GUILTY UT - Amy Candland, 41, found murdered, Provo, 21 Feb 2010

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by SuziQ, Feb 21, 2010.

1. My6

My6 New Member

2. Zoe Bogart

Zoe Bogart Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars

You showed us the area of the finding, so no matter, that's a good thing. Thanks.

It's a shame, whoever she is.

3. sunnydee

sunnydee New Member

having hearing aids in both ears, and having been there for several days (rather than a couple of months) would seem to make it easy to rule out Susan.

I hope this young lady's killer(s) are found and brought to justice.

4. Zoe Bogart

Zoe Bogart Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars

Sgt. Cannon told KSL the woman had hearing aids in both ears and she is likely from the area. He also said the body appears to have been there for several days.

That's how they knew it isn't Susan.

5. LaLaw2000

LaLaw2000 Louisiana

As I really do not think Susan is alive, I was hoping that her body had been found.

This poor girl/woman has a family somewhere and my sympathy goes out to them. At least they can give her a dignified burial. GB them all.

6. ohiogirl

ohiogirl Active Member

7. ohiogirl

ohiogirl Active Member

8. nitasch

nitasch New Member

Not Susan, it is a woman named Amy Candlin (not sure of the spelling, I will go look for a print article)

ETA

The victim in this case is Amy Candland, age 41, of Provo. Amy is an aunt to the supect in this case, Damien Candland.

9. PickieChickie

PickieChickie Former Member

UTAH COUNTY -- Police in Utah County have released the name of a woman whose body was found in Hobble Creek Canyon Sunday afternoon.

She is 41-year-old Amy Candland. Monday morning, police arrested her nephew on suspicion of murder.

Damien Allister Candland, 22, was booked into the Utah County Jail on one charge of aggravated murder.

The woman's body was found Sunday afternoon in Hobble Creek Canyon Canyon east of Springville. The investigation continued overnight. Police were led to a home in Provo where they served a search warrant. They did not immediately say what they may have found at the residence.

Police believe the woman may have been dead for several days.

Sgt. Spencer Cannon of the Utah County Sheriff's Office said, "Some of the evidence at the scene that helped us to collect information was based on the amount of snow and what was found in the snow. So it wouldn't have been months or even weeks but a couple of days, give or take a few."

She had not been reported missing. Her body has been taken to the state medical examiner's office for an autopsy.

The suspect will appear in court for a bail hearing Tuesday morning.

Police have not released details on how the woman was killed, where she died and what circumstances led them to book Candland for aggravated murder. They may release more information later today. Stay with KSL for updates as they are available.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9770938

10. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Although I wish we could have a wonderful miracle from God and find Susan alive, sadly, I don't think that is a possibility in this case. So, the next thing I wish for is the recovery of her body and the arrest of josh. When I saw the thread, I was saddened but satisfied that the case may be coming close to resolution. Unfortunately, it turns out it was some other, poor person that had been killed. I should not be surprised but I like to think there are not enough crimes like this in any given area. So, when a body is found in Utah, I assume it is Susan. The fact that not only one but two bodies have been recovered in Utah since Susan went missing, neither of them her, speaks volumes about how screwed up our society is, I think.
    I hope Susan is found soon.

11. LaLaw2000

LaLaw2000 Louisiana

Thanks for the updates. I am very happy to see an arrest in Ms. Candland's murder.

12. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Forum Coordinators

From July 2011:

http://archive.sltrib.com/story.php?ref=/sltrib/news/52234623-78/candland-damien-amy-aunt.html.csp