Found Deceased UT - Elizabeth Laguna Salgado, 26, Provo, 16 Apr 2015

Nearly eight years after Elizabeth Elena Laguna Salgado went missing, her family is still seeking justice and hopes to keep her memory alive.

Police have not publicly announced any suspects and have made no arrests in the case, although their investigation remains active.

Mackey Smith, who attended the 140th Ward, said he was unofficially assigned to be her ministering brother, a church calling that encourages members to serve and befriend one another. He said Elizabeth Salgado did not move her church membership records into the ward before she went missing, so she never officially became a member of the ward.

Smith said he spoke with Elizabeth Salgado several times before she disappeared, and while he didn’t get to know her very well during the brief few weeks she lived in Provo, she was a very friendly and faithful person who always looked for the good in people.

“You could tell she was really just excited about everything,” he said. “She believed in helping and serving other people.”

Cannon said the case has been moving more slowly than police would like. He said one of the main obstacles in this case is the length of time it takes to process and test evidence for DNA and other markers.

Utah Cold Case Coalition co-founder Karra Porter emphasized that just because a case hasn’t been solved yet doesn’t mean law enforcement is no longer working on it.

Jensen said he is particularly interested in information regarding a YSA stake activity Elizabeth may have attended the week before her death. He said the stake she was in, the Provo YSA 10th Stake, met at Kelly’s Grove Park at the base of Hobble Creek Canyon on Sunday, April 12, 2015.

Jensen said that given that Elizabeth Salgado’s body was found in Hobble Creek Canyon, it’s possible that the event is connected to her death.

Woman's remains found in southern Utah identified as aunt of Elizabeth Salgado​

According to the Washington County Sheriff's Office, human remains found by a hiker this weekend near a hiking trail are those of Miriam Salgado, 44, who went missing in 2021. Her remains were in the area of Sheep Bridge Road near Virgin, police said.

IMVHO, this is very concerning especially given the questions that searchers had early on when searching for Elizabeth

There was hope in a new lead, according to private investigator Jason Jensen, who has been working on the case. Jensen said a source has been identified that claimed Elizabeth visited Hobble Creek Canyon the weekend before her disappearance.

“There was a church activity at the mouth of Hobble Creek Canyon, at what was identified as the Kelly’s Grove Pavilion,” said Jensen.

If this is 100% true and accurate it is someone from the church. I've always felt that someone was waiting for her after she left school. Someone she was familiar with. At first I thought that it was a random stranger abduction, but given that Elizabeth did not speak English (apart from a very few phrases according to her friend at the school) I just don't think they would be able to get her over to the car to help with something (and it very clearly was a car abduction). I mean I suppose they could have pulled a gun but that area is just so busy and it was the middle of the day. On the route that the LE officer states she took there is parking diagonally all along one road very near the school. The parking is right on the pavement. Maybe someone waited there, called her over. The Hobble Creek Canyon connection above is just way too much - someone would have returned to where they were familiar.

I feel sorry for the uncle actually. If he has definitively been excluded by phone records and other methods by LE that's that. DId they check that no one was in when he said he knocked and also the Walmart footage of him going around aisle to aisle? Because if so, that excludes. I mean I did wonder, don't get me wrong. It's horrible to think but he was meant to meet her that day, I thought maybe he met her at the school etc but if he was excluded by phone records AND Walmart footage to me that is enough and says it all, and I feel awful for him with the suspicion on him.

I also think the "I have left school" text may have been Elizabeth texting back when scared/realising she was in a bad situation or under instruction.

I am also surprised there was not more CCTV than the hospital? There look to be so many businesses around there, you're walking past business after business on street view. I don't understand how they could not find anything. DId they do anything with phones like a geofence?

How incredibly sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back