UK - Stuart Lubbock, raped & killed, Michael Barrymore mansion, Essex, 31 Jan 2001 *arrest in 2021*

Sorry internet playing up and down so can't post a link.

There's a piece in The Sun today about the case.

Possibly MB was spoken to last week.

Can anyone pull the link so everyone can read it please. It will be in other papers too.

Thank you.

Here you go:
Michael Barrymore quizzed again over Stuart Lubbock’s death in his pool

It's a bit thin.
'It is thought' Michael Barrymore spoke to Essex Police officers last week.
The man who was arrested previously was released without charge.
Stuart Lubbock's ex-wife says: 'The police have good evidence. I think things are going to go further.'

That's it really.

All at that 'party' knew what went on and I imagine got off on watching the injuries that this man had inflicted on him.

I still think that two were involved in the killing. Stuart had fingermark bruising at IIRC the tops of both shoulders. Made me think someone held him whilst someone violated him, taking his life. JMO.

Somewhere in the documentary it was stated that there was a lot of blood on the cloth he was wrapped in, around his buttocks - which to me means fresh blood/bleeding. If he had been in the pool for long it seems that the pool would have also had blood in it?

Somewhere in the documentary it was stated that there was a lot of blood on the cloth he was wrapped in, around his buttocks - which to me means fresh blood/bleeding. If he had been in the pool for long it seems that the pool would have also had blood in it?

Yet as far as we know, there was no blood in the pool JMO because the media hasn't told us about anything about it.

My theory is that Stuart was killed on the ground, by two people. JMO

It's quite a while since I watched the documentary so think I'll revisit.

Thank you moonriverfarm for giving me a nudge. I'll make time today to search for and watch that doc.

If I remember, witnesses as in the party people at the house said Stuart was found in the pool and he was brought out by them.

By the time any third parties or authorities arrived, Stuart was out of the pool.

My personal opinion is that if he was in the pool at any point, it was part of a cover up. I think they just made him wet on the pool side myself.

If I remember, witnesses as in the party people at the house said Stuart was found in the pool and he was brought out by them.

By the time any third parties or authorities arrived, Stuart was out of the pool.

My personal opinion is that if he was in the pool at any point, it was part of a cover up. I think they just made him wet on the pool side myself.

Yes you're quite right it's one big cover up. If you get a chance look at the autopsies that we're carried out.
I have no link here so JMO that only 1st autopsy said drowning was cause of death. The othe 4 reported no signs of drowning when they checked the lungs.

I spent time listening to this

Quite interesting but graphic but it is talk of damage done plus possible evidence of other injuries.

Essex Police said a file had been submitted to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS).

The CPS said it has "provided ongoing support" to police.

Taken from the link in the above post. A file had infact been submitted to CPS but Police want "early advice", no doubt because they want to move quickly on this case.

Essex Police said a file had been submitted to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS).

The CPS said it has "provided ongoing support" to police.

Taken from the link in the above post. A file had infact been submitted to CPS but Police want "early advice", no doubt because they want to move quickly on this case.

Excuse me, my bad, I was reading in haste and reading two different sources at the time, although I only posted one.

It also says: " This stage of the process, which could last weeks, will not end with a charging decision", which would ordinarily be the point of passing a file to the CPS. So imho, this is a different, slower process than usual. I'm not sure of either the reasons for that or the implications of it.

Any progress in this case is good though.

JMO

Excuse me, my bad, I was reading in haste and reading two different sources at the time, although I only posted one.

It also says: " This stage of the process, which could last weeks, will not end with a charging decision", which would ordinarily be the point of passing a file to the CPS. So imho, this is a different, slower process than usual. I'm not sure of either the reasons for that or the implications of it.

Any progress in this case is good though.

JMO
Very confusing. I have not followed this case for a while, but has there been a Coroners Inquest?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back