Mexico Unidentified US-Mexico Border Project

Okay I have found an email contact for a group in Mexico that is helping families that have lost loved ones while trying to cross the border. I want to send them a message and make them aware of the number of unidentifieds that we have here in the US and offer to help but I am unsure of how to word a message of that sort. Writing has never been my strong point if anyone could help with that I would greatly appreciate it.

agik4-cxs4y.jpg

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I came across this one that really caught my attention in particular the print on this shirt. From what I have researched this is coding for quality control certification in the automotive industry. Also found with this deceased were two Mexico ID cards one with the name Rosauro Roblero Aguilar and the other Leonardo Jimenez Vazquez. He was found in an abandoned house on the Tohono O'Odham Reservation. It just seems odd to me that he would have two different ID's, also I have never seen those certifications before I wonder if it would be possible to track down what place of emplyment they would have came from. Maybe a car parts manufacturing facility in Mexico or some other car related business that would have quality control certificates?

That is one of the problems I am running into I don't think there is a database of missing persons from Mexico. I have searched all over and cannot find anything reliable I'm seriously considering starting my own but that would be a huge undertaking and I wouldn't even know where to begin.
You could possibly start a blogspot.

agik4-cxs4y.jpg

I came across this one that really caught my attention in particular the print on this shirt. From what I have researched this is coding for quality control certification in the automotive industry. Also found with this deceased were two Mexico ID cards one with the name Rosauro Roblero Aguilar and the other Leonardo Jimenez Vazquez. He was found in an abandoned house on the Tohono O'Odham Reservation. It just seems odd to me that he would have two different ID's, also I have never seen those certifications before I wonder if it would be possible to track down what place of emplyment they would have came from. Maybe a car parts manufacturing facility in Mexico or some other car related business that would have quality control certificates?
I found this
https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2020-Apr/Spanish - CTPAT Foreign Manufacturers MSC March 2020.pdf
CTPAT: Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism
So he was possibly a transport worker on the Mexican side .
Interesting how US Border Protection never looked into seeing if there was a worker who never clocked in to work.

I found this
https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2020-Apr/Spanish - CTPAT Foreign Manufacturers MSC March 2020.pdf
CTPAT: Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism
So he was possibly a transport worker on the Mexican side .
Interesting how US Border Protection never looked into seeing if there was a worker who never clocked in to work.
To add on to what I said, I looked up what Flex/N/Gate Hermosillo is and yes you are right about the car parts manufacturing facility in Mexico.
The flex/N/Gate is an actual manufacturing facility.
Flex-N-Gate Mexico | Industrial Projects | Hermosillo
They also many other locations in Mexico, Spain, Canada, and the US.

I know that they aren't necessarily from Mexico, but they are apart of the Central American hemisphere, so I'm just going to add their cases on this thread anyways.

*He already has a thread on Websleuths
WARNING PM at link
Found in Phoenix, Arizona on October 26, 1999. He died inside a house where he was staying with some sounds like very distant acquaintances of his. The acquaintances said that his name was "Jorge" and that he was possibly from Honduras. Some key body characteristics of his were that he some tattoos of the names Rosario, Glenda, and Lupe, and a letter D on his wrist.

Found on a ranch by a ranch hand in Jim Hogg County, Texas, on May 10, 2006. She had a ID card from Honduras, that had the name of Glenda Supaya Lopez Martinez, born February 6, 1979, and the issue date of July 11, 1997. She also had Honduran currency. Interestingly, they don't have a picture of the ID on Namus.

WARNING PM at link
Found in Sonoita, Santa Cruz County, Arizona on June 6, 2009. He was in a van with other migrants who were from Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, and Mexico, when he and the others were ejected from the van during an accident. This man could basically from anywhere.

Found lying in the desert by LE, on the Tohono O'Odham Reservation, near Sells, Arizona, on August 18, 2011. His fingerprints matched to a Nelson Antonio Castro Martinez (from Honduras w/ DOB of October 17, 1986 AR-098660686 )w/other aliases of Jefferey Castro and Jefferey Figueroa Castro. Namus says that the names are not verified, but interestingly, the man has a tattoo on his left forearm that says "Nelson".

