UK UK - Suzy Lamplugh, 25, Fulham, 28 Jul 1986 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ex detective who says the Met have never followed up his findings naming another suspect .
He believes the idea that Suzy met a client, 'Mr Kipper', at a house viewing and was abducted by him is completely wrong.

He said he had discovered she did not have the keys to conduct this viewing and could not have entered the premises.

This is what the cps said.

Quote: Stuart Sampson, Special case work lawyer, CPS 1991-2010 -"No direct evidence linking the suspect to the victim ( Cannan to Suzi Lamplugh) no body so not a realistic possibility of a conviction"

I'm not easily persuaded .
And yet the police have never indicated having found SJL's or Cannan's fingerprints inside 37SR. Had they done so, we'd know all about it. The obvious inference is that they've no tangible evidence she was ever there. The evidence for SJL going there is the police's opinion that HR saw her, and the evidence that Cannan was there is the police's opinion that the artist's impression looks like him. No actual witness agrees. We hear so much about the sketch because it's all they've got.

Cannan has been reported by eye witnesses to his other crimes to be between 5'6" and 5'10" tall. This would make him too short to have moved her car's seat into the position in which it was found. Probably he would not have needed to move the seat at all.

It would be colossally embarrassing for the police if she were to be found 37 years later in a park right next to where her car was left, and that was supposedly thoroughly searched at the time. I wonder how they'll try to pin it on Cannan? I can't see them letting go of that.

The Parole Board has confirmed the 69-year-old convicted sex attacker's scheduled parole hearing was adjourned and has yet to be relisted

I thought he was reported to be on his deathbed last year ?

I think he's been reported to have pulled through although I can't verify that and lord knows if it was ever true he was on his 'deathbed' as certain UK tabloids cannot be believed on the subject of anything IMO. Could have been one visit to the prison hospital during covid times or something...

On JC as a master criminal, in the Shirley Banks case:
1. He left her car tax disc in his own car.
2. Then the actual car in his own garage.
3. Her handbag in the bins at the rear of his flat.
4. Finger print inside his flat.

If he’s responsible for Sandra Court, he left a car park ticket in his borrowed car. Then a trail of her belongings on his way back to London.

Then there’s the silly reg number SLP386S, IMO this doesn’t refer to Suzy at all. More like a poor attempt at a grid reference to Dead Women’s Ditch.

Is this really the master criminal that made SJL disappear so completely.

I don’t think so.

On JC as a master criminal, in the Shirley Banks case:
1. He left her car tax disc in his own car.
It's even worse than that Terry. He didn't just drive around unobtrusively, avoid attracting attention and keep a low profile with SB's tax disc inexplicably in the glovebox. He went out committing further crimes in a car registered and traceable to himself, with SB's tax disc inexplicably in the glovebox.

So if his behaviour got him caught threatening women, the first thing a check of his car would reveal is where he lived, and the tax disc then connects him to a female disappearance. What an utter, utter tool. Master criminal my bottom.

Then there’s the silly reg number SLP386S, IMO this doesn’t refer to Suzy at all. More like a poor attempt at a grid reference to Dead Women’s Ditch.
The supposition that this somehow referred to SJL requires the assumption that he had committed three murders in 1986 and decided to commemorate this by faking a number plate in 1987. There is no evidence he killed anyone in 1986, or indeed before 1987.

Google SL and JCs pic comes up.

I believed the police's 'we have our man' narrative but as the years have went on with cases, revelations and information regarding the police coming to light, that is now no longer the case.

Everytime a senior police person is on the news now, they are always apologisng for their latest failing .... :(

Google SL and JCs pic comes up.

I believed the police's 'we have our man' narrative but as the years have went on with cases, revelations and information regarding the police coming to light, that is now no longer the case.

Everytime a senior police person is on the news now, they are always apologisng for their latest failing .... :(
I suspect a lot of us were like that, its reading on here , reading the books and watching the docus's that swayed me away from JC. Listening to the CPS lawyer telling us the two cannot be placed together means imo there's lots of doubt.

Listening to the CPS lawyer telling us the two cannot be placed together means imo there's lots of doubt.
It is this detail that tells me there is no evidence of either SJL or JC inside 37SR. If there were, that would prove the necessary connection, because when / how else could JC's fingerprints have got inside the house? It could only have been via the supposed viewing.

Thus no viewing, thus no HR sighting. Back to square one.

On a lighter note while having lunch at home my wife had an old Netflix movie on.
The villain was a conman targeting women, drove a dark blue BMW and was a dead ringer for Mr Kipper.
Just like the real plod it took a long time to catch this villain even though he actually existed and wasn’t a mythical creation.

IF YOU CAN NOT PROVIDE A SOURCE LINK VERIFYING THE INFORMATION YOU INTRODUCE ON THIS THREAD AS FACT, YOU SIMPLY CAN NOT POST IT OR DISCUSS IT. If you come across a violation of this, or any other rule, report it to staff rather than respond to it.

On a lighter note while having lunch at home my wife had an old Netflix movie on.
The villain was a conman targeting women, drove a dark blue BMW and was a dead ringer for Mr Kipper.
Just like the real plod it took a long time to catch this villain even though he actually existed and wasn’t a mythical creation.
Didn’t realise that you needed to quote a fictional movie as a source?

Don't think it was aimed at you, the 'offending' posts appear to have been removed.
Yes they all have been removed.

May I personally just take this opportunity to praise the police on their handling of the SL case. It has been obvious from the off, this has been an example of exceptional detective work at it's finest.

And for anyone to say otherwise, they deserve to have their musings deleted. Keep up the good work! :)

Yes they all have been removed.

May I personally just take this opportunity to praise the police on their handling of the SL case. It has been obvious from the off, this has been an example of exceptional detective work at it's finest.

And for anyone to say otherwise, they deserve to have their musings deleted. Keep up the good work! :)
Completely agree. The diligence, open mindedness, avoidance of groupthink or confirmation bias, the rigorous observance of the highest standards of evidence collection and preservation, the high quality and calibre of thought, and the relentless and unbiased pursuit of justice are a tremendous credit to all involved. The Met are a team you would always want on your side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member