Underground tunnels in Portland

This was an early lead on June 4.

10:44 p.m. A caller to 9-1-1 wants to make sure officers have checked the train tunnel in the area near the school. She says "sometimes kids play in there, wants to make sure someone has checked that."

Where is this tunnel?How far away from the school is it?Walking distance?May I please ask if someone has a picture of it?

Hey, where did you get that quote? Was that on a 911 report website? -)

Here is my photobucket of Cornelius Pass Rd which includes pictures
of the "east" end of the tunnel.

As you can see, you cannot walk down the road to the tunnel...

The terrain has deep ravines and is hilly and full of brush, I do not think it
would be a simple easy stroll adding that there is private property (fences) between the school and the tunnel entrance.

Hope this helps..=)
http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t166/ubrmel/KYRON/skyline corn pass rock quarry in order/

And I still want to know if they ever searched Rainbow Lake. It is something like 5.8 miles away from the school and IIRC the grid search only went to 5 miles from the school (not counting Sauvie Isle of course.)

I can say that early on they did search at least around the lake..
I do not know about "in" the lake..
I do not have a link, I can only say that I know so as a verified local =)

would be a simple easy stroll adding that there is private property (fences) between the school and the tunnel entrance.

Hope this helps..=)
http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t166/ubrmel/KYRON/skyline%20corn%20pass%20rock%20quarry%20in%20order/
Whoopsy forgot to put the link in.It's all good and fixed now.Whew.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_chronology_of_eve.html

Hope this helps..=)
http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t166/ubrmel/KYRON/skyline corn pass rock quarry in order/
Thank you.You would have to drive to it?I'm confused.Why would the caller think kids play there?

How far away is it from the school?Is the east end of that tunnel nearest the school?I'm sorry.I do not know anything about Oregon at all.

Thank you.You would have to drive to it?I'm confused.Why would the caller think kids play there?

I honestly do not know what end of the tunnel that 911 call was referencing, but yes, you could literally walk down Cornelius Pass Rd to each entrance (I don't think anybody would, it's a heavily traveled road and no room for peds)
and there is no clear "path" through the woods and private property from the school down to the tunnel entrance down by the hairpin curves.

I imagine the caller meant local children that live near the tunnel, or teens that go to the area of the tunnel to "party".
After the large fire in the tunnel years back Pacific and Western RR installed thermal and motion cameras in the tunnel (and I believe around it, they obviously cannot disclose where they are at) so if anyone was in that tunnel that night I can guarantee without a doubt, the railroad would have known.

I honestly do not know what end of the tunnel that 911 call was referencing, but yes, you could literally walk down Cornelius Pass Rd to each entrance (I don't think anybody would, it's a heavily traveled road and no room for peds)
and there is no clear "path" through the woods and private property from the school down to the tunnel entrance down by the hairpin curves.

I imagine the caller meant local children that live near the tunnel, or teens that go to the area of the tunnel to "party".
After the large fire in the tunnel years back Pacific and Western RR installed thermal and motion cameras in the tunnel (and I believe around it, they obviously cannot disclose where they are at) so if anyone was in that tunnel that night I can guarantee without a doubt, the railroad would have known.
Thank you for helping me.Do you have pictures of the area you just said? "tunnel entrance down by the hairpin curves."" That's not the east end?

HMMMM.I wonder if they do have video of that day or night?

Thank you for helping me.Do you have pictures of the area you just said? "tunnel entrance down by the hairpin curves."" That's not the east end?

HMMMM.I wonder if they do have video of that day or night?

Hi Ms Suzanne, In post #57 above I posted a map originally given to us by Free on another thread last August.

You will notice that Cornelius Pass Rd does make a hairpin turn right over the tunnel. And you can see the school on that map. It is just a few minutes drive away.

I just don't know where the entrance to that tunnel is. You wouldn't think the tracks would just stop. No, the tracks must come out of the tunnel to run on the top of the ground, right? Anyone know?

xox

Hi Ms Suzanne, In post #57 above I posted a map originally given to us by Free on another thread last August.

You will notice that Cornelius Pass Rd does make a hairpin turn right over the tunnel. And you can see the school on that map. It is just a few minutes drive away.

I just don't know where the entrance to that tunnel is. You wouldn't think the tracks would just stop. No, the tracks must come out of the tunnel to run on the top of the ground, right? Anyone know?

xox

There is a picture in my photobucket, http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t166/ubrmel/KYRON/skyline corn pass rock quarry in order/

There are pictures a little bit closer in the album of the entrance but you cannot get that close..

here I'll put a pic here -) This shows the entrance of the tunnel and up to the right is Cornelius Pass Road as it goes "down" the hill...

IMG_7011-1.jpg

Thanks Free for that wonderful photo above.

I was just researching to find the home built up on that hill somewhere by the man who was the heir to the Meir fortune, of Meir and Frank. It is very contemporary, haven't found it on the web yet, but wanted to share a photo {if it works ;} of Forest Park:
5161676_16b63c1011.jpg

At least we all now have a feeling for the area Kyron went missing from - wildly beautiful with vast stretches of high firs and lonely roads. For me being able to see the area where they have searched for the victim, set against the lazy marshland of Sauvie Island, it sets a basis for me on which to build the case. It puts me right into the area mentally and the case comes alive for studying. Like balancing the neighborhood around Laci's house in Modesto against the cold black water of San Francisco Bay.

Krams

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back