UPDATE- Bin Laden is Dead-President spoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a native New Yorker...and an American citizen...congratulations to us!
I'm glad this was done before the 10 yr. anniversary.

Speculation is he was killed in Afghanistan (corrected to Pakistan)

statement slipping to 11:15

I feel like setting off fireworks for this news tonight. I'm also hoping Ayman al-Zawahiri was in the group of men killed in the attack.

I've been awaiting this news...

Great shooting drone team.

The baseball fans at the Mets and Phillies game just heard of the news and started chanting "USA, USA...".

Beautiful.

KIlled by US Military in Pakistan along with other family members in a mansion in Islamabad

WS loading very slowly for me?

Thank God the monster is dead.

Not a moment too soon.

notes from news brief:

killed based on actionable U.S intelligence which utilized US military asset... he was in a mansion along with other family members who were also killed... outside of the Pakistan capital

ETA: oops sorry JBean.. WS loading very slowly for me and I did not see your post

I feel like setting off fireworks for this news tonight. I'm also hoping Ayman al-Zawahiri was in the group of men killed in the attack.

I've been awaiting this news...

Great shooting drone team.

Wow--there are people shooting fireworks in my neighborhood right now--car horns are blowing too.

This is HUGE news.

WS loading very slowly for me?

Thank God the monster is dead.

Not a moment too soon.
I've had trouble as well...always think it's big news...someone found...Casey opts for plea...etc...but not sure.

I hope they put his body on a 50 state tour then burn it!

notes from news brief:

killed based on actionable U.S intelligence which utilized US military asset... he was in a mansion along with other family members who were also killed... outside of the Pakistan capital
Interesting...that's not the mountains...I felt better thinking he wasn't welcomed in Pakistan.

I wonder, without knowing details yet, if he was near death when he was found or if the US military killed him. How can you live in the mountains of Pakistan when you need dialysis to survive?

Now Washington Post is confirming that it was a CIA led operation, to go along with what ya'll are saying. Cnn is saying Pakistan and a mansion as well.

I wish the president would hurry up!

I hope they put his body on a 50 state tour then burn it!
Ya know...I'm numb. I can't begin to tell you what it was like living so close to Ground Zero...know people who died in the Towers...but this just leaves me numb. It doesn't feel like "enough". KWIM?

FINALLY! Just in time for the 10th anniversary of the attacks, too. Good job, U.S.!!!!!

Ya know...I'm numb. I can't begin to tell you what it was like living so close to Ground Zero...know people who died in the Towers...but this just leaves me numb. it doesn't feel like "enough". KWIM?

(((HUGS)))
it will sink in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads