GUILTY UK - Sinead Wooding, 26, murdered, Leeds, West Yorkshire, 14 May 2017

A woman accused her husband of controlling her in the hours before she was killed, a jury heard.

Akshar Ali told Leeds Crown Court his wife Sinead Wooding drunkenly harangued him before storming out of a friend's kitchen and vanishing.

He said despite calling and texting her phone he never saw her again.

[...]

On 10 May the couple attended a get-together at Ms Ahmed's house. Mr Ali said his wife, who he claimed had consumed half a bottle of vodka, "went off on one" when she realised her best friend had not been invited.

"She started getting argumentative, saying that I was controlling her," he said.

The "aggressive" row, which was punctuated by a loud noise, culminated in Ms Wooding walking out.

Mr Ali described the "clattering bang" as the sound of a high chair being knocked to the floor.

Mr Ali said he expected to find his wife at home and that over the next few days he made repeated attempts to contact her, but to no avail.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-42284701

Looks like yesterday was cross-ex of Akshar Ali.
At Leeds Crown Court, Mr Ali rejected suggestions Ms Wooding was planning to leave him because he was too controlling.

Prosecutor Nicholas Campbell QC said: "You chose to exercise final control over your wife by murdering her with your best friend." Mr Ali said "No."

A pathologist's report said mother-of-four Ms Wooding, 26, had been beaten with a claw hammer and stabbed six times.

Her body was stored in a cellar for two days before being dumped and set on fire.

In the witness box, Mr Ali was accused with Ms Ahmed of a joint attack "upon a defenceless, intoxicated and incapacitated" Ms Wooding.

Referring to 10 hammers discovered by police at Mr Ali's family home, Mr Campbell asked: "Did you wield the hammer and Yasmin Ahmed the knife?"

Mr Ali responded: "I am not involved, so we are back to square one. I haven't done it."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-42331211

Another defendant giving evidence today by the looks of it:

Leeds 4 T20177361
T20177453
T20177447
Akshar Ali
Aktahr Bi
Asim Ali
Vicky Marie Briggs
Yasmin Ahmed
Details: - No Information To Display -
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 09:55
Trial (Part Heard) - Defendant Sworn - 10:09

http://www.thelawpages.com/court-hearings-lists/Leeds-Crown-Court.php

Akshar Ali, 27, was described at Leeds Crown Court as a "woman beater" who had a history of domestic violence against Sinead Wooding.

Co-accused Yasmin Ahmed told jurors Ms Wooding had shown her bruises on her body caused by Mr Ali.

Both deny murdering the 26-year-old, whose body was found dumped in woodland, at Ms Ahmed's home.

Ms Wooding had been beaten with a hammer, stabbed six times and set on fire.

Giving evidence at the trial, Ms Ahmed described Ms Wooding showing her injuries.

"Ali had hit her. One day he beat her up and he wasn't satisfied so he opened up the kitchen cupboard and whacked her on the head," she said.

"She didn't deserve a beating. She was pregnant at the same time."

Questioned by her defence counsel, Tahir Khan QC, Ms Ahmed said mother-of-four Ms Wooding, 26, sometimes retaliated. On one occasion she pushed Mr Ali down the stairs of their home.

She recalled: "I laughed. It was about time she got her revenge.

"I told Sinead to leave him. [The relationship] was more down than up. I don't like woman-beaters.

"If she had suffered any bruises at the hands of Ali she would ask me to take the children to school because she was embarrassed to show the bruises to anybody."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-42340956

Looks like yesterday was cross-ex of Akshar Ali.

Another defendant giving evidence today by the looks of it:

Leeds 4 T20177361
T20177453
T20177447
Akshar Ali
Aktahr Bi
Asim Ali
Vicky Marie Briggs
Yasmin Ahmed
Details: - No Information To Display -
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 09:55
Trial (Part Heard) - Defendant Sworn - 10:09

http://www.thelawpages.com/court-hearings-lists/Leeds-Crown-Court.php

Referring to 10 hammers discovered by police at Mr Ali's family home, Mr Campbell asked: "Did you wield the hammer and Yasmin Ahmed the knife?"

Seems they aren't sure which was the murder weapon, and they don't know who did what.

Could be difficult to prove, but we've not exactly had good reporting so perhaps it's clearer to the jury. I hope they don't get away with it just because they're both denying it. It seems YA might partly have an excuse by going into the kitchen after the bang was heard. Doesn't seem as if they know who stabbed her, prosecutor has a tough job here.

I see in the post after this she's playing the 'we were friends' card. How generous of her to allow AA to use her basement, that's what friends are for.

Asim Ali told Leeds Crown Court he received a succession of calls from his brother Akshar Ali, who is accused of murdering his wife Sinead Wooding, 26.

Mr Ali said his brother "was bugging me" to locate a hire car.

Michael Collins, defending Asim Ali, asked: "Did you know it was for the purpose of depositing a corpse?" Mr Ali replied, "No."

[...]

Asim Ali said he knew nothing of the fate of Ms Wooding when he was driven to Stairfoot Lane in north Leeds by Yasmin Ahmed. His brother, who was drunk, was "lying down" in the back.

The remote spot was where Ms Wooding's body had been dumped hours before.

Asked if he would have assisted with hiring a car had he known of the killing, Asim Ali replied: "No. I probably would have gone to the police."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-42400992

No idea what's happening here. Last in court Fri 22nd Dec. Three closing speeches for the defence done.

Maybe back on Monday?

No idea what's happening here. Last in court Fri 22nd Dec. Three closing speeches for the defence done.

Maybe back on Monday?
You'd think they would want to complete it ASAP while it's fresh in the jurors' minds. I suppose there might be difficulties with some parents with school holidays and Judge has left summing up to refresh everybody, as you say, on Monday.

Maybe tomorrow, can't see the jury wanting to come back next week.

Leeds 4 T20177361
T20177447
T20177453
Akshar Ali
Aktahr Bi
Asim Ali
Vicky Marie Briggs
Yasmin Ahmed
Details: Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 10:00
Trial (Part Heard) - Jury retire to consider verdict - 10:05
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 12:31
Trial (Part Heard) - Jury retire to consider verdict - 13:05
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 16:13
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 10:00 - 16:24

www.thelawpages.com/court-hearings-lists/Leeds-Crown-Court.php

I went past the court today, was tempted to pop in, is that even allowed?!

I went past the court today, was tempted to pop in, is that even allowed?!
Yes! Although while the jury's out you'd probably have to wait outside the courtroom and it could be a long wait.

Don't know how I missed it previously but, found this last night that I hadn't read before ... it leaves me dumbfounded as to how people can ever think they can 'get away with it' ...

"A jury heard that the cellar of the house had been swept and the walls wiped down.

There had also been an attempt to clean up a large bloodstain in the centre of the cellar floor.

Blood traces were also found on a mop head, a brush and other debris inside a wheelie bin. Ms Walton was able to link it to Ms Wooding via DNA profiling"

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-42114637

Yes! Although while the jury's out you'd probably have to wait outside the courtroom and it could be a long wait.

I might nip in and tell them to hurry up! You coming, LB?
(not really)
Surely he'll be found guilty, will be interesting to see how sentencing of the other 4 plays out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back