Found in the desert southwest of Bates Well, Arizona on February 3, 1981. Possible name association of "Ricardo Arnoldo Barahona Mendez" of Morales, Izabal, Guatemala.

WARNING PM at link.
Was found inside a house in San Bernadino, California on August 29, 1986. He was beaten to death. Investigators believe that his name is "Mario Roberto Marquez" from Guatemala, due to evidence at the scene.

Found on the bank of a river in Harris County, Texas on December 4, 1994. Namus says that his name is possibly "Jose Porfirio Guerra Cifuentes" who was last seen on 10/16/1994 swimming across the river and that he is from Guatemala.

Found unresponsive in a public park in Los Angeles, California on April 19, 2001. The man was living a transient lifestyle. Acquaintances of his stated he was apparently drinking heavily when they last saw him. They also stated that he moved to the US from Guatemala 15-20 years ago.

Found on near Building 900336 on Fort Huachuca army base in Arizona on September 27, 2006. Namus states that the man can't be excluded as Guatemalan national Rolando Eduardo Gomez Valdez

Found in the desert near Sasabe, Pima County, Arizona on December 26, 2007. Namus says that the man's name might be "Rudy" or "Valerio" and that he is from Guatemala.

Was with a large group and suddenly jumped into the canal. (Doesn't say COD on Namus but i'm thinking likely by drowning.) People in the group said that his name was either "Carlos" or "Giovanni" and that he was likely from Guatemala.

WARNING PM at link
He had possession of a "resident alien card" which had the name Rogelio Alvarado w/ DOB June 24, 1954. The Mexican and Guatemalan consulate determined the card to be fake and that no one under that name existed. *He could possibly be from anywhere else excluding Mexico and Guatemala. "Rogelio" was rooming with a friend of his five years prior to his death at 1100 block of E. Portland St. in Phoenix, AZ 85006. He passed away in the front yard in the early morning of July 5, 2013. He was also working in the construction business hanging drywall.

Found by Border Patrol in the desert near Vamori Village, Pima County, Arizona on Spetember 2, 2017. He had a Guatemalan birth certificate with the name Juan Geovani Gregorio Hernandez. He also had a Verizon Samsung flip phone on him as well.

WARNING PM at link
Was found unresponsive behind a commercial building in Bronx, New York on December 24, 2019. Namus states his name is possibly "David Miranda" and is from Guatemala.

WARNING PM at link
Found in the desert by Barry Goldwater Range Security near Childs, Pima County, Arizona on July 30, 2006. Namus states that the man is likely "Orlando Jose Garcia Fernandez" from Nicaragua. He also had three blue/black dots in the shape of a triangle are on the back of the right hand between the thumb and index finger. A blue/black cross is on the back of the left hand between the thumb and index finger.

WARNING PM at link
Found in North Brunswick, Middlesex County, New Jersey on October 20, 2005. Namus states that the man is possibly "Marco Hernandez" from Costa Rica, and that he likely worked as an auto body technician. He was found with a 10ml bottle of Humulin insulin 70/30 which was unopened.

https://www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/3967?nav
Found inside his apartment by an apartment manager doing a welfare check in Los Angeles, California on July 30, 1989. Not necessarily clear if this is what the property manager thinks or LE, but Namus states specifically that he is possibly 28 y.o. and that his name is "Jose Antonio Lopez" from El Salvador.

https://www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/3469?nav
Found unresponsive in the hallway of an apartment complex in Los Angeles, California at around 9:00pm on March 16, 1997. The property manager believes that the man might be from El Salvador.

https://www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/8437?nav
Was found in Douglas, Cochise County, Arizona on January 17, 2001. He was found standing up, semi-conscious, and cold to the touch by a citizen. He had a hard time speaking and his clothes were wet (I'm thinking possibly dehydration and hypothermia). He passed away before paramedics could reach him. The man's fingerprints were matched to a man named Vidal Oreyanna Rivas who is possibly from El Salvador.

https://www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/3346?nav
WARNING PM at link
Was found unresponsive at a homeless shelter in Los Angeles, California on June 1, 2001. He went by the name "Richard" and that he was possibly from El Salvador.

agik4-cxs4y.jpg
As I dig deeper into this issue of unidentified migrants I am finding that many use aliases when crossing so no one knows if the name on their ID's are their real names or not. Then I have came across a few that are identified but the family refuses to co-operate with Mexican officials to secure the return of the remains. I don't know if they are afraid of legal action being taken against them for their loved ones illegal attempt at crossing or if there is some other barrier that prevents them from taking the necessary steps to get them home. I am still making posters with their pictures and the names we have to go on to post on every missing Mexico FB group I can as well as getting organized for starting a blog spot and emailing every group I can think of that might help to spread the word. If I can get just one back home it won't be all for nothing.

