Deceased/Not Found UK - Steven Clark, 23, disabled, Saltburn, Dec 1992

I watched his parents being interviewed on the local news yesterday teatime. Such a strange disappearance hence why I am following this as Im interested on how it progresses.

Now, speaking after they had been informed they would not face charges following their shock arrest, Mr and Mrs Clark, aged 78 and 81 respectively, said the last five months had been “mental torture”.

She said: "It has not really sunk in yet. I am sure tomorrow we will be feeling more completely ecstatic. It is a good thing to have happened."
Missing man’s parents released after arrest

Steven Clark: Missing man's parents say murder arrest 'was hell'

Speaking about their arrest, Mr Clark said his wife was accused of murdering Steven while he was alleged to have buried him in the garden at the family home.

"They dug everything up," he said.

"They moved the shed and everything.

"The police have got a job to do, Why they pick on us, I haven't got a clue. Why it took so long to free us, I don't know."

Cleveland Police has declined to comment.

Mrs Clark said the couple were held in police cells, an experience she described as "scary" and "ludicrous".

"How did they know he had been murdered? As far as we know there's no evidence," she said.

BBM

Charles and Doris Clark are furious about their flowerbeds, among other things

Charles, 78, is cross that he has been unable to get behind his garden shed or use the rotary washing line

‘In the interview, they were aggressive. They said to me: “You killed your son. You are a murderer! You are a violent woman and a murderer!”

Her husband is still livid. ‘They treated us appallingly

It’s taken 17 weeks for them to say: “We got it wrong.”

Actually, Cleveland Police haven’t said this.

Police dug up our garden, but they won't find our son - because we didn't kill him | Daily Mail Online

Most weekends, Steven went with his father to watch their football team, Middlesbrough, play. This Saturday he did not.

‘Charles had said it was about time Steven paid for his own ticket. Steven, being tight, wouldn’t. He decided not to go. We regret that now.’

So as Charles headed to the match, Steven and his mum went for a walk along the beach to neighbouring Saltburn, about two miles away. ‘He could walk that far,’ she stresses.

Police dug up our garden, but they won't find our son - because we didn't kill him | Daily Mail Online

Saturday was December 26 - Steven went missing on December 28

This bit about hiding his body made me shiver...

"They thought they’d find Steven — or his remains — and of course they didn’t. And they won’t: not because we’ve hidden his body well but because we didn’t kill our son"

"Charles had said it was about time Steven paid for his own ticket. Steven, being tight, wouldn’t. He decided not to go. We regret that now."
"If he came up the path now I think I’d give him a good slap, then a big hug"

...Earlier in the interview, they said that Steven hadn't been able to find a job, yet they describe him as "tight"when unable to go to the football. In fact all the way through the interview they use very negative terms about him, but they are very concerned about the state of the garden.

The reporter says..."When I get in touch to arrange this interview, they talk about how they are enjoying a bottle of champagne to toast the news that they will not be charged" :confused:

She is irritated, too, that police seemed to make much of some muddled memories from that time. ‘It all happened on the Saturday after Christmas and they asked what we got Steven for Christmas. Who could remember that?’ says Doris. ‘I’d have got socks,’ quips Charles.

I would think that Christmas should have been ingrained in their memories ,certainly the last presents they gave Steven and what he gave them .

She is irritated, too, that police seemed to make much of some muddled memories from that time. ‘It all happened on the Saturday after Christmas and they asked what we got Steven for Christmas. Who could remember that?’ says Doris. ‘I’d have got socks,’ quips Charles.

I would think that Christmas should have been ingrained in their memories ,certainly the last presents they gave Steven and what he gave them .

Agree completely. You would never forget those memories.

Also -why are they talking about the disappearance happening on the Saturday. All other reports have said Steven * disappeared * on Monday December 28.

Agree completely. You would never forget those memories.

Also -why are they talking about the disappearance happening on the Saturday. All other reports have said Steven * disappeared * on Monday December 28.

I wondered that too. Did Doris make a big slip up and
Steven actually did ' disappear' on the Saturday or has the reporter mis quoted her.

"Charles had said it was about time Steven paid for his own ticket. Steven, being tight, wouldn’t. He decided not to go. We regret that now."
"If he came up the path now I think I’d give him a good slap, then a big hug"
Why would you even address this (rumour of Steven and his Dad arguing over a football ticket) unless you felt you had to explain it away?

Why would you even address this (rumour of Steven and his Dad arguing over a football ticket) unless you felt you had to explain it away?

It would be a bit coincidence if this was the first time ever
Steven did not accompany his Dad to the football ,particularly over Christmas when he could have been given a ticket as a present or Steven could have been given money by relatives as a gift.
Steven had also been awarded money for being apprentice of the year.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back