UT - Family of 8 found dead in home by gunshot in Enoch, Jan 2023

(This is not all intended to be critical or condemning of this cultural practice, nor to poke-fun at it; I only want to share context examples so that readers might better understand, what I believe is, the probable intent of the photoshopped family photo where MH was replaced with an image of Jesus)

Some examples of this cultural practice of using Jesus as a feature in family portraits:

View attachment 414076
(Jesus holding miscarried children beside the living family)

View attachment 414077
(an actor portraying Jesus in a couple's engagement photoshoot)

View attachment 414079
(Jesus posing as the symbolic link between a deceased father and his living widow and children)
thank you for the perspective, I didn't know this was a thing. Will try to remember and be more sensitive about it in the future.

(This is not all intended to be critical or condemning of this cultural practice, nor to poke-fun at it; I only want to share context examples so that readers might better understand, what I believe is, the probable intent of the photoshopped family photo where MH was replaced with an image of Jesus)

Some examples of this cultural practice of using Jesus as a feature in family portraits:

View attachment 414076
(Jesus holding miscarried children beside the living family)

View attachment 414077
(an actor portraying Jesus in a couple's engagement photoshoot)

View attachment 414079
(Jesus posing as the symbolic link between a deceased father and his living widow and children)

I just read the full police report (57 pgs) released mid April and what I understood occurred here was the wife's (TH) family intentionally cropped the husband/father (MH) out of any family portraits and in the blank space between the couple, a photo of Jesus was inserted.

I believe inserting Jesus in the intentionally blank space is different than the tradition OP speaks of. JMO

Original Photo:

1685742876258.png

Substituted Photo

1685742984645.png

Photo Credit

I wonder what he had done wrong at his job. I'm sad for the kids. They must have been so excited about their future without that monster in the house, so close to freedom, only to have their futures stolen.

Reportedly, MH had sold his business earlier and given notice to Allstate that he would be leaving the Agency, and confirmed he would be receiving his 2022 bonus at year end. (TH also saw the Allstate bonus doc $$$ and was upset when MH did not purchase Christmas gifts for the family -- knowing this was not about money worries).

MH later told a party he'd just received a letter from Allstate advising him that he was being terminated for cause (misappropriated transactions) discovered in final review of his case files, and he would NOT be receiving his year end bonus. MH told the party he was appealing the decision to "get to the bottom of it," and believed termination was Corporate trying to cheat him out of his bonus.

However, MH also told the same party that his non-compete agreement was in effect until January 1, 2023, and he could go independent after this date which the party thought odd since most NCA's are in effect for 12 months or longer -- not a couple of weeks as MH was stating.

Not only was this guy an insult collector and gas-lighter, but obviously somebody on the brink so hard to know the truth here. Nonetheless, by all accounts, MH was very successful financially, and another party who recently reviewed MH's portfolio told investigators that MH did not have to work -- but was more interested in working for the sake of appearances.

In the final police report, there's evidence an investigator sent a subpoena to Allstate to confirm the conflicting info about MH's termination, and a note in the investigators report that Allstate indicated they would expedite the personnel information to police.

Given there was no public confirmation by either Allstate or police on whether or not MH was terminated for cause, I'm inclined to believe that the official reason for separation was pending and/or to be determined-- subject to the conclusion of any appeal. IMO, if there was no doubt MH was terminated for cause, I think this detail would have been confirmed in the final report. JMO

Haight Murders Final Report (Redacted) | PDF

I just read the full police report (57 pgs) released mid April and what I understood occurred here was the wife's (TH) family intentionally cropped the husband/father (MH) out of any family portraits and in the blank space between the couple, a photo of Jesus was inserted.

I believe inserting Jesus in the intentionally blank space is different than the tradition OP speaks of. JMO

Original Photo:

View attachment 426209

Substituted Photo

View attachment 426213

Photo Credit
The previous comment I had made just before the one with the examples already goes into why I believe this was both an effort to remove the murderer from the photo and to engage in this cultural practice at once. I made those comments in response to people who had the impression that the photoshopping was meant to portray the murderer as Christlike, which wasn’t what was intended, in my opinion.

