GUILTY UT - Brayden Graves, 1 month, beaten to death, Roy, 7 Sept 2017

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
The probable cause statement notes that when interviewed by officers at the hospital, Graves “admitted he had gotten angry because the infant was crying and had punched him repeatedly in the head.”

In addition to the murder count, Graves now faces felony and misdemeanor counts related to his alleged use of drugs around the infant and his 5-year-old sibling in the home he shared with them.

Roy man charged with murder in beating death of month-old baby
Man charged with killing infant in a 'rage' ordered to stand trial

ade58e3197

gaah-smiley.gif
another sweet little baby gone.... did he really think hitting Brayden on the head would stop his crying.... well, it did, unfortunately, it killed him.

Trial scheduled in 2019 for Roy man accused of punching, killing infant

Graves was present in Ogden’s 2nd District Court on Monday morning and appeared with his attorney, Michael Bouwhuis.

In the brief hearing, Bouwhuis and prosecutors determined Graves will go to trial in mid-May 2019.

Graves will have a pretrial hearing and a status conference leading up to the jury trial. They will take place in September and February, respectively.

The February court date will be the last opportunity for Graves to accept a plea deal if he so chooses.

mapkdeuwiqkw.gif

this up for sweet little Brayden! Anyone find any court dates in link above post? TIA! :)

I have that there should be a pretrial hearing September, but no date....

Bumping again for Brayden!

@JerseyGirl - can you get into Utah court records?

There was supposed to be a September court date, but I had no date.

TIA!

Another BUMP for Brayden!

bumpitupbump_zpslfblvcp8.gif

Hey me again!

I'm going to be going through all my "oldie" cases that I haven't heard anything about in quite some time.
I hope someone can help me with these.
I'm going to call on
@JerseyGirl, @cybervampira, @SeesSeas, @MsMarple, @mistivon, @Eleven_11

No access to this court site. Another Utah case I can't access.
Hope you all don't mind me tagging you! I need HELP!!

I have:
Sometime in September:
*Pretrial Hearing – UT – Brayden Graves (1 mo) (Sept. 7, 2017, Roy) – *Matthew Daniel Graves (22) charged (5/8/18) with aggravated 1st degree murder, allowing child to be exposed to drugs (3rd degree felony) & drug possession. Plead not guilty. Weber County jail / 2nd District Court
7/10/18 Update: Pretrial hearing set for Sept (no date) & Status hearing in Feb. (no date), trial will begin mid-May 2019.

TIA!

Here's one for little Brayden - as you can see I've bumped it up quite a few times!

@MsFacetious TIA!

No way trial will be less than a year from murder. Doesn't hapen.
He has a pretrial conference January 17 at 1:30pm in this case.
That's all that's on there so far.

Thursday, January 17th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 1:30pm MT) – UT – Brayden Graves (1 mo) (Sept. 7, 2017, Roy) – *Matthew Daniel Graves (22) charged (5/8/18) with aggravated 1st degree murder, allowing child to be exposed to drugs (3rd degree felony) & drug possession. Plead not guilty.
7/10/18 Update: Pretrial hearing set for Sept (no date) & Status hearing in Feb. (no date), trial will begin mid-May 2019.
1/7/19 Update: Next Pretrial conference hearing on 1/17/19.

Sometime in February:
*Status Hearing – UT – Brayden Graves (1 mo) (Sept. 7, 2017, Roy) – *Matthew Daniel Graves (22) charged (5/8/18) with aggravated 1st degree murder, allowing child to be exposed to drugs (3rd degree felony) & drug possession. Plead not guilty. Weber County jail / 2nd District Court
7/10/18 Update: Status hearing in Feb. (no date), trial will begin mid-May 2019

If anyone can find a court date - it would be very much appreciated! TIA! :)

Roy man pleads guilty to killing infant in 2017; avoids death penalty with plea

OGDEN — A Roy man accused of punching and killing an infant in 2017 has pleaded guilty to avoid a potential death sentence.

Matthew Daniel Graves, 24, pleaded guilty in January to one count of aggravated murder, a first-degree felony. In return, prosecutors dropped a misdemeanor drug charge and a felony charge of allowing a child to be exposed to a controlled substance.

For his guilty plea, prosecutors also agreed not to pursue the death penalty or give Graves a life sentence, according to Graves’ plea agreement. Prosecutors recommended that Graves be sentenced to 25 years to life in prison, however that decision will be made by a judge during Graves’ sentencing hearing.
[.....]
His next court appearance will be for his sentencing hearing on March 5 in Ogden’s 2nd District Court. Graves is being held at the Weber County Jail without bail.

Tuesday, March 5th:
*Sentencing Hearing – UT – Brayden Graves (1 mo) (Sept. 7, 2017, Roy) – *Matthew Daniel Graves (22) charged (5/8/18) with aggravated 1st degree murder, allowing child to be exposed to drugs (3rd degree felony) & drug possession. Plead not guilty. 2/19/19 Update: Graves plead guilty in January to one count of aggravated murder, a first-degree felony. In return, prosecutors dropped a misdemeanor drug charge & a felony charge of allowing a child to be exposed to a controlled substance. For his guilty plea, prosecutors also agreed not to pursue the death penalty or give Graves a life sentence, according to Graves’ plea agreement. Prosecutors recommended that Graves be sentenced to 25 years to life in prison. Sentencing is scheduled for 3/5.

bravvo.gif
JUSTICE for Brayden!

upload_2019-3-6_16-53-33.jpeg

The probable cause statement notes that when interviewed by officers at the hospital, Graves “admitted he had gotten angry because the infant was crying and had punched him repeatedly in the head.”

In addition to the murder count, Graves now faces felony and misdemeanor counts related to his alleged use of drugs around the infant and his 5-year-old sibling in the home he shared with them.

Roy man charged with murder in beating death of month-old baby
Man charged with killing infant in a 'rage' ordered to stand trial

ade58e3197

For real though that man looks crazy and unkempt. His eyes are two different shapes ffs. Who thought it was a good idea to reproduce w this person? monster

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back