**ETA- don't know what's up with that picture I can't get it off this post sorry**

I have noticed this too! And it has always bothered me. Like we know who this person likely was but for some reason it is not confirmed. I heard that it is because of a communication problem between the US and the Mexican Embassy or something similar. Like they don't respond back. I have seen that a large amount of these cases are in Arizona and New Mexico.

I found a few in my thread: Violence against migrant workers/unidentifed or murdered

I made the thread after noticing a high volume of unidentified persons in my local North Carolina that were believed to be migrant workers. It upset me a great deal.

Here is the list of those I found with a known name or ID from that thread:

This is just a personal observation but it really bothers me. Has anyone else noticed that the Hispanic unidentified on NamUs are more likely to have a public graphic morgue photo? I don't like it one bit! Is there a reason for that?
I know that this is probably too much to ask but if only someone with facial, sketch art such as @CarlK90245 would be able to give these migrants a more formal sketch to give them some life and humanity rather than just a PM photo for these poor migrants:(

I know that this is probably too much to ask but if only someone with facial, sketch art such as @CarlK90245 would be able to give these migrants a more formal sketch to give them some life and humanity rather than just a PM photo for these poor migrants:(
I am finding a lot of them have a Mexico ID that has there picture on it and some have photos that come from border patrol from previous attempts to cross the border. Hopefully if i can share those photos to enough sites and get enough attention on this it will at least help to get some of them back home. The problem I am running into is that they might be using fake names however, you can fake a name but you can't fake a picture so I am hoping that will get some results. I didn't realize when I first started this it would be such a massive undertaking but if I can get the right connections I'm hopefully that I can get some movement in the right direction.

If you remember the photo below- the man and his daughter washed up on the banks of the rio grande river- the toddler was tucked under his shirt, (she was on his back with her arms around his neck as they crossed the river when he was overcome & they both drowned) The cost was $8,000 to have their bodies repatriated & sent back to their country, the only reason their family got the bodies back is because that photo generated a lot of media and their government decided to pay for it- in that 1 instance. (of course they did, the world was watching this unfold). The cost would've been unmanageable for their relatives b/c Their family of 3 adults & a small child were living off $10 per day- part of the parent's reason to cross into America- a better life & hopefully better wages.
If that picture hadn't circulated their bodies would've stayed here, unless someone else offered to help pay the cost. All that to say- I believe some of the families do know their loved one died during crossing, and are here in the U.S as an UID, but they cannot afford to bring them back OR fear consequences for their family if word spreads that the person left for America, I've heard that happens actually.
merlin_157006920_583e8e15-54ae-4aed-8e6a-7437c3979c03-jumbo.jpg
I listened to a podcast & a seasoned reporter from Mexico describes some of this? There is also a man in Florida that helps families from Mexico find their missing loved ones in the states. I wish I could remember the name of his group. I am hunting it and hope to get back with that info soon.

Thank you for sharing that I had forgotten about that case. It is so sad to see exactly how many there are in the unidentified. I don't know if I will be able to make a difference for even one family but I'm still trying. Reaching out sending emails to everyone I think might be able to get some attention drawn to this issue.

@Dylansmom08 I think I heard about that man on the podscast Forgotten: Women of Juaraez Mexico
It may have been a podcast i heard after that 1, but in one of them I heard something about a man here in Fl. that searches for missing people when a family member from Mexico reaches out to him. I don't know if he/his group uses NAMUS or Websleuths. I also dont know if he or his group want that info here out in the open. I would want to collaborate with him if I were you & I wanted to dedicate time to this effort. I know he mentioned that they've devloped a site that his group or LE can search of the missing immigrants- it is not a public site.
I dont hav time to listen again to all the episodes to hunt more details tonight.

