UT UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, wkg on farm, “weird run-in” with a guy walking on gravel rd, no phone & CC activity, Lucin, Box Elder Co, 25 May 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think someone local or someone who knew Dylan is likely...but since no known money was taken I'm not sure about cash for drugs imo. If indeed the person/s responsible power-washed the truck, hid Dylan's body, etc...they had some sort of an elaborate plan.
Unless, someone who had a beef with Dylan came to the trailer and confronted him when he got home from moving the grain truck. Things got out of hand and Dylan ended up dead. The assailant used Dylan’s truck to move the body, brought it back, and cleaned it up and left. But, what about the boots?

I think DR’s truck must have been used by a third party because of what CC said about it being left in some kind of 4x4 mode which wasn’t working properly. My thoughts are it was used to dispose DR’s body, probably after an altercation by the shed. Then returned to DR’s trailer to create distance from the scene.Was it washed not only because maybe it had DR’s blood in it but also the assailant’s, and they knew their dna was on record?

Re the boots, is it possible DR was assaulted purely for his boots? Something struck me when CC said he always wore the same pair and never wore another make of anything. She said he had been like that since 3 years old or something. Why would anyone (allegedly) be walking miles in that terrain without boots? Totally poor, or weird? Did bootless man take exception to DR telling people, or form some strange attachment to DR (getting the lift to DR’s trailer allegedly)? Literally needed the boots? Wanted to take them for spite as DR had said something about always wearing them?

So let’s say bootless man finds him at the shed, wants DR to remove his boots. DR refuses and is assaulted (blood spot). DR removes the boots under duress and bootless man puts them by the mound to collect later but for some reason never does. Gets DR in the truck (I think he must have had a weapon to overpower DR),to cover the assault he kills him elsewhere as no evidence by the shed or trailer. Has to hide him due to awareness of trace evidence and dna, so he hides DR’s body. Returns the truck away from the scene knowing where DR’s trailer is as he got a lift there before, washes it down and cleans it inside (front seat moved forward) before walking on his way.

All v far fetched, but I think the whole thing is bizarre.

After watching the you tube videos of this whole incident here is where i am.

1- the farm is 600 acres, no one can farm that by themselves. I grew up on a 80 acre farm and even that is impossible to farm by yourself. My dad had 600 acres and had several workers to help him.
2-so I think one of those workers are suspects in this case, they worked for his grandpa and Dylan didn't get along with them and they have been interviewed. hum
3-the power washed pick up is a dead giveaway with the power washing and no tracks after the storm
doesn't look good at this point. I hope they search the tanks near the farm although they could have dumped him in the wash. I hope they find him alive but its not looking good right now.
4- in addition this young mans father farms very close to where i live and I worked at an equipment dealership close to where his dad lives for 15 years, I am sure I have helped his dad buy parts in the past, which makes it even more sad for me. they are a nice family.

Last edited:
After watching the you tube videos of this whole incident here is where i am.

1- the farm is 600 acres, no one can farm that by themselves. I grew up on a 80 acre farm and even that is impossible to farm by yourself. My dad had 600 acres and had several workers to help him.
2-so I think one of those workers are suspects in this case, they worked for his grandpa and Dylan didn't get along with them and they have been interviewed. hum
3-the power washed pick up is a dead giveaway with the power washing and no tracks after the storm
doesn't look good at this point. I hope they search the tanks near the farm although they could have dumped him in the wash. I hope they find him alive but its not looking good right now.
4- in addition this young mans father farms very close to where i live and I worked at an equipment dealership close to where his dad lives for 15 years, I am sure I have helped his dad buy parts in the past, which makes it even more sad for me. they are a nice family.
^^bbm
Dylan's dad Justin gave an interview from Dylan's place in Lucin on 6/7 (linked below), and his real concern over his son's fate was palpable. By all accounts and offers to help, they do seem to be a nice family.

This case gets more bizarre! I'd love to think there's going to be a positive outcome here but it's not looking great.

IMO it's clear that there's 3rd party involvement, particularly when you consider the truck being pressure washed and the seat being in a different position, as well as the fact this is very out of character for Dylan. I believe it's much more likely to be someone he knows - a transient or anybody randomly targeting him/stealing money for drugs wouldn't have gone through all the trouble of cleaning the truck.

I feel like it's much more likely to be someone he knows, maybe a worker on the farm?

This case gets more bizarre! I'd love to think there's going to be a positive outcome here but it's not looking great.

