UT - 5.7 magnitude earthquake, Salt Lake County, 18 Mar 2020

Me and the fam are okay. It was scary. I was on my front porch with my coffee, then Bam! I watched my porch pillars lean and twist about a foot. I grew up in L.A. and this quake was up there. Had some things fall and break. Been cleaning up and packing up the car in case another one hits. Had some strong aftershocks. Infrastructure is pretty good. My officer kids are busy. Some downtown buildings got hit good. Will check in shortly.
It was. Glad you're okay. It made me dizzy. This, with COVID-19. UGH!

Thank you, Gardener, for posting all this info. This was a pretty frightening situation. Appreciate you!

Salt Lake City just had another pretty strong aftershock.

Ugh! Make it stop! I have to add that this quake and aftershocks have been different than any other I have experienced. I don't trust it.

On that note, going out to the car to reorganize. We quickly threw stuff in there right after the quake.

Pull your cars out of the garage so they don't get trapped. And pack a go bag.

Ugh! Make it stop! I have to add that this quake and aftershocks have been different than any other I have experienced. I don't trust it.

On that note, going out to the car to reorganize. We quickly threw stuff in there right after the quake.

Pull your cars out of the garage so they don't get trapped. And pack a go bag.
On it! Funny note: I packed a meds bag and then a clothes bag and had to repack the clothes bag, because, well, we're not going on vacation :)

On it! Funny note: I packed a meds bag and then a clothes bag and had to repack the clothes bag, because, well, we're not going on vacation :)

On the repack I noticed we had grabbed some things we didn't need. And forgot things we did. I am ashamed of myself. I was not prepared for a quake. I grew up in socal and should know better!

Glad our local posters are reporting in!

5.7 is a significant earthquake! When you see mountains like this, they are at the edges of 2 tectonic plates rubbing against each other, pushing the mountains up up up. Also called a fault line, one plate is moving north while the other moves south. The plates kind of stick & grind against each other for some time, can be years, then the pressure is too much and everything jumps!

This book is on my nightstand:

25013.jpg

A Crack in the Edge of the World by Simon Winchester

and I live with a science teacher who breaths Earth Science. The day after Christmas in 2004 we were in a science center, standing in front of the seismograph -- and a quake hit Indonesia! A horrible situation for Indonesians, but a pretty good one for the Laughing clan. (I had to check the year & the exact country.)

Prayers & good karma for Salt Lake City.

My word! We are just 80 days into the year 2020 and we have witnessed Australia raized to the ground. A volcano eruption. Parts of the UK completely submerged. A Global Pandemic has hurtled round the planet and now a sizeable earthquake in a region not known for earthquakes!! It as if the Planet herself is angry! It is bizarre. And scary as AF! We are living in bad times people! Be safe X

Me and the fam are okay. It was scary. I was on my front porch with my coffee, then Bam! I watched my porch pillars lean and twist about a foot. I grew up in L.A. and this quake was up there. Had some things fall and break. Been cleaning up and packing up the car in case another one hits. Had some strong aftershocks. Infrastructure is pretty good. My officer kids are busy. Some downtown buildings got hit good. Will check in shortly.
Praying for you & your family, that in Jesus name God will keep y’all safe. That God will comfort you & bless you (all) with peace that surpasses all understanding. Again in Jesus’ precious & holy name.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back