Thank you for sharing that I had forgotten about that case. It is so sad to see exactly how many there are in the unidentified. I don't know if I will be able to make a difference for even one family but I'm still trying. Reaching out sending emails to everyone I think might be able to get some attention drawn to this issue.

I was trying to identify remains and had a good lead and had to contact a Sherriff's officer from Texas. He told me that he and a neighboring county had over 900 unidentified bodies found in a two year period between the two of them. They are at times not notified that people are missing until months after they haven't been heard from. By that time most are buried as indigents and forgotten. They are overwhelmed for sure.

I've tried reaching out to numerous organizations dedicated to help the missing migrants but have gotten no response. I am continuing to put together fliers and distribute them among the Facebook groups and other sites in hopes that it will be of some help to those who are looking for their loved ones.

I apologize if there's any duplicates, but here's some of the ones I've found:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Killed in a car accident in Sasabe, AZ in 2000. Fingerprints gave the possible names of Jose Gonzalez-Martinez and several variants of "Raymundo Aguino-Cruz". None of the names could be confirmed, and there's nothing explicitly stating he was from out of the country but I feel like there's a good chance he could be a migrant. There's a living photo of him.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Hit by a train in Nogales, AZ in 2002. Fingerprint match to a Jaime Ceja Rivas but this couldn't be verified. There's a living photo on NamUs (and a pretty graphic PM). Much like the UID above, there's no outright proof he's foreign but there's a good chance he is.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Murdered in Bowie, AZ in 2001. County records list "Jose Fernando, Tabasco, Mexico." No pictures or recons, apparently had traumatic injuries.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Decomposed remains found in Tan Pak, AZ in 2001, COD unknown. DNA matched to Lorenzo Diaz Garcia, also used the first name Lencho/Lencito. Allegedly he previously lived in CA before being deported to Mexico. There's a living photo.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in an abandoned house on the Tohono O'Odham reservation in Itak, AZ in 2014, COD unknown. Had two Mexican voter cards, one with the name Rosauro Roberlo Aguilar and the other Leonardo Jimenez Vazquez, the photos on these cards are definitely of two different people. There was also a photo with him that (at least to me) seems to be of the same person on the "Leonardo Jimenez Vazquez" card.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Partial remains found near San Rafael, AZ in 2020. There was a photo ID near the body with the name Jaime Airilo Alaya, although it's not stated what country/state the ID was from. He was wearing boots made in El Salvador.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in Pima County, AZ in 2003. Had a Mexican voter card with the name Juan Miguel Velazquez Navarro, but the UID's fingerprints didn't match the print on the card. The NCMEC did a reconstruction of him that looks a lot like the picture on the voter card, however the man in the pic has a distinctive mole on his chin that's not present in the recon or noted anywhere regarding the UID, although he still had a recognizable face.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found near Ajo, AZ in 2017. Had a tattoo of the name Jose Almendarez and another tattoo saying Ramos. There's a reconstruction but no living photos.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in AZ in 2009. AFIS match to Martin Cardenas Aguilar Salmiron, who used the alias Martin Aguilar Gutierrez. Living photo, likely from Chihuahua, MX.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found near Ali Chukson, AZ in 2018. Had a photocopy of an ID (unknown from where) with the name Jogli Clein Perez Lopez.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in Crow Hang Village, AZ in 2008. Had a Mexican photo ID with the name Maria Mendez Morales, although this is stated to be a fake ID. There's a NCMEC reconstruction of her but I can't tell if she's the same person in the ID photo.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found near the Mexican border in Lukeville, AZ in 2013. Had both a work and voter ID card, both with the name Mario Perez Sanchez and pictures of the same person.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in Topawa, AZ in 2010. AFIS match to Oswaldo Angulo Martinez from Sonora, MX, although this has not been verified. Has a living photo.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in Gila Bend, AZ in 2004. Had an ID card in his backpack (unsure from where) with the name Maximino Perez Gomez. No photos of any sort.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in Santa Rosa, AZ in 2010. Had a Georgia driver's license, social security card and birth certificate from Texas with the name Roxann Garcia and a Mexican ID with the name Maria Cruz-Gomez. Mexican ID and license from GA have photos of the same person.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in Green Valley, AZ in 2009. Had a Mexican bus ticket with the name Areli Gomez Gomez. There's a graphic photo on NamUs, although NCMEC did a reconstruction of her. She looks very young.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in Maricopa, AZ in 2009. Had a urine sample bottle with the name Andrez Garcia as well as medical paperwork from Phoenix. No living photos but there is a NCMEC recon.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in Three Points, AZ in 2005. AFIS match to Francisco Esteves with a living photo. Apparently used multiple other aliases, although none of these are listed.

