UK UK - Suzy Lamplugh, 25, Fulham, 28 Jul 1986 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree. The diligence, open mindedness, avoidance of groupthink or confirmation bias, the rigorous observance of the highest standards of evidence collection and preservation, the high quality and calibre of thought, and the relentless and unbiased pursuit of justice are a tremendous credit to all involved. The Met are a team you would always want on your side.
Are we talking of the MET that last week received a highly critical report, thats not to say any of the Lamplugh team are of the report, but do belong to the said police force.

Are we talking of the MET that last week received a highly critical report, thats not to say any of the Lamplugh team are of the report, but do belong to the said police force.

One and the same I think, however, just how the report reached these conclusions is beyond me.
As previously stated the Mets record is of the same consistently high standard, never appearing to deviate.
A credit to the old school training process.

There are rotten apples in every police force, wasn't there a corrupt crime squad in the West Midlands sometime?

One and the same I think, however, just how the report reached these conclusions is beyond me.
As previously stated the Mets record is of the same consistently high standard, never appearing to deviate.
A credit to the old school training process.
Like the Macpherson Report and the Daniel Morgan Independent Panel, this report has clearly got hold of the wrong end of the stick. and will no doubt be treated appropriately.

Pinkizzy is right - just because there is the odd unrepresentative bad apple, such as the head of the force, it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the rest of it.

There are rotten apples in every police force, wasn't there a corrupt crime squad in the West Midlands sometime?
Tut tut! Pinkizzy you know that you should be primarily pro-law enforcement!

Please don't bash law enforcement. Also any speculation, insinuations of coverup, corruption or conspiracies should have a main-stream media link! :)

Yes they all have been removed.

May I personally just take this opportunity to praise the police on their handling of the SL case. It has been obvious from the off, this has been an example of exceptional detective work at it's finest.

And for anyone to say otherwise, they deserve to have their musings deleted. Keep up the good work! :)
The posts I was referring to were regarding 'something' happening soon in Fulham, they're the 1s I'd noticed had gone.

Assuming some others been removed too then.

I'd be quite surprised if anything were to turn up in Fulham, as the locale speculated about was right next to where the car was found, and was an obvious and immediate search site at the time.

I do wonder though whether dogs could have been used to work out where the driver went. Presumably there are dogs that could do this, but they'd need to be available and you'd have to secure the site first. In what was simply a missing person case, I guess neither would have obtained.

What if the person, putting forward the updates was actually the perpetrator?

I'd be quite surprised if anything were to turn up in Fulham, as the locale speculated about was right next to where the car was found, and was an obvious and immediate search site at the time.

I do wonder though whether dogs could have been used to work out where the driver went. Presumably there are dogs that could do this, but they'd need to be available and you'd have to secure the site first. In what was simply a missing person case, I guess neither would have obtained.
Unlikely as the car was probably parked there as early as 12.40 and as late as 5pm.
As it was not discovered until 10pm there’d have been so much footfall poor dog would have no chance.
I still think the use of dogs on the railway embankment behind the PoW pub is the best chance DV has of proving his book is correct.

It makes one wonder if the couple supposedly seen outside 37SR were a clever piece of misdirection.

There are no reported signs of SJL having been inside, eg fingerprints. She could not have avoided leaving fingerprints inside if she really had conducted a viewing. They would be on door handles, light switches, banister rails, worktops, and so on. If there were loads but we just don't know about it, certainly the CPS at least would have been told. The CPS, however, have said there is no evidence linking SJL to JC. They wouldn't have said this if there were her and his fingerprints inside 37SR. I infer there are not and hence neither of them was ever there.

So the hunt should have ignored 37SR from the outset, because it's clear by deduction that she was never there. But if you sent a couple of accomplices to turn up and get noticed there, you may persuade a suggestible investigations team that she really did go there. If you do that, and they release that assertion into the public domain, that becomes the narrative - and it still is to this day. Meanwhile, nobody who saw anything weird happening several miles away is going to speak up because they've already been told where she last was and it's not in (eg) Acton or Chelsea.

