UT UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, wkg on farm, “weird run-in” with a guy walking on gravel rd, no phone & CC activity, Lucin, Box Elder Co, 25 May 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's not about the land, it's about a grudge. Did he fire anyone recently? Got into an altercation?

What is it about the boots? Why were they left behind and when? Did Dylan take them off when he was running/hiding from attackers and they missed them?

I can not seem to re-find the photo of Dylans pickup truck. Wondering if it is 2 doors, double cab or extended cab. One reason that I put a pickup seat in the most forward position ( as his mothers describes the pickup seat being found) is if I need to unload a large object out of an extended cab pickup.

I can not seem to re-find the photo of Dylans pickup truck. Wondering if it is 2 doors, double cab or extended cab. One reason that I put a pickup seat in the most forward position ( as his mothers describes the pickup seat being found) is if I need to unload a large object out of an extended cab pickup.

Or, a person is getting into that back seat.

In my family, we call an extended cab (not crew cab) a dog cab, and now you know where our dogs ride in the truck. :cool:

Another timeline change on the official FB page.
5/26 Dylan’s account shows a bank transaction at a Montello eating establishment
5/27 An eyewitness claims that Dylan was at a Montello eating establishment.
If true why wasn’t there an additional bank transaction for Friday night? Did someone buy him dinner? Did the eyewitness tell LE who Dylan was with? (The page admin states that they consider the witness statement to be accurate, however, ECSO has not changed their press release from 6/9. It makes no mention of Dylan being back in Montello on Friday evening.)
This doesn’t change the fact that Dylan spoke to his gma from his farm early on Saturday morning. If he was in Montello on Friday evening, did someone go with or follow him home that night?
If Dylan did decide to leave his life on the farm with someone and because he is a responsible young man, did he garage the seed truck so the seeds wouldn’t be ruined and wash his truck to leave it in good condition?
Not a likely scenario , but so far none of us has been able to figure out what happened to Dylan Rounds sometime after he spoke to his gma on Saturday morning. ^^bbm
I dunno. Is the eyewitness aware that there was no record of a financial transaction on Friday and that DR's phone records also don't place him in Montello on Friday but they support him there on Thursday? Unless the eyewitness also attests to DR leaving his phone at home on Friday and somebody picking up the tab, I think it a wee bit stubborn on the part of the page Admin to essentially state damn the evidence, we're sticking with Friday 5/27! JMO o_O

Here is Dylans pick up. Screenshot 2022-06-11 4.42.41 PM.pngI pulled this from his Moms interview video. it is a Ford f-150 Lariat crew cab.

Last edited:
^^bbm
Dylan's dad Justin gave an interview from Dylan's place in Lucin on 6/7 (linked below), and his real concern over his son's fate was palpable. By all accounts and offers to help, they do seem to be a nice family.

Those locals at that bar know what happened. Haul them in for polys!

Amateur opinion and speculation

Now I'm not going to be able to stop thinking about that tank.....

Yeah me too, it made me think of Chris Watts and "burying" the bodies in the oil tank. Ugh.

I really hope they are able to search the entire area from top to bottom. Does anyone know if cadaver dogs are being used? Man I hate to even type that <sad>

Another timeline change on the official FB page.
5/26 Dylan’s account shows a bank transaction at a Montello eating establishment
5/27 An eyewitness claims that Dylan was at a Montello eating establishment.
If true why wasn’t there an additional bank transaction for Friday night? Did someone buy him dinner? Did the eyewitness tell LE who Dylan was with? (The page admin states that they consider the witness statement to be accurate, however, ECSO has not changed their press release from 6/9. It makes no mention of Dylan being back in Montello on Friday evening.)
This doesn’t change the fact that Dylan spoke to his gma from his farm early on Saturday morning. If he was in Montello on Friday evening, did someone go with or follow him home that night?
If Dylan did decide to leave his life on the farm with someone and because he is a responsible young man, did he garage the seed truck so the seeds wouldn’t be ruined and wash his truck to leave it in good condition?
Not a likely scenario , but so far none of us has been able to figure out what happened to Dylan Rounds sometime after he spoke to his gma on Saturday morning.
In the SleuthMom interview his mother said that they don’t know where Dylan was when his Gma called him Saturday morning. They assumed he was at his camper, but they are waiting for the more precise phone ping data to confirm it. She suggested that he could have been in Montella when he talked to gma. In the EastIdahoNews interview his mother also mentioned that he could have spent Friday night in Montello. She made a comment that lead me to believe that he does sometimes stay overnight in town. The comment struck me as odd…like she hesitated and was about to say something else but changed her mind. I haven’t had a chance to go back and listen to it again.

Last edited:
“Continuing Our Search for Dylan Sunday June 12th”
We will be gathering again at the local park in Montello, NV. on Sunday June 12th at 7 AM PST/8 AM MST for check in. Once again we ask you to come prepared. Wear boots and jeans, have water and extra fuel.

Please make sure to come properly equipped for dry desert conditions and be SAFE. The Elko County Sheriff Department has done an AMAZING job assisting and will continue to help analyze the search data and advising of areas that have not been fully covered.

We want to thank everyone in advance for your help. If you can, please download the Caltopo App and you can drop pins of where you have been and forward them to the Elko County Sheriff Department.

As a family we cannot not express how much we appreciate the outpouring of support we have received.

In the SleuthMom interview his mother said that they don’t know where Dylan was when his Gma called him Saturday morning. They assumed he was at his camper, but they are waiting for the more precise phone ping data to confirm it. She suggested that he could have been in Montella when he talked to gma. In the EastIdahoNews interview his mother also mentioned that he could have spend Friday night in Montello. She made a comment that lead me to believe that he does sometimes stay overnight in town. The comment struck me as odd…like she hesitated and was about to say something else but changed her mind. I haven’t had a chance to go back and listen to it again.
oooohhh, that is an interesting wrinkle. I have been very curious about if DR may have had a secret crush, or someone he was talking to. He is 19. So much time for him to be thinking while at work on the fArm---maybe thinking about someone he met in town ?

I think it is important because he is young and naive. Could he have stepped into a hornet's nest by getting caught up in a love triangle situation?

I have known several young men who have been oddly serious, single-minded, old fashioned, and honorable. These young men do not always look up from their work to notice the opportunist looking at THEM.

I feel very bad for Dylan and his family. I hope he is found safe.

From the link updated 8:04 PM, Jun 11, 2022

Now, things are picking up in the search for clues. Box Elder County sheriff's deputies are out searching, and on the Nevada side, the Elko County Sheriff's Office is following up on leads.

"There were cellphone pings on May 28 that indicated that Dylan was — at least Dylan's phone — was located in the Lucin area of Utah," said Box Elder Lt. Doug Fisher.

Deputies later found Rounds' boots and pickup truck about five miles west of his camper.

"We were allowed to take the pickup home," said Candice Cooley, Rounds' mother. "We have the pickup, so anything that could've been pulled off the pickup as far as the way the pickup records stuff, it may be gone because... Utah is still treating it as a simple missing persons case."

[..]

"There's conflicting information, so we're trying to vet all the information to find out what is rumors and also what would be actual factual," Fisher said. "We're trying to get down to the facts."

Please see Elko's Press Release of 6/9/22 (post #248 up-thread) that help explain Fisher's comments.

Last edited:
This makes me think of a true crime story I saw. Girl went missing they found her shoe beside her car with everything in it and the police didn’t check the car. Turned out her neighbour murdered her. Can’t think of her name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500