US F-15 fighters intercepting unresponsive aircraft over Atlantic

"They believe the plane may be dealing with hypoxia, or a lack of oxygen supply.According to NORAD, the fighter pilots have visually verified that the pilot was unresponsive and slumped over the controls, and attempts to communicate with people inside the plane were unsuccessful. NORAD stated the pilot has not been responding to radio calls since 10 a.m."
- See more at: http://rochester.twcnews.com/conten...took-off-from-rochester/#sthash.gniJWMRA.dpuf

now that it is in Cuban airspace US planes have backed off

I just read where it is out of Cuba's airspace now and the F-15s are now once again following the plane.

I think it has come down. Not sure how or where. JMO

global scanners @globalscanner ·
14m
.@NYCAviation: Before becoming unresponsive aircraft was at 28k ft, requested to descend due to "indication that was not correct on aircraft

global scanners @globalscanner ·
6m
.@MilAirComms: 228.900 MHz LUCKY 1 following aircraft with pilot passed out, not a drill, LUCKY can see pilots chest moving, still alive.

BREAKING: Unresponsive plane is currently entering Jamaican airspace. -Jamaican Official2:26 PM - 5 Sep 2014
2 Retweets

Now hearing it has crashed on the island of Jamaica. :(

ABC7 Eyewitness News ‏@ABC7 1m
#BREAKINGNEWS Federal official says unresponsive US plane has crashed 14 miles off the coast of Jamaica http://abc7.la/WoRywl

Fox reporting the plane actually crashed into the sea.

The 'frosted glass' was maybe ice in the plane, and it decompressed? It was flying at 25,000 feet until it lost height.

I think this is going to turn out to be a terrible accident, not a crime. I think all in the plane were probably unconscious.

Pretty certain they would all be dead before the crash- IMO that may be a blessing! Prayers for those involved along with family and loved ones. I hope there were no children on board.

I think this is going to turn out to be a terrible accident, not a crime. I think all in the plane were probably unconscious.

The F-15 pilots had already reported they could see the pilot and he was unconscious but still breathing at that time.

I never thought it was a crime. I think it is another case where the cabin lost pressure and they died from hypoxia.

Yes, they probably were all dead before they hit the water.

Such a sad time for their families.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert
Back