OK it's a bit of a conspiracy theory, but for someone to disappear essentially without trace, there really does seem to have been some sort of conspiracy.

There's no reason the viewer would leave any fingerprints in the house, especially if he had criminal intentions. He would avoid touching anything.

The viewer could probably manage to avoid leaving prints but did SJL leave any? If not, she wasn't there.
Was 37sr ever forensically investigated ?, and why, its not like its a scene of a crime, was the house furnished ? upturned furniture , blood splatter etc, unless SL's fingerprints were on file how could they be separated ? in reality all that links the house to any crime is the diary entry, the car and the situation it was found in is a puzzle .But JC and SJL cannot be placed together and dare say nor can anyone else.JMO.

It makes one wonder if the couple supposedly seen outside 37SR were a clever piece of misdirection.

There are no reported signs of SJL having been inside, eg fingerprints. She could not have avoided leaving fingerprints inside if she really had conducted a viewing. They would be on door handles, light switches, banister rails, worktops, and so on. If there were loads but we just don't know about it, certainly the CPS at least would have been told. The CPS, however, have said there is no evidence linking SJL to JC. They wouldn't have said this if there were her and his fingerprints inside 37SR. I infer there are not and hence neither of them was ever there.

So the hunt should have ignored 37SR from the outset, because it's clear by deduction that she was never there. But if you sent a couple of accomplices to turn up and get noticed there, you may persuade a suggestible investigations team that she really did go there. If you do that, and they release that assertion into the public domain, that becomes the narrative - and it still is to this day. Meanwhile, nobody who saw anything weird happening several miles away is going to speak up because they've already been told where she last was and it's not in (eg) Acton or Chelsea.

OK it's a bit of a conspiracy theory, but for someone to disappear essentially without trace, there really does seem to have been some sort of conspiracy.
We are in the position of knowing what happened and the media coverage that followed.
However, if you look at this from the perpetrator viewpoint, how is he to envisage that this amount of attention would follow.
On the 28th July 1986 Suzy Lamplugh was just an estate agent employed by Sturgis.
People go missing all the time, but don’t get this level of attention.
IMO based on what we know, two people, one blonde and a male were waiting for Suzy at 37 Shorrolds Road.
They are the couple that the various witnesses saw, not Suzy, she never got as far as Shorrolds Road.
The only facts we have in this case is that Suzy left the Sturgis office at lunchtime and was never seen again.
As the office did not have a clock we can’t even be sure exactly what time she left.
Her car being found in Stevenage Road at 10.03pm is the only other factual evidence.
Again IMO the way this vital piece of evidence was treated is criminal, it should have been preserved.
Any narrative we look at needs to be based on these two facts, as they are the only concrete things we know for sure.

I still believe John Cannan is the most likely suspect and he just got extremely lucky that day.

Was 37sr ever forensically investigated ?, and why, its not like its a scene of a crime, was the house furnished ? upturned furniture , blood splatter etc, unless SL's fingerprints were on file how could they be separated ? in reality all that links the house to any crime is the diary entry, the car and the situation it was found in is a puzzle .But JC and SJL cannot be placed together and dare say nor can anyone else.JMO.
Apparently it was forensicated, but not until the next day. The presence or otherwise of her fingerprints cannot have been known about by 2pm on the Tuesday. But that was when the press conference took place at which the police announced that SJL had been seen at 37SR. This was not what their star witness had said, and it was before they had checked other evidence that might have undermined this claim - fingerprints inside, the whereabouts of the actual keys, and so on.

The obvious reason to forensicate it would be that if she really went there, then you'd want to know who else did so, too. It would be trivial to obtain her fingerprints. They'd be on her desk phone, or on items in her handbag, or on personal belongings such as her diary and cheque book - they would be obtainable from something.

I recall hearing / reading, but cannot for the life of me recall where, that the house was fingerprinted and no trace of her found. It would be completely perverse, if her prints were found inside along with Cannan's, for the CPS to insist that there was no evident link between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrigokurita