Mexico Unidentified US-Mexico Border Project

That UID cant be him, just looking at the image, the composite has a long philtrum, long face and long nose and this guy is the complete opposite. Its not a match
From what I know about Nestor's lifestyle, he is likely not a match. I can't picture him roaming around the desert and making some type of sacrifice. Looks like he came from a fairly comfortable home in Mexico.
Sure he could have gotten involved with something shady in the US, but I don't think he would have risked his life roaming around the desert. (He is from the Sonoran Desert on the Mexico side)

From what I know about Nestor's lifestyle, he is likely not a match. I can't picture him roaming around the desert and making some type of sacrifice. Looks like he came from a fairly comfortable home in Mexico.
Sure he could have gotten involved with something shady in the US, but I don't think he would have risked his life roaming around the desert. (He is from the Sonoran Desert on the Mexico side)
Right it doesn't add up, the only other plausible cause would be someone dumping the body there. The desert would mean that bodies would just be lost to the elements and who's going to go searching a desert? The same way no one checks rivers and lakes, even if its right under their noses. Some people know that the police are too lazy to go searching and investing resources for the search so its the perfect place to get rid of bodies. Its why so many skeletal remains have been found and if it weren't for hikers, they wouldn't ever be found.

Last edited:
The decedent is believed to be Elmer Urias MORALES ARMIRA, age 29, from Leon, Guanajuato, Mexico.
I've found someone (initials OM) on Facebook looking for their missing brother with that name, no idea how to submit that information to law enforcement though.

Making direct contact with the sister is probably not the best way to approach this IMO. Imagine some stranger telling you your brother probably has left this world.

You could sent an E-mail to the address below attn. Betsy Magdaleno, Medicolegal Death Investigator (the Medical Examiner of Los Angeles County, is the case owner according to Namus.) and the Namus contact Allison O'Neal aoneal@rti.org with the info you found, so they can look into it themselves.

Los Angeles County Medical Examiner-Coroner
e-mail us at info@coroner.lacounty.gov.

Migrant-specific Facebook groups:

Armadillos Busqueda y Rescate.SD
Armadillos Ni Un Migrante Menos
BUSCANDO DESAPARECIDOS EN LA FRONTERA (private group but worth joining)
Buscando gente desaparecida en las Fronteras MX/USA
Buscando migrantes centroamericanos en la frontera
Desaparecí cruzando la frontera
Desaparecidos en la frontera y el desierto.
Desaparesio y rescate sueño americano
Indocumentados el sueño americano
Madres Buscadoras De Sonora
Migrantes abandonados al moment
Personas Desaparecidas Tijuana y la Frontera (private group)
Retenes Al Rescate

General missing persons groups:

LAS 24 HORAS BUSCÁNDOTE
ALERTA AMBER PUERTO VALLARTA Y BAHIA DE BANDERA JALISCO.
Asociación Unidos por los Desaparecidos de Baja California A.C
buscando desaparecidos en Mexicali Tijuana y tecate
Buscando desaparecidos MEXICALI
buscando personas desaparecidas UNIDOS SIN FRONTERAS
Colectivo Amor por los Desaparecidos en Tamaulipas
Colectivo Todos Somos Erick Carrillo
Colectivo de búsqueda S.Q.
Colectivo "Voz de los Desaparecidos en Puebla"
David Nostas "El BuscaPersonas"
DESAPARECIDOS en NUEVO LEÓN
Desaparecidos en Todo México y lugares lejanos de México
Desaparecidos México
Desaparecidos todo Colima
EN TU BÚSQUEDA (personas desaparecidas (private group)
Mexicanos desaparecidos
Nos Faltan Todxs
Personas Desaparecidas México
Personas Desaparecidas De Pénjamo Guanajuato
Personas desaparecidas en Tijuana
Personas Desaparecidas San Luis R. C. Sonora
Siguiendo Tus Huellas - Oficial
S.O.S NI UNA MAS Tijuana

I'm working on a website that will serve as a searchable database of known and suspected migrants who are missing. I just started it today so it's still very much a work-in-progress but you can view it here: Missing Migrants
Do you need help with that? I'm the creator of this map and more than willing to help however is needed!

