Found Deceased UT-5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley Found Deceased (UNCLE ARRESTED) #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many kids grow up with a single parent, have sad childhoods and problems. People need to stop making excuses for these pathetic and vile child killers.

You’re right and I agree about making excuses. However, as a retired psychiatric nurse (30 plus yrs), I worked on substance abuse units, adolescent & adult psych ICU units. Getting a patient’s childhood history, including their parental guidance & upbringing, plays a large part in how he/she will be diagnosed, what his treatment plan will be... and tells a lot about his/her past & present behavior.

MOO

With a bloody broken knife and his finger prints on it and her DNA and you say they don’t believe she was mutilated?
I should have been clearer - what I meant was that the LEO at the press conference was explaining what "desecration of a body" meant. At that time Lizzy had not yet been found so it would have been impossible to say what happened. He wanted to clarify what the legal charge meant.

Would his Sister not have suffered the same sad childhood.

Not necessarily. Or not in her mind at least. He's defective.

So he may feel differently about his childhood. Who knows what genetic propensity different people- even siblings have. And of course people experience the same things differently. Qualia is the term, I believe.

Siblings also don't tend to have identical experiences.

And then there's always choice. As Professor Dumbledore (JK Rowling) so eloquently stated: "It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

These searches are so hard - I was on two for Caylee Anthony and it is not as easy as it seems - they have to have permission from each homeowner to enter the property and depending on the state of the remains there may not be a strong trail for search dogs IMO - having said all this I thought and posted she would be found in a 1-2 mile radius of home based on his movements caught on video and reported by witnesses - so very sad at this outcome it I prepared myself this time hugs to all you sleuthers and those on the scanner thread today was tough - hug your kids for sure and single parents have a look at what @gitana1 posted about allowing anyone near your children - unfortunately even family now

Yes but just to be clear, I don't think family is dangerous. Just family members with issues. Probably not a good idea to have them babysit or spend the night with kids in the home.

Post below:

Yes. It's very hard to see reality when it's your own family. Or someone you know very well. Even if they have "issues." Unless they've shown a previous propensity I think for most it's super hard to imagine a loved family member could harm a child.

But if we set up rules for ourselves we can protect our kids:

Keep dating life separate from our families.

If you meet someone you really like, do a background check. It's about $50.00. Then, if they pass, date them for at least a year before you allow them to meet the kids.

Agree that no moving in, engagement or anything like that for at least another year or so. Really get to know them and their life and family and see how they interact. But don't let them babysit or be alone with your kids during this time.

For family, does brother, uncle, in-law, grandpa have a drug or alcohol issue? Violent behavior in their past? A criminal history that's more than infractions? Significant mental health issues? Socialization problems?

Don't leave your kids alone with them. Don't let them spend the night.

We can create logical checklists and follow them.

Honestly, after looking at Alexander Whipple's Facebook posts, even if he had been my brother, he would have never been near my kids...his psychosis is right out there.

I get it, and I can’t say I disagree, but some people have a blind spot when it comes to family.

She just never imagined that her brother would do something like this.

This was mom’s brother though, and not a boyfriend.
Thanks. I stand corrected. I think I’ve confused this case with another one. Maybe it’s time to take a break. :(
Not sure what this has to do with this case. Lizzy was killed by her uncle, not Mom's bf.
Yep, sorry. I realize that now. My apologies.

Yes, I’m waiting.......
I think his past will play a big role in this.
Personally, I see no reason whatsoever he would be jealous of his sister. Nor do I think his motive was to get back at her. Jmo
I'm guessing his background will fit the profile of most child killers, or murderers in general. Usually there is some indication of a troubled childhood that they have in common.
I'm not sure if he killed her out of revenge, either. It may have been a crime of opportunity. He had the urge and she was there. Imo

Thanks. I stand corrected. I think I’ve confused this case with another one. Maybe it’s time to take a break. :(

Yep, sorry. I realize that now. My apologies.
Which is easy to do.

There’s been several recent cases where a stepfather or boyfriend has victimized a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get