GUILTY UK - Star Hobson, 16 months, murdered, Sep 2020 *arrest*

Does anyone know which day SB tested positive for Covid, and if she is isolating for 10 or 14 days? I'm wondering if she'd be back in court in time for sentencing

FS’s barrister is bloody brilliant. I know SB’s barrister didn’t have much to work with, but the difference in skill, persuasion and analysing facts is like night and day.

The only bit FS’s barrister glossed over is the fact that she was clearly planning to let SB babysit Star again, but it never happened because Star was murdered first. That shows her willingness to put Star in harms way after she first had suspicions about SB after the 12th-14th September.

Given her low IQ and the element of domestic violence and coercive control, if FS is convicted of causing/allowing, the sentencing guidelines state she should get a smaller sentence, which I do think is fair in this case.

Its a shame she’s not on trial for child cruelty as there is a better case for that.

And have more babies no doubt..

unfortunately it seems inevitable that she will continue to attract predators because she is so pretty and dim, and will probably continue to pop out babies with them. I don’t know if it’s allowed but Star’s dad was violent too, FS obviously has a type.

Let’s hope she has a change of heart about not being gay, at least if she attracts female predators there won’t be endless baybees.

Taken me about two weeks to catch up on this after seeing it mentioned in the Arthur Labinjo-Hughes thread; that is some very detailed court reporting, all credit to the local press! Have to agree on the general feeling of SB guilty of murder and FS guilty on allowing the death of a child (I'd certainly hold her that far responsible, obvious as it is that she has some major intellectual difficulties).

I did find SB's barrister made one interesting point about the timing of the head injury, and Star showing signs of concussion the day after the ripped ticket incident, when SB was not present... I do find that one a possibility, however, even if FS was responsible there (and it's pure speculation that cannot be proved in any way), that still doesn't go to say that she'd then cause abdominal injuries for no obvious reason, days later; I'd still find SB the more likely, although "more likely" is not a good enough standard of proof. So that point might add some doubt in the case.

As a whole I think SB did it, and sounds like a nasty piece of work, but my goodness FS should never be allowed care of a living being again. I know people get all up in arms whenever mandatory contraception is suggested for certain groups, but she needs it IMO; too stupid and too selfish to have the slightest idea of how her behaviour affects her child, or to really care unless it's pointed out to her. Sadly that happened in the worst possible way, through the death of her child. In some ways I can relate; I'm self-centered, have mental health difficulties and wouldn't cope with a child... but I'm smart enough to know I'd be a terrible parent and had long-term contraception fitted. It's free on the NHS, problem solved.

But wasn’t the ticket incident on the 18th, and SB did in fact have contact with Star on the 17th/18th? So it still could have been SB. This contact could also explain injuries that happened 3-5 days before Star’s death.

I think SB’s barrister was really dishonest and said some outright false things I can’t believe she got away with. For example a picture of Star in the bath with fresh pink bruises on the 8th of September when the barrister claimed FS was on her own. But SB was there that day, and texted FS afterwards about Star’s reaction to her going home.

FS’s barrister is bloody brilliant. I know SB’s barrister didn’t have much to work with, but the difference in skill, persuasion and analysing facts is like night and day.

The only bit FS’s barrister glossed over is the fact that she was clearly planning to let SB babysit Star again, but it never happened because Star was murdered first. That shows her willingness to put Star in harms way after she first had suspicions about SB after the 12th-14th September.

Given her low IQ and the element of domestic violence and coercive control, if FS is convicted of causing/allowing, the sentencing guidelines state she should get a smaller sentence, which I do think is fair in this case.

Its a shame she’s not on trial for child cruelty as there is a better case for that.
I agree wholeheartedly- in fact I find myself nodding to every post you have written - both here and over at little Arthur's thread!
I think FS will get a low sentence. On the other hand SB will get a heavy one. She is an out and out who enjoys violence as a life style. She has brought shame to her community.

Hello everyone, long time lurker first time poster.

In agreement with above comments about the barristers, although defending SB must be an uphill battle just with the cctv before you even add in her performance in court and all other factors.

For me, SB is guilty of murder beyond reasonable doubt. To add onto what people have previously said about lies being based on truth (an excellent point and one I think is very relevant), there’s the recording of the 999 call which says that SB called FS into the room, I believe she was with Star when the fatal blow was delivered. We’ve heard about her also “choke slamming” the poor wee doll, I also wonder if after punching her in the abdomen, Star had doubled over and SB had then choke slammed her. It’s a horrendous thought but may also explain that there was indeed a loud bang.

This whole trial has been horrendous. I’m disappointed that we didn’t hear from SS (unless there’s still time for that to happen?); I’m a mental health nurse working with people in acute crisis in the community and I can’t imagine letting a patient fob me off like FS did.

I am surprised and shocked that Star and Frankie didn’t have a social worker since before Star was born. I thought teen pregnancy was one of the criteria for a referral for assessment, or am I wrong?

I am surprised and shocked that Star and Frankie didn’t have a social worker since before Star was born. I thought teen pregnancy was one of the criteria for a referral for assessment, or am I wrong?
I don’t get this either, especially considering the “chaotic” household FS was known to live in.

Who were the other children that were in the flat when Star died?

I don’t get this either, especially considering the “chaotic” household FS was known to live in.

Who were the other children that were in the flat when Star died?
Chaotic household, teen pregnancy, domestic violence, FS low IQ - all of that should have been enough to put Star on a child protection plan, even pre birth. This is another SCR I’m very interested in reading.

Obviously it’s too late now, but this seems another tragedy that could have been prevented.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back