Migrant-specific Facebook groups:

Armadillos Busqueda y Rescate.SD
Armadillos Ni Un Migrante Menos
BUSCANDO DESAPARECIDOS EN LA FRONTERA (private group but worth joining)
Buscando gente desaparecida en las Fronteras MX/USA
Buscando migrantes centroamericanos en la frontera
Desaparecí cruzando la frontera
Desaparecidos en la frontera y el desierto.
Desaparesio y rescate sueño americano
Indocumentados el sueño americano
Madres Buscadoras De Sonora
Migrantes abandonados al moment
Personas Desaparecidas Tijuana y la Frontera (private group)
Retenes Al Rescate

General missing persons groups:

LAS 24 HORAS BUSCÁNDOTE
ALERTA AMBER PUERTO VALLARTA Y BAHIA DE BANDERA JALISCO.
Asociación Unidos por los Desaparecidos de Baja California A.C
buscando desaparecidos en Mexicali Tijuana y tecate
Buscando desaparecidos MEXICALI
buscando personas desaparecidas UNIDOS SIN FRONTERAS
Colectivo Amor por los Desaparecidos en Tamaulipas
Colectivo Todos Somos Erick Carrillo
Colectivo de búsqueda S.Q.
Colectivo "Voz de los Desaparecidos en Puebla"
David Nostas "El BuscaPersonas"
DESAPARECIDOS en NUEVO LEÓN
Desaparecidos en Todo México y lugares lejanos de México
Desaparecidos México
Desaparecidos todo Colima
EN TU BÚSQUEDA (personas desaparecidas (private group)
Mexicanos desaparecidos
Nos Faltan Todxs
Personas Desaparecidas México
Personas Desaparecidas De Pénjamo Guanajuato
Personas desaparecidas en Tijuana
Personas Desaparecidas San Luis R. C. Sonora
Siguiendo Tus Huellas - Oficial
S.O.S NI UNA MAS Tijuana

Welcome on this thread. Thank you for this list. Much appreciated.

I'm working on a website that will serve as a searchable database of known and suspected migrants who are missing. I just started it today so it's still very much a work-in-progress but you can view it here: Missing Migrants

Looking great! Are you planning to keep it up to date yourself? It's going to be a very difficult task. If I see/notice something relevant (someone found) I will notify you.

Looking great! Are you planning to keep it up to date yourself? It's going to be a very difficult task. If I see/notice something relevant (someone found) I will notify you.
I'm planning on adding a form to the website where people can submit migrants to be added and adding anyone else who wants to help as an administrator!

Here is the link to the spreadsheet of missing migrants I've compiled from FB various FB pages/groups. So far it has 347 people on it, and I'm continuously adding to it. Ignore the colors, they are just for me to keep track of which names I've added to the website and created profiles for so far.

Here is the link to the spreadsheet of missing migrants I've compiled from FB various FB pages/groups. So far it has 347 people on it, and I'm continuously adding to it. Ignore the colors, they are just for me to keep track of which names I've added to the website and created profiles for so far.

Great Work!! You are amazing!

'A slow-motion genocide': Arizona-based group and their 2-year search for migrant remains​

Holeman’s Arizona-based humanitarian group, Battalion Search and Rescue, is a handful of volunteers who focus on searching for migrants in distress and migrant remains. The group scours remote and rugged areas of the Arizona desert monthly, finding an average of two human remains every month.

Update: The spreadsheet now has 900+ missing migrants added to it, including some who went missing as far back as the 1970s.

Missing

Ana María Nájera Solórzano. The last time anything was heard from her was on Sunday, June 20, 2021.

According to the first reports, the Mexican was lost near the Elephant Mountain <Arizona>

She is NOT Mexican, she is from Guatemala. Sadly no age, height or weight.

1662202547325.png1662202982886.png

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993