Original Photo:

View attachment 426209

Substituted Photo

View attachment 426213

Photo Credit

The photo credit implies that it was an online funding agency that made the substitution.

Do we have a source for the family cropping him out? Because the same article has no less than three variations of this (without Jesus) and all have the husband's face in them. The credits go to a NY Post article. It sounds to me as if some third party did this.

IMO.

The photo credit implies that it was an online funding agency that made the substitution.

Do we have a source for the family cropping him out? Because the same article has no less than three variations of this (without Jesus) and all have the husband's face in them. The credits go to a NY Post article. It sounds to me as if some third party did this.

IMO.
I understand both the victims and the killer's family had online funding and the maternal family used the photo with Jesus that excluded the father/husband. Please see the 55+pg final police report for reference. Take note the report does not feature the photos but addressed them as described. And why is this even an issue?

I understand both the victims and the killer's family had online funding and the maternal family used the photo with Jesus that excluded the father/husband. Please see the 55+pg final police report for reference. Take note the report does not feature the photos but addressed them as described. And why is this even an issue?

No idea why it's an issue. The photo credits simply mention some funding website as the source, that's all. I am just saying that we don't know who made the decision, whether it's a local custom, or whether the family is following a custom or whether someone else (on their behalf, maybe) made the edit.

I"m agnostic as to its meaning.

IMO.

No idea why it's an issue. The photo credits simply mention some funding website as the source, that's all. I am just saying that we don't know who made the decision, whether it's a local custom, or whether the family is following a custom or whether someone else (on their behalf, maybe) made the edit.

I"m agnostic as to its meaning.

IMO.
right, I got really hot under the collar because I misunderstood something that it turns out may be a local custom? I still thank other posters for re-framing it for me, because I didn't have the cultural understanding, and whether or not it's insidious it still probably doesn't mean what I thought it meant at first.

IMO.
Thanks @10ofRods.

My mistake is I read and linked the factual info from the police report that told a different story, and I took two photos from MSM that I labeled "Actual" and "Substitute" to illustrate that this was not a "cultural" add Jesus to a family photo but an intentional decision by the victims siblings (the family) who lost their mother, sister, and nieces & nephews to a horrific, selfish and cowardly act by somebody who did not deserve a family.

Who could blame them for not wanting to see his face. MOO

I disagree that MSM (photo credit) makes it sound like the online fundraiser made the photo change per the paragraph directly beneath the "substitute photo" which reads:

Meanwhile, a account set up by the family bizarrely replaced Haight with Jesus in a family photo.

The fundraiser, which doesn’t mention Haight, had raised almost $95,000 by Monday morning.

“Their lives were tragically taken too soon. All who knew them loved them so very much,” the page reads, adding that the donations will go toward funeral expenses and a memorial fund in honor of the five kids.

IMO, it follows that if the online fundraiser page was 'set up by family,' the implication is the memorial and photo was set up by the family too.

Last edited:
It's the actual glowing obituary that shocks me, frankly. And I assume the word "family" likely means "relatives of Haight," at this point as obviously, the man killed his actual nuclear family.

Such a tragic event.

Reportedly, MH had sold his business earlier and given notice to Allstate that he would be leaving the Agency, and confirmed he would be receiving his 2022 bonus at year end...

...MH later told a party he'd just received a letter from Allstate advising him that he was being terminated for cause (misappropriated transactions) discovered in final review of his case files...
Thank you for this! I knew early on that he'd "sold his business" but then it seemed he'd been "fired from his job" and I couldn't reconcile those two things. This clarifies how both those things are true.

Thanks for posting this.
Included in that article is a video from ABC) of some of the converstations...

Tausha found her voice, but it ended up being her death sentence. :'( Domestic violence is so devastating.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back