GUILTY UT - Father killed infant son on altar after finding “666” on him, Ogden, 20 Jul 2018

Where was he radicalized? By who?

Maybe a religious sect? Religious radicalization? Reminds me of the Andrea Yates case. (And other religiously motivated murders I have read about.) In her case, it seems like her religious views were the catalyst for murdering her children. This ? I don't know. I wonder if he was religious before the poor baby's murder. I am just curious and there is no excuse at all for those horrendous murders. MOO

Weber County prosecutors will not seek death penalty against Ogden man accused of killing infant in 2018

OGDEN — Local prosecutors have made a decision on whether or not pursue the death penalty against an Ogden man accused of killing his infant son.

Capital punishment will not be sought against Alex Hidalgo, 38, who was charged with aggravated murder in July 2018, Weber County Attorney Christopher Allred said in an email Tuesday morning.
[.....]
If found guilty, Hidalgo could face a maximum punishment of life in prison without the possibility of parole.
[.....]
Hidalgo’s next court appearance is scheduled for Nov. 7 in Ogden’s 2nd District Court. He is being held without bail at the Weber County Jail.

I wonder if the baby possibly had a case of eczema or some other skin fungus, perhaps ringworm (of course it has nothing to do with worms).
Eczema can take several odd shapes, ringworm is usually circular. The the rashes are raised and red. Either, IMO, may have looked like three sixes to the father.
Some medical/dermatological person may know of another fungus, etc., that might look more like sixes.
Just a thought.

Here's an example of eczema:

322822_1100.jpg

Psoriasis or ringworm? Symptoms, treatment, and other rashes

Thursday, November 7th:
*Pretrial Conference Hearing (@ am PT) – UT – baby boy (10 mos.) (July 20, 2018, Ogden) – *Alex Hidalgo (37) arrested (7/21/18) & charged (7/23/18) with aggravated murder (1st degree felony), obstruction of justice (2nd degree felony) & desecrating a dead human body (3rd degree felony). Held without bail. DA will not seek DP.
Said he saw “666” on the boy’s body & killed him on a self-made altar. Could get DP.
7/26/18 Update: Next hearing 8/2 for appointment of an attorney.
8/2/18 Update: Preliminary Hearing was held on 3/25. Next hearing on 6/6.
5/22/19 Update: Phone conference set for 5/29.
10/15/19 Update: Local prosecutors have made a decision on not to pursue the death penalty. Next court appearance is scheduled for Nov. 7.

@borndem - can you access Weber County jail in Utah? Just wondering "when" the next court hearing might be.
and you are probably celebrating Thanksgiving - so....

animated-smileys-thanksgiving-01.gif

Enjoy your turkey!
animated-smileys-thanksgiving-25.gif

Didn't get much info -- he is in the Weber County Jail --

07-22-18 HIDALGO ALEX
M 38
details.png

Court Calendars - Utah Courts

No mention of court dates, etc.
I went to court dockets, and Weber County was not listed -- apparently the site posts the counties as the counties request...

Justice Court Calendars
These Justice Courts have requested their court calendars be posted here. Court calendars from other Justice Courts will be posted as available. Court calendars are updated daily.
Court Calendars - Utah Courts

Ogden man accused of killing infant son will go to trial in January 2021

During a Thursday morning hearing, the court set aside dates for the trial of Alex Hidalgo, 38, who is charged with one count of aggravated murder, a first-degree felony; obstructing justice, a second-degree felony; and abuse or desecration of a dead human body, a third-degree felony.

Court documents show that Hidalgo will go to trial starting on Jan. 8, 2021, and his trial will last at least a week. Hidalgo also has a court hearing scheduled for Nov. 12, 2020, in Ogden’s 2nd District Court.

I'll go ahead & post this & wait for @borndem to let me know IF this is still a "go" for today since the last update was from last year!!

Thursday, November 12th:
*Pretrial Conference Hearing (@ am PT) – UT – baby boy (10 mos.) (July 20, 2018, Ogden) – *Alex Hidalgo (37/now 39) arrested (7/21/18) & charged (7/23/18) with aggravated murder (1st degree felony), obstruction of justice (2nd degree felony) & desecrating a dead human body (3rd degree felony). Held without bail. DA will not seek DP.
Said he saw “666” on the boy’s body & killed him on a self-made altar. Could get DP.
Trial set to begin on 1/8/21.

7/26/18 Update: Next hearing 8/2/18 for appointment of an attorney.
8/2/18 Update: Preliminary Hearing was held on 3/25. Next hearing on 6/6/18.
5/22/19 Update: Phone conference set for 5/29/19.

10/15/19 Update: Local prosecutors have made a decision on not to pursue the death penalty. Next court appearance is scheduled for Nov. 7, 2019.
11/7/19 Update: Had hearing on 12/19/19 and trial has been set for 1/8/21. Next pretrial hearing on 11/12/20.

@borndem - hope all is well with you & still healthy!!

Just wondering if there might be an update for the next court hearing since I can't access it.

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

MOO
Adding to my theory above, his having his wife find him reading the Bible is staging overkill on the alibi.
What possible passage was he reading?

TJ that killed Ryan Martin in Lafayette, Indiana is one case where a mentally ill person did murder with premeditation.

And he was convicted of first degree murder, not found innocent because of mental illness.

Last edited:
another person that came to his senses....

Ogden man who killed son, then read Bible and watched religious program, pleads guilty

Dec. 4, 2020

OGDEN — A man who said his 10-month-old son was possessed by the devil pleaded guilty Thursday to fatally stabbing the boy in the neck and dumping his body in the trash.

In a plea bargain, Alex Hidalgo, 39, admitted to first-degree felony aggravated murder and second-degree felony obstructing justice in the July 21, 2018, death of Alex Hidalgo Jr.

The Weber County Attorney’s Office in return agreed to drop a charge of third-degree felony desecration of a body and said it would recommend Hidalgo be sentenced to 25 years to life in prison.

Prosecutors earlier had decided not to seek the death penalty. After that notification, the maximum penalty would be life without parole.

I had to put this article link in Outline - and was wondering if the original article might have a sentencing date? His trial was supposed to start on 1/8/21 & wondering if that might be the sentencing date?

TIA!
noel2.gif

another person that came to his senses....

Ogden man who killed son, then read Bible and watched religious program, pleads guilty

Dec. 4, 2020

OGDEN — A man who said his 10-month-old son was possessed by the devil pleaded guilty Thursday to fatally stabbing the boy in the neck and dumping his body in the trash.

In a plea bargain, Alex Hidalgo, 39, admitted to first-degree felony aggravated murder and second-degree felony obstructing justice in the July 21, 2018, death of Alex Hidalgo Jr.

The Weber County Attorney’s Office in return agreed to drop a charge of third-degree felony desecration of a body and said it would recommend Hidalgo be sentenced to 25 years to life in prison.

Prosecutors earlier had decided not to seek the death penalty. After that notification, the maximum penalty would be life without parole.

I had to put this article link in Outline - and was wondering if the original article might have a sentencing date? His trial was supposed to start on 1/8/21 & wondering if that might be the sentencing date?

TIA!
noel2.gif

Thanks.
So, he is sorry but not that sorry. Dealt guilty plea for no DP.

@borndem - I have your name as my "go to" person for this... was wondering if the Weber jail site has his next hearing - sentencing? Maybe when his trial was supposed to start on 1/8/21?

TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-033.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix