UK - US Diplomat's wife leaves UK after killing Harry Dunn, age 19, Northampton, Sept 2019 *suspended sentence*

So she isn't the wife of a diplomat then? Thread title change needed.

Not much of a spy either if she cannot remember to drive on the left in the UK. Cover blown immediately.

So not a diplomat means no diplomatic immunity either then.

So she isn't the wife of a diplomat then? Thread title change needed.

Not much of a spy either if she cannot remember to drive on the left in the UK. Cover blown immediately.

So not a diplomat means no diplomatic immunity either then.
As far as I know, it's been claimed that her husband had some kind of diplomatic status while he was working in the UK, and there are different levels of immunity depending of what kind of diplomatic status a person (and their dependents) have, and I haven't seen that the US have clarified in any way AS husband's status while he was in the UK, if his wife can claim immunity from having done a criminal act.

As far as I know, it's been claimed that her husband had some kind of diplomatic status while he was working in the UK, and there are different levels of immunity depending of what kind of diplomatic status a person (and their dependents) have, and I haven't seen that the US have clarified in any way AS husband's status while he was in the UK, if his wife can claim immunity from having done a criminal act.

Harry Dunn family criticise Raab after Sacoolas CIA revelation

"The Foreign Office has not formally confirmed that Sacoolas worked for the CIA, and it is likely British officials would regard it as improper to disclose the identity of CIA agents to members of the British public even in this highly sensitive and unusual situation.

Seiger said the family had asked Raab directly whether there was anything in Sacoolas’s background that could explain the US government determination to protect her. According to Seiger, he said she was a former state department employee, a form of words that masked the motive for the US government determination to keep her out of the courts."

"Seiger said: “The news had floored the family since it was a question they had been asking of the Foreign Office directly. The parents have looked Dominic Raab directly in the eye and asked him across a table: is she more than a spouse? I am afraid he has failed in his duty of candour.”

Seiger said Raab merely confirmed she had worked for the state department, but he added: “Working for the state department and being a CIA officer are in my mind two completely different things, and totally germane to the issue."

So she was a former State Department employee but her last visit here was as a spouse of a State Department employee. That appears to be all that is being said by the Raab, Foreign Secretary. (State Department employees can just be Embassy staff IME)

‘Fugitive on the run’: Interpol issues WANTED notice for wife of US diplomat over crash that killed UK teen

RT is Russia Today. It is like Voice of America for the U.S. It is a state sponsored news site. That being said, depending upon the topic the quality of content can be quite high. Every news site requires some level of filtering for bias. It is the nature of news reporting in this era.

Also, INTERPOL is not a law enforcement agency in itself. Arrests for someone with a wanted notice will require a national agency to execute an arrest if that country acknowledges the notice.

Here is what INTERPOL says about a Red Notice:
About Red Notices

Last edited:
The US has said its decision to refuse an extradition request for Harry Dunn's alleged killer was final.

US extradition refusal over Dunn crash 'final'

Her life's ruined anyway; everyone has seen her for what she is. She probably wouldn't haven't got a prison sentence or her face all over the papers if she's stayed in the UK. She made her bed and she will have to lie in it knowing that future generations of Sacoolas that google the family name for ever more will know that grandma/great grandma was a gutless coward.

Her life's ruined anyway; everyone has seen her for what she is. She probably wouldn't haven't got a prison sentence or her face all over the papers if she's stayed in the UK. She made her bed and she will have to lie in it knowing that future generations of Sacoolas that google the family name for ever more will know that grandma/great grandma was a gutless coward.

Indeed, but on the other hand I wonder how much freedom she really had to do so? She is CIA, her husband NSA, perhaps not much room for her to manoeuvre. She appeared willing to help with enquires before the state department ordered her home and is now covering for her.

Now the UK government have closed the loophole that made it possible for Anne Sacoolas to leave the UK after the crash that killed Harry Dunn. Let's see if that will make it possible to bring her back to the UK to face a trial.
Harry Dunn death: UK closes loophole that let accused claim immunity

It won't. IMHO, but they will be able to point to it as "strong, resolute, considered action to protect the rights of UK citizens while respecting the Special Relationship...." pifflewafflepifflewaffle, as John Crace of The Guardian would say. I do think it's an important step, but view it more as the appearance of action rather than action itself insofar as the Dunn family is concerned. I don't see the present US State Dept. ever agreeing to extradite Sacoolas or even allowing her to be questioned in detail/ under caution about the events of that night, though I'd love to be wrong about that.

Harry Dunn: ministers urged to consider 'virtual trial' for Anne Sacoolas

"In a letter to the home secretary, Priti Patel, on Monday, seen by the PA Media news agency, the Dunn family’s constituency MP, Andrea Leadsom, described a virtual trial as a “way to achieve closure ... without undermining the US decision not to accept the extradition request”."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back