UT - Gwyneth Paltrow sued over ski collision at Deer Valley Resort in 2016 - trial, March 2023 *GP Not Guilty* #2

Just heard about the "not guilty" verdict. Great news! This s<modsnip - NO NAME-CALLING> was only going after GP because he knew she was a wealthy, famous celebrity. If she had been broke/destitute, he would never have thought about taking her to court.

As it stands, I also believe he lied about her running into him in the first place & that he was the one who ran into her.

Hopefully this <modsnip - NO NAME-CALLING> lost a lot of $ in legal fees here. What an entitled Idiot.

As far as celebrities involved in skiing accidents, two come to mind off the top of my head: Sonny Bono & Natasha Richardson (somewhat well known actress; the daughter of Vanessa Redgrave & wife of Liam Neeson) both died as the result of skiing accidents. So, it's obvious that skiing isn't extremely safe & that you have to be careful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just heard about the "not guilty" verdict. Great news! This <modsnip - NO NAME-CALLING> was only going after GP because he knew she was a wealthy, famous celebrity. If she had been broke/destitute, he would never have thought about taking her to court.

As it stands, I also believe he lied about her running into him in the first place & that he was the one who ran into her.

Hopefully this <modsnip - NO NAME-CALLING> lost a lot of $ in legal fees here. What an entitled Idiot.

As far as celebrities involved in skiing accidents, two come to mind off the top of my head: Sonny Bono & Natasha Richardson (somewhat well known actress; the daughter of Vanessa Redgrave & wife of Liam Neeson) both died as the result of skiing accidents. So, it's obvious that skiing isn't extremely safe & that you have to be careful.
Also Michael Kennedy, son of RFK, died in a skiing accident.

He’s going to have to pay attorney fees, so he will pay but not sure any lessons will be learned.
she sued him; assuming he has normal liability coverage rider to is HO insurance, his insurance company will pay GP's fees as well as the legal team the insurance company hired/assigned to TS.

Experts (medical) reviewed records and support a dementia diagnosis, with dementia-driven personality disorders, dysexecutive function, confabulation, grandiosity, depression. They said he genuinely emotionally believed his dementia symptoms were caused by GP and that she injured him. Via his symptoms of confabulation, he couldn't be talked out of that obsession.

No longer He Said and She Said. Rather its:
He's Crazy / and She Helped the poor ol' dude find a proper neurological diagnosis.

I think we can see why GP's team went full steam ahead and her Insurance Company will be fully reimbursed for the expenses related to getting their client fully exonerated. (And diagnosed.)

I hope we soon learn that that TS's daughters act like daughters and get him help instead of avoiding him. If that sounds a bit harsh, I apologize ... but I believe they have some introspection ahead.

And I hope we learn that his lawyers get hauled in on malpractice charges for elder abuse.

This trial was ridiculous, and now we know why.

Prince Friso of NL, Natasha Richardson and Michael Schumacher never brought legal actions against anyone or resort.
In US, can't bring charges against resort; skiing is fully at own risk - ticket purchase is a contract acknowledging all risks and responsibilities that belong to the skier and NOT to the ski area. Same with weather and snow conditions. Same in Canada. (Not sure but probably same in FR and AUS).

Proving resort is negligent ... (difficult weather/snow conditions or loss of control and collisions with the normal stationary features on the hill are not negligence) ... is pretty difficult.

IMO

she sued him; assuming he has normal liability coverage rider to is HO insurance, his insurance company will pay GP's fees as well as the legal team the insurance company hired/assigned to TS.
All I can say is, I hope he don’t have HO insurance. She counter sued him.

... Plus, they (his slimy (IMO) attnys) likely noticed - and learned from family - about his unstable obsessive personality.

I think the "witness friend" did no favors for TS and family by egging on TS' obsession and supporting the theory that that GP banshee-wailed, clobbered him, sent him flying and landing on his face spread-eagled on the snow and caused him permanent brain damage.

Skis release (don't stay on) in the accident TS described. That's how I knew he was "lying" the first week. But this second week? Just OMG. Too much, too sad. Doc expert says "No, he's not lying. He actually believes his own version of events due to his neurological disability". I hope he now gets the help, the love, the care and the calming meds every elder with dementia is entitled to.

Last edited:
In US, can't bring charges against resort; skiing is fully at own risk - ticket purchase is a contract acknowledging all risks and responsibilities that belong to the skier and NOT to the ski area. Same with weather and snow conditions. Same in Canada. (Not sure but probably same in FR and AUS).

Proving resort is negligent ... (difficult weather/snow conditions or loss of control and collisions with the normal stationary features on the hill are not negligence) ... is pretty difficult.

IMO
It does happen though. I was reading about this horrifying case just a day ago.

Don't defend this guy. I don't believe this <modsnip - NO NAME-CALLING> has/had dementia. He was just making all of this up in order to get $ from GP.

Again, if GP had been a broke college student instead of a wealthy, famous celebrity - he obviously wouldn't have taken her to court. He only did this because he smelled a possible payday.

I'm not a skier, but I strongly suspect that people run into each other (by accident) on ski slopes on a regular or at least semi-regular basis. Do all of these people take each other to court over this?! I.e., if this were a common occurrence - it seems evident that a lot fewer people would be out there skiing due to fears of liability.

Don't defend this guy. I don't believe this <modsnip - NO NAME-CALLING> has/had dementia. He was just making all of this up in order to get $ from GP.

Again, if GP had been a broke college student instead of a wealthy, famous celebrity - he obviously wouldn't have taken her to court. He only did this because he smelled a possible payday.

I'm not a skier, but I strongly suspect that people run into each other (by accident) on ski slopes on a regular or at least semi-regular basis. Do all of these people take each other to court over this?! I.e., if this were a common occurrence - it seems evident that a lot fewer people would be out there skiing due to fears of liability.
100% agree. I was searching my conscience yesterday cause one of the LawTubers was reprimanding folks for their criticism and vitriol towards this guy. Saying we all live in glasshouses etc and how emotional these trials are for all involved.

But TS wasn’t just using Ramon’s account of the collision, he himself said he was hit from behind by a screaming woman and flew forward and only saw snow before everything went black. This was a blatant lie IMO and the 8 jurors who sat through this trial agreed. So he’s a liar and a grifter! This has nothing to do with dementia. In fact it was proven he doesn’t have dementia - was never diagnosed with dementia. Someone with dementia does not galavant across the globe. He concocted this whole thing with his buddy to fleece GP and to be in the spotlight. He also enjoys the attention from being a “victim.” He LOVED holding court at the presser after the verdict.

I too wonder what she said to TS on exiting the courtroom. It was two or three words at most and it didn't look like F off or anything derogatory to me so I am betting on something innocuous like "good luck" "best wishes" or maybe "nice try"

{ETA just saw a statement from TS saying she said "I wish you well". Classier than I probably would have been JS]

I think he did it more for attention than $$ but of course the $$ would have been welcome outcome. Not happening.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back