Found Deceased UK - Thomas, 27, last seen around 2am leaving Ciros nightclub, Market Street in Ashby-de-la-Zouch to walking home

MsMiniSleuth

Reaction score
We are growing concerned for the safety of Thomas who is missing from South Derbyshire.

Thomas was last seen at around 2am on Sunday 10 December, leaving Ciros nightclub on Market Street in Ashby-de-la-Zouch and was walking home to Newhall in Swadlincote.

The 27-year-old is described as white with strawberry blonde hair, he is well built and was wearing a black Stone Island jumper, blue jeans and black Valentino trainers.

Anyone that has seen Thomas or who knows of his whereabouts is asked to contact us using the methods below and quoting incident number 884 of 10 December.

• Website – We have crime reporting tools on our website: use our online contact form
• Facebook – send us a private message to the Derbyshire Constabulary Facebook page
• Twitter – direct message our contact centre via @DerPolContact
• Phone – call us on 101

You can also anonymously contact the independent charity CrimeStoppers, on 0800 555 111, or by visiting the CrimeStoppers website.

Screenshot_20231210-222858_Facebook-01.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s quite quick for the police to issue an appeal and say they are ‘concerned’ - they usually want nothing to do with a case until at least 24 hours.

I feel there’s probably something that has caused the police to act quickly - possibly known mental health issues Etc MOO

Also this is far away from home to go to a club - was he planning on staying with friends? I can’t see it being planned to do this long walk back home at 2am in the freezing cold.

It’s quite quick for the police to issue an appeal and say they are ‘concerned’ - they usually want nothing to do with a case until at least 24 hours.

I feel there’s probably something that has caused the police to act quickly - possibly known mental health issues Etc MOO

Also this is far away from home to go to a club - was he planning on staying with friends? I can’t see it being planned to do this long walk back home at 2am in the freezing cold.
My local police force have issued missing persons appeals after merely a few hours of the person going missing and do so regularly. The risk factor here is likely because he was due home, likely vulnerable through drink and possibly a lack of contact with friends and family.

This unfortunately happens so often around Christmas time, often they go missing on a night out and close to a body of water..

Its not important but does anyone know why they didn't release his surname? I have seen the sad news on FB
but no MSM to confirm it

#UPDATE | A body believed to be that of missing man Thomas has been found near Ashby-de-la-Zouch.

The 27-year-old was found just after 8.30am today off Burton Road, near the town.

While formal identification is yet to place Thomas’ family are aware and our thoughts are with them at this time.

Further enquiries are being made into the circumstances of Thomas’ death and these are being led by Leicestershire Police.

Burton Rd is very rural in places, little pavement and no street lighting. Wonder if this has been a factor, doesn't seem to be any water along side it.

1000005542.png

Oh my goodness how tragic.
@Lucy6226 it seems your earlier comment was probably spot on.

I hope the person who did this does the right thing now and comes forward.

Last edited:
I'm hoping the driver hasn't come forward because they thought they'd hit an animal, however they will know by now it was a person :(

No doubt there will be some damage to their car which will help police identify the driver.

RIP Thomas

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astridAnthony
Back