IMO it's clear that there's 3rd party involvement, particularly when you consider the truck being pressure washed and the seat being in a different position, as well as the fact this is very out of character for Dylan. I believe it's much more likely to be someone he knows - a transient or anybody randomly targeting him/stealing money for drugs wouldn't have gone through all the trouble of cleaning the truck.

I feel like it's much more likely to be someone he knows, maybe a worker on the farm?
I definitely think that is a very viable option too.

All of that equipment sitting out there, all of the stuff in buildings, in his home, reportedly nothing is amiss except Dylan and his wallet, phone, a pistol, and a truck key fob. I would think if this was some kind of run-in with a meth head or some intransigent(s), if they went through the trouble of harming and disposing of Dylan they would also take something?

If it wasn't for the family claiming this is totally unlike him, those items gone with an adult would not raise alarm - it could easily fit a voluntarily missing person. The barefoot guy story LE seems to have checked out. A pair of his boots being found and a truck appearing to have been power washed as well, but there's no way of knowing yet if those have anything to do with his disappearance. Probably the most clear thing to go off is that, according to his mom, his phone last pinged 5/28 at 3:41 PM at/or near the property (within a 15.4 mile radius).

For those that have watched the mom’s most recent interview, do you know the difference between the two types of phone pings she mentioned? They have the one that gives location w/in a 15 mile radius, but are waiting on the one with a more precise location. That second type usually requires a warrant, correct? Doesn’t that usually take a while?

For those that have watched the mom’s most recent interview, do you know the difference between the two types of phone pings she mentioned? They have the one that gives location w/in a 15 mile radius, but are waiting on the one with a more precise location. That second type usually requires a warrant, correct? Doesn’t that usually take a while?
I believe she was referring to 1) Cell Site Location Information (CSLI) data by the carrier, and 2) Global Positioning System (GPS) data. I believe the CSLI identifies the tower location which was within a 15-mile radius that included DR's property. GPS provides the coordinates of the ping location.

It's been months and months since I followed a case but I found this by accident last night on tube and I'm riveted.
I googled to check if was here.
Hoping for the best, as always but fearing the worst. I think I'm caught up on open source material but many questions swirling

Unless, someone who had a beef with Dylan came to the trailer and confronted him when he got home from moving the grain truck. Things got out of hand and Dylan ended up dead. The assailant used Dylan’s truck to move the body, brought it back, and cleaned it up and left. But, what about the boots?
Could the boots been worn by the perpetrator to mask his footprints?

Any hog farms in the area?

Another timeline change on the official FB page.
5/26 Dylan’s account shows a bank transaction at a Montello eating establishment
5/27 An eyewitness claims that Dylan was at a Montello eating establishment.
If true why wasn’t there an additional bank transaction for Friday night? Did someone buy him dinner? Did the eyewitness tell LE who Dylan was with? (The page admin states that they consider the witness statement to be accurate, however, ECSO has not changed their press release from 6/9. It makes no mention of Dylan being back in Montello on Friday evening.)
This doesn’t change the fact that Dylan spoke to his gma from his farm early on Saturday morning. If he was in Montello on Friday evening, did someone go with or follow him home that night?
If Dylan did decide to leave his life on the farm with someone and because he is a responsible young man, did he garage the seed truck so the seeds wouldn’t be ruined and wash his truck to leave it in good condition?
Not a likely scenario , but so far none of us has been able to figure out what happened to Dylan Rounds sometime after he spoke to his gma on Saturday morning.

Attachments

• BADEBF49-8357-4AC2-893D-E36318AC3387.jpeg
    BADEBF49-8357-4AC2-893D-E36318AC3387.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Another timeline change on the official FB page.
5/26 Dylan’s account shows a bank transaction at a Montello eating establishment
5/27 An eyewitness claims that Dylan was at a Montello eating establishment.
If true why wasn’t there an additional bank transaction for Friday night? Did someone buy him dinner? Did the eyewitness tell LE who Dylan was with?
This doesn’t change the fact that Dylan spoke to his gma from his farm early on Saturday morning. Did someone go with or follow him home Friday night?
His grandmother called him.
It's possible he was in deep trouble by then so made an excuse or was forced to terminate the call abruptly.
He may have paid with cash?

Who stands to gain materially from his disappearance?
Does his land have ore or other riches?
Was his land ever surveyed and would such a survey for riches be a matter of public record?
My feeling is that his grain crop would have held more value for him than any mineral wealth or even a generous purchase offer. Jmo

I'm seeing a well executed plot.
He was a creature of habit, nothing simpler to plan execute and dispose.
There's enough machinery to cover tracks of herds of elephants.
There is something about the land, there must be..jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member