UPDATE- Bin Laden is Dead-President spoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well folks...it's going to be tough getting up in a few short hours so I'll say good-night. Bless you all...and especially tonight...the good 'ole USA!

Also saying that the photo circulating the net are NOT the offical photos and that the one we are seeing (as Kat - I think - said earlier) was a doctored photo.

Not clear as to why the photos taken haven't been released. They might be later on - US officials have opted not to post them at this time.

Fox reporting that a Senior White House official confirming that the photos on internet of a dead OBL are NOT the photos of Osama bin Laden. Those are doctored.

But one thing that our children faced that no other generation has ever faced since back when we took over this country, is that they came on our soil and acted against us. Very different fighting here and fighting over there.

Hi misterview, I understand what you're saying, but it doesn't apply to me, or many millions of others in the US. I'm a first generation immigrant. My father wasn't fighting over "there", he was "there", as was my grandfather. Yes, it probably is very different having people come onto your soil if you've never experienced it before, but like I said, there hasn't been a generation of my family in 100 years that didn't have that happen to them, so it's something not only my own child grew up with, so did I, and so did my parents before me. Welcome to my world..:)

ETA: I'll also mention the Irish terrorist bombings in London and throughout the UK, that I lived through in the 70s. That wasn't much fun either, but let's not get over emotional about it - we survived and so will our children.

One of the major news agencies on Tv (am in another room) announced that he was buried at sea and gave the reasons why.

Also that the picture circulating the internet isn't the photos from his death. There were photos taken but they have not been leaked. Just repeating what I heard.

Um, yeah, the photo looked doctored like from the front page of a tabloid, imo.

Waiting to see if there is an official release...doubt it.

Also saying that the photo circulating the net are NOT the offical photos and that the one we are seeing (as Kat - I think - said earlier) was a doctored photo.

Not clear as to why the photos taken haven't been released. They might be later on - US officials have opted not to post them at this time.

someone has some splainin to do. You don't dump the #1 wanted man in America and not release proof that he's dead. I'm sure they will - but why not now? After all the fishies are eating pretty good tonight (though the poor things don't know what they're chewing on).

MOO

Mel

Yeah, because the terrorists are going to retaliate BECAUSE we celebrated their leader's death. They obviously wouldn't attack us simply because we killed their leader. No, there had to be another 'trigger'.

I heard the Afghans are also happy he is dead. As a matter of fact people all over the world are glad he is dead. The terrorist did nothing when Saddam was hung. They even had a live shot of that. Only time will tell.

That is so weird - now I'm getting a 404. I'm sure there will be lots of links in the morning. Thanks though for taking the time!

Mel

Mel -

Other posters are saying they are hearing that photo is not official anyway.

We'll have to be patient, I suppose.

reruns on CNN all night long... just FYI

Hi misterview, I understand what you're saying, but it doesn't apply to me, or many millions of others in the US. I'm a first generation immigrant. My father wasn't fighting over "there", he was "there", as was my grandfather. Yes, it probably is very different having people come onto your soil if you've never experienced it before, but like I said, there hasn't been a generation of my family in 100 years that didn't have that happen to them, so it's something not only my own child grew up with, so did I, and so did my parents before me. Welcome to my world..:)

ETA: I'll also mention the Irish terrorist bombings in London and throughout the UK, that I lived through in the 70s. That wasn't much fun either, but let's not get over emotional about it - we survived and so will our children.

Thank you Verity for providing the balance to my statement.
I am sorry for what you went through, yet relieved that I never had to.
I hope that someday none of our children have to go through it.

Mel -

Other posters are saying they are hearing that photo is not official anyway.

We'll have to be patient, I suppose.

reruns on CNN all night long... just FYI

I think somebody had to get a shot of this gunfight going down. You know the drone was snapping pictures. They are probably only going to show them to dignitaries for now.

Am I the only one who is literally paralyzed with fear as to what this death might trigger? I'm a pacifist and can celebrate no one's death but I fully recognize this single man's evil impact on our world. I've just never felt so afraid in my entire life. I'm so concerned that due to the splintering and rogue factions which have sprung up over the last ten years, that there will now be a Pandora's box of atrocities...even more than we've ever seen.

According to NPR, the man's remains are being handled in a manner in accordance to the Muslim faith.

I know that some will find this an appropriate time to celebrate. I respect that. However, I also think prayer and meditation and reflection is called for.....for all the tens of thousands of victims touched by this evil.

I haven't read all the posts.

Warning: Religious intent

While the human in me would love to rejoice in Bin Laden's death, the Holy Spirit reminds me that the same God who loves me and sent His Son as an atonement for my sin also loved Osama. I know that God is just, and I know what He says about vengeance, but I also know that God is heartbroken when we sin against Him, as OBL did. Because my God hurts, I do, too. My prayer is that ALL would find favor with God. (although I know that is not how it's gonna play out.)

I am relieved, but still saddened. :(

I haven't read the upthread, so please pardon me.

HE'S ALREADY BEEN BURIED AT SEA?

No autopsy
No DNA confirmation
No photos released *yes I want to see them*

Didn't this attack just happen, and yet he's already swimmin with the fishes? I don't like it, and I pray someone can explain it to me.

Thanks in advance.

Mel

ps: it's on the breaking news front page of CNN

I read something about being buried at sea also.

I don't care about photo's. I care about dna to prove it was in fact him, when he's known to have too many look alikes out there.

JMO respectfully.

Its very late here and that sun is coming quick. I'm off to bed and know I will sleep just a little bit easier.

We can't forget and must remember to be extra vigilant in the coming weeks. But I do feel confident that our military will protect us.

God Bless all of you and God Bless America!

A short video of the firestorm at the mansion was shown on CNN hours ago. At the very end, one could see a few ppl walking out (after the deed was done?).

Not sure if this was an official release but at least it looked real, UNlike that alleged photo of a dead Osama.

I appreciate your point and it is a good one and no, we should not have turned down help on 9/11

the world was reaching out to us in compassion. What we do now when the crisis has passed can either speak to justice OR speak to nationalistic pride,

We have an election looming. I dont think there is going to be any other outcome here other than a "WE" got him approach. This is going to alienate to global community but it will fuel political positions in our country.

But, I really, really don't think the celebrations will alienate us from the global community. Most nations on earth lent support in one way or another to the anti-terror efforts we led. Most nations view Al Qaeda as the scary monsters they are. Really, very few Muslims around the world view osama positively. And the ones who like him would hate us regardless of how we react to the news. Most people around the world share our sentiments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?