Unsolved/suspicious deaths at www.theyaremissed.com

coco

Reaction score
There is quite a few unsolved/suspicious deaths at<defunct link but read the rest of the thread> that you do not seem to hear much about. Please take a look at the unsolved deaths section. When I try a few of the victims names in searches, there is no memorials or anything at all for a lot of them. Very sad!!!! Please look.

Last edited by a moderator:
I check out this site fairly frequently and try to go through unidentified state-by-state. (http://meyahna.tripod.com/) They have a good advanced search function at theyaremissed.com. What I find very frustrating is that there is sometimes such a lack of detail on some of the missing people OR the unidentified. "Skeletal remains found. Victim was wearing a shirt." ????????? Like would it be so much trouble for them to discribe the shirt??? Some of the missing will say "Tattoo's (no description)"????????? I wish there was more descriptions of teeth on the missing people. Sometimes that is all there is to go on. Sometimes there seems to be a lot of detail of the clothes that the missing person was wearing - but than a lot of the unidentified are found with no clothes. I'm just ranting a bit because I feel there are so many missing and so many unidentified and there should just be some easier way of trying to match people up. I just wish there was more DETAILS!! :twocents:

irishlass said:
I check out this site fairly frequently and try to go through unidentified state-by-state. (http://meyahna.tripod.com/) They have a good advanced search function at theyaremissed.com. What I find very frustrating is that there is sometimes such a lack of detail on some of the missing people OR the unidentified. "Skeletal remains found. Victim was wearing a shirt." ????????? Like would it be so much trouble for them to discribe the shirt??? Some of the missing will say "Tattoo's (no description)"????????? I wish there was more descriptions of teeth on the missing people. Sometimes that is all there is to go on. Sometimes there seems to be a lot of detail of the clothes that the missing person was wearing - but than a lot of the unidentified are found with no clothes. I'm just ranting a bit because I feel there are so many missing and so many unidentified and there should just be some easier way of trying to match people up. I just wish there was more DETAILS!! :twocents:

The FBI has a database that will take DNA results for the missing persons and try to match them with DNA results from unidentified remains. However, there is no requirement for any department to test unidentified remains DNA and it is an expensive test. So many unidentified get buried or cremated with no DNA ever taken. I have heard of people pushing to get the feds to require to DNA for unidentified bodies, but it never seems to go anywhere. It is also not required anywhere for a dept to submit DNA for a missing person, though they often do.
I think that is so sad, because the technology exists to help in identifying, but in so underused.
Once a body is buried, they may be able to get DNA later (maybe) but once they are cremated, that chance is lost forever.

There is so many unsolved deaths in the section with no dates or anything. Anyone know anyhthing about the death of Aleaceia Conner listed on there?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back