https://www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/16423 Found in Cowlic, AZ in 2016. No official documents or photos, but carried a bible with the name Julio Rodriguez written in it.

https://www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/5475 Found in Green Valley, AZ in 2005. Authorities seem to believe that his name is Dionisio Fidel Rojas Vargas and are searching for family in Mexico to confirm the ID.

https://www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/12591 Found in Mesa, AZ in 2014. Had a Mexican ID with the name Francisco Martinez-Diaz although this was confirmed to be fake. No picture from ID has been posted. There is a PM photo on NamUs.

Here's some more:

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in Why, AZ in 2015. DNA match to a Juan Antonio Huerta Cardona, who also used the name Luis Garcia Gomez. Neither name could be verified. Has multiple living photos.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in Pima County, AZ in 2010. AFIS match to Salvador Sanchez Sanchez, has a living photo.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in the back of a van in Charleston, SC in 2006, allegedly died of natural causes. Had a Mexican voter ID with the name Gustavo Rosas Hernendez although it could not be confirmed that the card belonged to the UID. Has a recon, but I can't tell if it's the same person in the ID photo.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in the New River in Calexico, CA in 2001. Fingerprint match to a woman who used the names Fanny Norma Lascon-Porras and Grace Lorena Loaiza-Massuh. Has a living photo, may have been from Ecuador.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found near Coldfields Village, AZ in 2001. Had a Mexican birth certificate with the name Anna Maria Del Rosario Gonzalez Ortiz but no photos.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in Pima County, AZ in 2018. Had a Mexican photo ID with the name Belisario Diaz Gomez.

CASE NUMBER - 1827UMWV Found in Morgantown, WV in 2009. Had a Georgia driver's license with the name Pablo Fernandez Cruz. There's nothing to suggest he was a migrant, but the fact that the name on his ID couldn't be verified makes me think that might be the case.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in Sierra Vista, AZ in 2004. Fingerprints matched to a man who used the names Alejandro/Alexandro Martinez and Florentito Martinez. Has a living photo.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found on the Tohono O'dham reservation in AZ in 2017. Had a Mexican ID with the name Sebastian Gomez Hernandez and his fingerprints matched to a Francisco Pablo-Francisco. Has multiple living photos.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in Ali Chukson, AZ in 2007. Had a Mexican birth certificate with the name Ayda Tomas Ramirez which was proven to be faked. No photos, estimated to be only 13-17 years old.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in Hildago, TX in 2018. Had Mexican money and an unspecified 'personal document' with the name Francisco Javier Cruz Cante. No photos.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in a hotel in Maricopa County, AZ in 2003. Had two Mexican IDs, one was ruled out as a possible identity but the other, Santiago Zamora Gomez, could not be ruled out. No photos.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in Marana, AZ in 2010. CODIS match to Tomas Cerrano Ventura, has living photo.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in Phoenix, AZ in 2002. No documentation, but was known to use the names Francisco Gutierrez and Roel de la Cruz Pino. According to his girlfriend, who did not know his real name, he was from Mexico.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in Laveen, AZ in 2006. Had a Mexican birth certificate with the name Oscar Antonio Mendoza Ruiz.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in Bronx, NY in 2019. Possible name of David Miranda from Guatemala, PM at NamUs link

To find my way in the Mexican missing persons pages I had to translate a couple of Spanish words. (some sites don't have an English translation or are static files (a picture) an you can't copy/paste, auto-translate) I put it in here for everybody to use. It's a translation from Spanish to Dutch and English. Maybe it helps a little.

Attachments

• Spaanse woorden vermiste personen.pdf
    210.9 KB · Views: 8

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member