory.

I don't think that map is right:

'At the eighth location, identified as Littlefields, the prosecutor said: "The prosecution say the defendant's car was seen here at 2.20am and 52 secs on October 10, about nine seconds after the last sighting.

"However, the prosecution do not know whether the vehicle captured at 2.20 am and 52 secs carried on down this road, Plaxdale Green Road, on the night of October 9 and 10 or if it turned off somewhere."

She explained that the road led to the Hilltop Hotel and a junction 'leading in several different directions."'

Jury visits key sites in murder trial

If he didn't dig the grave in advance.. Coldrum Long Barrow isn't far from there. Ancient burial site, apparently. It's quite open though. It does feel like the middle of nowhere in that area, even though you know you aren't in the middle of nowhere. Labour in Vain road is at the bottom of Plaxdale Green Road, it's really long and it seems to hr surrounded by woodland, from memory.

I had a wander down Labour in Vain road yesterday - loads of foliage but I couldnt see an obvious turn off from the road into the trees. However, that's just one small section I looked through - there's plenty more around there and I still think it was a place he already knew or had done a recce to find.

Confession time - I have a 'S-Hitlist' in my head of all the people I'd get rid of if I didn't risk going to jail (I wouldn't suit Jail though the idea of getting my meals cooked and no housework is appealing) ... if particular people on that list have done something particularly bad then I'll daydream of how I'd do it and get away with it ... there is zero chance of me carrying out my 'plans'. Zero

Here is Ben Lacomba - the ex Mrs he constantly moaned about (according to neighbour Websleuther), wrote nasty notes about on his (missing) phone, who was about to (in his eyes) screw him over and take his home and kids AGAIN ... There's no screams or fight heard by other occupants or neighbours but, she's missing, no proof of life a year later and no body found - if this was a crime without any serious planning, if this was a crime of passion, rage, jealousy ... there would be a very different story being told in court.

This was planned, premeditated murder.

I really wasn't to know if there's ANY forensics! From the wet bed, the wet PJ top, the grave digger shovel ...

P.s ... if I was the prosecution ... I'd be playing the Dad guilt card on him - why would you want to hurt your children Mr Lacomba?
You can't turn back time but, if you tell the truth now then you still have hope that they can one day forgive you. Let them at least have a grave to visit for their Mum ...

I am also on the pre meditated side.
I don't think it was necessarily something he had planned for years - more like it was an idea that had started to develop in his mind over the last few months ( after SW moved back in May ) or possibly even over the last few weeks - but there was, for me, definite planning in what happened.
Main reasoning is that, despite his sometimes clumsy answers in the witness box, he has still managed to;

Kill a person without any discernible noise and without leaving any sign or trace of how he did this within the property.
Remove her body from that house - via the front door, which is the only exit and - even though he does not appear to be the fittest or strongest person - has carried or in some way transported that body to CP2.
Find a place for burial which has, so far, remained undetected despite extensive searching by the police and the community.

I don't think all of the above would have happened so easily ( for him ) without some forethought.

I think the bulk of those 2 hours were spent in digging and looks as though there's plenty of fairly dense woodland once he gets past Littlefields. Plus he would want to stop soonest and get the job done, so he could get back home before he was missed.

I think he had already dug the hole and spent the rest of the time filling it in and making it look undisturbed. I think he's planned this to get back at SW and also to hurt her son's for trying to buy him out.

I think it's spite against her son's because of his relationship with his mum and he's fully aware how much it would hurt him to be without her so he's tried to hurt them boys as bad as he could.

I'd like to know for definite when he purchased the grave digging shovel - and how much time it spent in the shed in the time before and after Sarah's disappearance, whether the kids noticed it etc.

Personally I do believe he at least prepped the burial site in advance and I'm still leaning towards the area around Wrotham transmitter as a burial site, that bridle path is literally on the A20 and I doubt LE have a lot of cctv from the area because they initially concentrated on the area much closer to Bazes Shaw so a lot of potential footage could have been overwritten by the time they worked out how far the car-identical-to-his-but-not-his :rolleyes: travelled that night, let alone in the days or weeks beforehand

This is the witness statement of the occupant some of you were trying to locate - post #645 (page 33) in thread 1.

Witness says last time Sarah was seen she was 'moody'

The witness, who cannot be named, described one of the last moments Sarah was seen before her disappearance.

The witness said Sarah “was a bit moody” one of the mornings before she disappeared.

The video played to a jury said: “She was kind of alientated from everyone.

“She was just a bit moody, she wasn’t normal.

“I could even tell that personally I didnt think she got a good night’s sleep.

“She had this weird face on her, I don’t know it was just really weird.”

Looking back now, I'm not actually certain it is the same witness who was up on the night of Sarah's disappearance.

Last edited:
This is the witness statement of the occupant some of you were trying to locate - post #645 (page 33) in thread 1.

Witness says last time Sarah was seen she was 'moody'

The witness, who cannot be named, described one of the last moments Sarah was seen before her disappearance.

The witness said Sarah “was a bit moody” one of the mornings before she disappeared.

The video played to a jury said: “She was kind of alientated from everyone.

“She was just a bit moody, she wasn’t normal.

“I could even tell that personally I didnt think she got a good night’s sleep.

“She had this weird face on her, I don’t know it was just really weird.”

Looking back now, I'm not actually certain it is the same witness who was up on the night of Sarah's disappearance.

@Tortoise you are a star! I use Websleuth on my phone and I used the search forum option and gave me zero! Thank you!

Yes! I feel that that testimony is from the now 13 year old - the walking in the night/wet bed testimony I feel like might be the younger child ... it 'could' be the older one but, it just feels like 2 different voices to me.
Would a 12/13 year old go looking for mum and dad then downstairs to watch tv at silly o'clock in the morning?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back